Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Garima Bang
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Garima BangYour feedback matters!
We need to Feed my 3wks old baby lactozen 1 whenever we are travelling or I am not around. We usually give 30ml water n 1scoop lactozen. Is it sufficient or we need to increase the amount?
Sir . My problem is that I am having pain in my breast. It start 10 - 12 days before my monthly and remain up to end of my monthly cycle. In these days I also have abdominal pain in last 5 days. And sir I am having two children .younger is 5 year old. So please guide me what I can do.
Hello, My baby born 2 months completed. Breast milk production goes on reducing. What I have to eat to increase milk.
My son is just 3yrs old from 1month I saw that whenever he discharge toilets his penis blow like balloon I very scared please tell me what's should l do.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma,infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency(GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.