Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurang P. ShahYour feedback matters!
Dear sir I am married sir when am sex with my wife i get rashes and pimples on penis. What should i do?
Hi, before 3 years I had sex with my ex bf. But after my breakup I hadn't sex with my current bf. I mean to say he never push his private part in my private part. He does play with my vagina only. But now m in a trouble and my periods not come from last 1 month. Please suggest what should I do.
Hello doctor. I have tested positive for pregnancy of 2 weeks. I had 2 M.P Forte capsules. (Red color) (Ayurvedic contents) for three times a day for two days. But I haven't got my periods yet. Doctor. Are these capsules effective for abortion or not? Please reply asap and how to go about next. This is urgent. Please look into this matter ASAP as I want to terminate this ASAP.
I am 32 years old. And I am married from last 2 years and 6 months. Last year I got miscarriage. And now we're trying from last two months but no result found. Kindly suggest me something to conceive a baby.
I am 27 yr old married woman, I have diagnosed with ruptured cyst after doing a ultrasound today. Is there any chance that it can be ectopic pregnancy? I had pain in my left abdomen and from past 2 months my menstrual bleeding days got reduced from 5 days to 3 days.
Hello Doctor, I'm a male 30 years old and married for 4 years. I and my wife trying for more than 1 year to get a baby but no luck. We are in USA and when we consult the doctor asked us to take many test. And the result came as I have XXY chromosome and my wife has everything normal. My testosterone level also very low. Is there any medication in india for me to get a baby.
Pregnancy is one of the most transformative experiences in the life of a woman. Every moment of pregnancy is filled with intense joy and anticipation. However, due to massive hormonal fluctuations during this time period, there can be moments of unexplained depression and distress. This happens mostly due to the metamorphosis that the body undergoes in order to accommodate the growth and development of a new life. During this time, innumerable physical changes take place.
Other major change that can vary from one woman to another depends on their lifestyle, general health, diet and self-care routine. Another important factor to consider is the kind of drugs that the doctors prescribe which can affect the body in different ways.
Ways in which your body transforms during pregnancy
- Skin: The rise in the levels of oestrogen often provides the “pregnancy glow” to the skin. It can temporarily make the skin look even toned and healthy. However, it may also affect the skin in a negative manner; give rise to blotchy pigmentation, rashes, under eye dark circles. The increase in oil secretion causes acne outbreaks. Stretch marks are common problems that do not seem to go easily. These are visible mostly near the abdomen and on the limbs.
- Hair: On a regular basis, almost 100 hair strands fall out, and new hair strands take their place. This continues in a cyclical process. During pregnancy, the follicles are mostly locked in a growing phase that causes a surge in the volume of hair. After the birth of the baby, the extra follicles start falling out and this phase can cause a lot of distress to the new mother. However, with proper care and medication, the excessive hair fall should be in control in a month or two.
- Bodyache: Back pain, especially in the pelvic or lower back region is one of the most common occurrences in the advanced stages of pregnancy. This is accompanied by headaches, swollen legs or tingly, numb feeling in the hands. The substantial increase in water retention is most visible in the legs and feet and may make walking or standing painfully difficult. Varicose veins develop and worsen during pregnancy. The sudden, yet temporary weight gain causes difficulty in movement.
- Digestion: The digestive system slows done during pregnancy. This happens due to a number of chemical secretions, hormones and in most cases, the inability to remain physically active as before. This leads to a rise in acidity, indigestion and most commonly, constipation.
- Incontinence: The pressure on the urethra can lead to difficulty in urination and cause incontinence.
- Heart, lungs and blood pressure: The heart has to work harder than before and pump extra blood to the growing baby within the womb. This causes an increase in the pulse rate and blood circulation throughout the baby. The blood pressure fluctuates and may drop down during the second trimester as the pregnancy hormones often cause the blood vessels to relax. This is often the reason for dizziness and disorientation during pregnancy. In case of patients with hypertension, the blood vessels may constrict and can create a medical emergency situation.
- Breasts: The increase in progesterone and estrogen, and the milk producing hormone ‘prolactin’ create visible changes in the breasts. This includes darkening of the areola, increase in the blood flow to the breasts, erection and hypersensitivity in the nipples and the growth in the milk sacs, ducts and lobes.
Most of these symptoms improve and disappear in a few weeks after child birth and the body starts recovering. The sheer exhaustion of childbirth takes a toll on the physical and mental health of the mother. There is utmost need of rest and proper nutrition. There is no need to rush to heal yourself, it is best left to nature along with a few guidelines that your doctor will help you with.
Dear sir / mam, I am 20 years old female. I want to delay my periods for just few days. I wanted to know that weather taking this step would be harmful to me in future? as I have regular cycle since the time I got mature. Kindly help me By giving a helpful answer.
