Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurang P. ShahYour feedback matters!
I am almost 8 weeks pregnant at the age of 34. We have been married for 5 years now. Mine was a late marriage and we had been trying for kids for the past 2 years now. Lately came to know that I ve hypothyroidism. Want to kno if my thyroid wl cause any complications in my pregnancy. Tsh is 12.9 ulU/ml.
Hello doc I want to know it is easy for us to penetrate a vagina but can we penetrate the urethra and if we can what will be the complications and result.
Hello sir, My wife is 5month pregnant with twins. Last weak I check doctor and do scans. Doctor checked scans report and suddenly he told one baby is died so remove another baby also. Every month I check doctor and every month I take scans. Last 4 month doctor saying baby is good. But 5th month he say this Answer. What reason he didn't tel me. Now doctor advice to me. Must I doing. Torch test. What is torch test? Please guide me.
I got pregnant on november 29, and now I want to abort this baby. The baby age is 94 days approx. Can I take any pill for abort this baby? Or go for a hospital? And if I go for a hospital how much Time to take abort this baby .Plz help me .Bcoz I am unmarried. Yesterday's I done my usg. And now the Dr. Tell me that my baby is too big how is this possible? And he trapped me and told me that if I go for abortion then the Dr. Give a medicine and take my sense for 1 day for this abortion, why it is happened? My sister also doing this abortion from hospital and she take only 30 mint to clear it. And she complete 4 months of baby age and she has no pain at all .plz help me.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections that you can get from having sex with someone who already has the infection. The causes of STDs are bacteria, parasites, and viruses. These infections often do not cause any symptoms, and can still be passed unknowingly from the infected partner to the other. However, some common symptoms include genital itching, lesions, flu / fever like symptoms and feeling pain / pressure in the lower part of the stomach.
There are many kinds of STDs including Chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes, syphilis and HIV.
The important thing to understand and know is that these STDs can be prevented.
3 ways of preventing STDS are:
1. Precautions before having sex
There are some things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting STDs before having sex. This include:
- Limiting the number of sexual partners
- Talking honestly with partners about your sexual history
- Getting tested, along with your partner, before having sex
- Getting timely vaccination against HPV and HBV
If you have been diagnosed with an STD you should tell your partner about it and also explicitly ask your partner if they have had an STD.
2. Practice safe sex
Use a latex condom every time you have sex and use a water-based lubricant. If your sex life involves intercourse, anal or vaginal, make up your mind to never have sex without a condom. If you or your partner is at a high risk of STDs, be consistent about barrier use during oral sex as well. Avoid sharing towels or underclothing to reduce the risk of an STD. Check the expiration date of the condom and make sure that it has an air bubble, which shows it has not been punctured. Dispose the condom properly and never reuse it.
3. Don't drink Alcohol or use drugs before having sex
It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectiveness.
Hello Doctor I am a new mother got delivered on 14january by today its 2 months complete I have undergone c section so my query is can I ride a bike after 2 months of delivery is it safe I feel perfectly alright I dnt feel any pain so give me some suggestion.
Pregnancy is a time when you have to be at your vigilant best even as you go about your normal life. If you happen to be a smoker and enjoy a drink once in a while, then it may be time to change these habits. Ideally, one should let go of these habits as soon as the couple starts trying for a baby, as how you treat your body in the preconception stage will have a great bearing on how your body adjusts to pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth. Let us find out the dangers of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. (Learn more about healthy pregnancy)
- Alcohol and Your Baby: While you may be thinking that a drink or two of wine in a week may not do any harm to your foetus, this is actually a misnomer. One should steer clear of even a sip as the alcohol usually ends up passing through you placenta and right into your growing foetus.
- Alcohol Break Down: When the alcohol gets passed through your system and into the baby, there is a definite health hazard to the foetus. This is due to the fact that the body tends to break down alcohol in a much slower manner, than it would break down any other food or beverage. And the risk is that much more heightened in case of the growing foetus, because the tiny bodies are not equipped to handle the breaking down process properly. This may lead to a rise of the blood alcohol level of the foetus, keeping it at that level even after the mother's blood alcohol level has been restored to normal.
- Retardation and Other Related Ailments: When the blood alcohol level of the baby remains high, it can lead to a variety of problems that can go from mild to severe. Retardation, heart ailments and more can be born from this issue. Also, this can lead to deformed facial features as well as behavioural problems like aggression.
- Smoking and Low Birth Weight: When you smoke during your pregnancy, it doubles your risk of birthing a baby whose weight is significantly lower than the acceptable standard and what is considered normal (learn more about the affect of smoking on your and your baby's health)
- Smoking and Other Complications: Also, smoking during pregnancy increases the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy, which can lead to the loss of the foetus. Further, you can also end up having a premature baby, if you smoke during pregnancy, as this will lead to the burst of your water before the actual labour begins. Finally, smoking during pregnancy can give rise to complications in the placenta, which will result in a separation of the placenta from the uterine wall, much before the delivery actually happens.
I have white discharge on my underwear and my period is late. I have had sex recently and it was safe. Is this normal?
My wife has gone through Laparoscopy in march for removing tube (Hydrosulphinx) and fibroid. Now she always feel pain in right side lower abdomen and she got bowel problem. She also got endometriosis cyst in left ovary. Doctor suggesting for IVF. With this pain and cyst should we go for IVF with donor egg or not?
I want to test my sex stamina and I am single and unmarried. Is going to escorts the only solution and is it safe?
Am having a pale but visible line from belly button to private parts. But I have some kind of foreplay with my bf after 2-3 days completion of my period. My last period date was on 15th july. We haven't done the intercourse but he rubbed his genitals against mine. We were nude though. Is this line on my belly means I am pregnant? Please help. I am also feeling dizziness and weakness. But we haven't done the intercourse. On 10th august means today I noticed some brown discharge from vagina and mild stomach pain. Am I pregnant. Please help.
Some love it, some hate it because of the smell that stays behind. However, it is advisable to eat a lot of onions, as they are very good for your health.
Cooking the onions kill their medicinal properties. That is why red onions should be eaten raw and untreated. There are a lot of combinations, and if you're brave enough, you can eat it as a side dish almost every lunch. Today, we'll give you 7 reasons to add red onions to your diet.
Stops cancer cell growth
Onions are rich sulfur compounds that protect the body from stomach cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer. They are also effective in fighting off bacteria in the urinary tract.
Raw onions increase the production of insulin. If you are a diabetic, you have a good reason to regularly eat fresh raw onions.
Fibers found in raw onions can help you in the fight against constipation. They force out toxins and hard food particles from your intestines.
Help for a sore throat
Make onion juice. It's great for healing colds and sore throats.
If you are tormented by nosebleeds, red onions can stop the bleeding. You can also smell onions for healing nose bleeds.
It protects the heart
Onions can help protect the heart from coronary disease. Onions can also control high blood pressure.
Controls cholesterol levels
Raw onions control cholesterol levels and lower bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.