Causes & symptoms of acidity
Acidity is the cause of surplus secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach secretes an acid, which is necessary for the digestive process. This acid, in turn, produces various digestive enzymes, like pepsin, which help in the breaking complex food particles into elements that can be easily digested by the body. When there secretion of acid is more than necessary, it results in the feeling of immense heartburn, along with a sensation of inflammation in the throat. This condition has been given the name of acidity. Its other symptoms include formation of ulcers and dyspepsia. Consumption of alcohol, highly spicy food and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaid's) also trigger acid formation and result in acidity. Nonetheless, it can be cured at home using various procedures. Read on to know about some home remedies for curing acidity.
Home remedies for acidity
If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of clove. It will bring immediate relief. For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other dairy products will prove to be helpful.
Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid of acidity.
Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons honey to a glass of water. Drink this concoction after meals, as it reduces the chances of acidity.
Boil cumin seeds in a glass of water. Let it cool down and supplement your meals with it.
Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in treating acidity naturally.
If you are have acidity problem, avoid taking tea, coffee and other aerated drinks. Instead, go for herbal tea, containing spearmint (pudina) and liquorice (mulethi).
The simplest of all remedies is to have a glass of warm water every day, early in the morning. Water is believed to neutralize acidity.
Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring relief from acidity.
If you are looking for an immediate relief, have a bowl of yoghurt. It is one of the most effective home remedies for acidity.
If you constantly suffer from acidity, suck on 10 grams jaggery everyday, after meals. It will help you avoid acid formation.
Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday, in order to avoid acid formation and the resultant acidity.
If you want instant relief from acidity, take a glass of water with a teaspoon of soda in it.
Oily skin results from overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum, which can clog pores of the skin. Clogged pores result in inflammation on the skin, thus causing breakouts. Oily skin can also appear shiny and dirty as oil tends to attract dirt. Oily skin also makes you prone to white heads, black heads and pimples. Open pores is another concern that people with oily skin have. These open pores can look disfiguring on the skin and lead to acne flare ups. You should focus on keeping your skin clean to prevent breakouts. It is recommended to undergo facials to keep your skin healthy and refreshed, and thus reduce oiliness on the skin.
Ways to control oil
- Facials help in renewing dead skin cells and improving blood circulation on the skin. This also helps in getting rid of the waste from under your skin to remove the puffiness. With this process, the pores are cleaned effectively so that there is no buildup of impurities. Any cleansing treatment for oily skin should also focus on controlling the oil so that the skin remains oil free for a long time period.
- You can also use a facial that uses botanical extracts such as burdock roots, kudzu and chamomile flower. These ingredients help in controlling and normalizing oil production and help to remove dirt and impurities from your skin effectively.
- If you have a skin that is acne prone, then you need to adopt a slightly different approach. Use a cleanser made from tea to soothe any inflammation on the skin. The toner should contain salicylic acid because of its anti-inflammatory properties that help in regulating oil production.
- Use a mask that is made out of sea mud to clean your pores efficiently. This mud absorbs extra oil and also prevents further breakouts. You may also use a mask that consists of buttermilk and synergistic tea blend to cool your skin.
Oily skin requires moisturizing, just like any other skin type. In this regard, make sure the moisturizers you use are mostly water based and oil free. The moisturizers should contain zinc oxide as it protects your skin and also reduces the redness of your skin that results from acne problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi I am 28 yrs old female. I had my periods start on 1st dec and on third day that is on 3rd dec I had fever with temp 103.3 degrees celcius with shiver and damn bad headache. I was feeling like my head is goin heavy specially at the front, above the eyes and at the back plus I was feeling as someone is stretching my intestines in stomach badly. In the evening I had vomit then at night I had consulted a local physician nearby and he gave me medicine. Withing half an hour my headache and fever ws gone but stomach and lower abdominal and pelvic pain was still there. Then on 4th dec in the morning 4: 15 a. M I had damn bad abdominal pain (which covered the vagina, pelvic area in the centre and pelvic area in the right side and the pain is felt in anal side also) then I managed to take meftal spas and the pain ws less then before but it is still there. Now I feel tenderness in my stomach area, pelvic area and on vagina. Pain is still there in centre and right side of the pelvic area. Every time I cough or do anything its paining badly. please help and suggest what kind of problem is this. Recently last month I consulted gynae and se told I have vaginal infection and gave me medications for that. I guess it was cure but this pelvic pain problem I m facing from past 15-20 days. please help and suggest what is my problem and which doc should I consult?
Me and my gf had sex on 5th day of period. She had her last menstruation cycle on 16 january and before that she had her cycle on 17 december. The sex we had on 21 january was unprotected. And also till date she do not have any signs of pregnancy like vomiting and fainting. So is there any chance of getting pregnant? And if yes, what we can do to avoid pregnancy?
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.