Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. GareemaYour feedback matters!
Heart attacks often show some visible signs for concern. While many may not face the chest-clutching moment, there are other symptoms that are hard to miss. In fact, some heart attack symptoms are not even related to the chest. People suffering from cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure or above the age of 60 should especially be more careful about these symptoms. Here is a list of few alarming signs and symptoms of a heart attack:
- Discomfort in the chest: This is the most visible and common signs of a heart attack. A blocked artery can lead to a heart attack with symptoms such as tightness, pressure and intense pain in the chest. The discomfort typically last for a minute or longer. It must be kept in mind that a heart attack is entirely possible without feeling any pain whatsoever.
- Heartburn, nausea, stomach pain and indigestion: Many people reportedly face these symptoms before a heart attack. It is more likely for a woman to face these symptoms compared to a man. These conditions can happen in isolation as well. But a combination of these symptoms to a person suffering from blood pressure, high cholesterol should be taken seriously.
- The pain slowly shifts to the arm: This is another classic example of a heart attack. A symptom that starts from the left side of the body and radiates down. Even a constant and dull pain in the arm has resulted in heart attacks for many patients.
- Feeling of light-headedness: A sudden feeling of lightheadedness along with an acute chest pain is a very good sign of a heart attack. This symptom necessarily indicates that the blood pressure of the person has suddenly decreased and the heart is not able to pump enough blood.
- Jaw or throat pain: Jaw or throat pain by itself is nowhere related to the heart. Going by common beliefs, it can arise from sinus, muscular issue or simply a cold. Medical science states otherwise. If an ongoing chest pain spreads towards jaw or throat, it can well be an ensuing heart attack. Seeking immediate medical attention is necessary in such cases.
- Snoring: Loud snoring that sounds like choking or grasping can be a sign of sleep apnea. This is a condition when an individual stop breathing for few seconds making the heart pump more blood. If the condition persists, a doctor might suggest doing a sleep pattern analysis using a CPAP machine to identify if there is any possible threat of a heart attack.
- A persistent cough: A long lasting cough that produces pink mucus can be a very visible sign of a heart failure. This is the condition when the heart can’t keep pace with the demands of the body. This should be immediately reported to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
My husband age 59years is suffering from 70%blockage in lad&doctor adv ptca+stenting. Is it cure by medicine?
I am having the the problem of Snoring and breathing by my mouth while going in deep sleep. Is it possible to stop and have easy breath? I am aged now 53 years and Is it possible/have any tablet to take care of heart, to avoid any blood blockages etc.
I have acidity problem and due to that it seems my left hand and chest pains at times Please suggest measures on how to avoid acidic issues.
He is patient of high blood pressure since last 5 years and paralysis also in Right side of body parts. Can please tell about the food chart which are good in this conditions.
6 months back my mother had angioplasty operation(age 49) due to unstable angina. Recently while walking her feet swelled litter and had a stomach pain. Then she stopped walking after 2 days it back to normal. When she walks her feet swells again. Please guide me what to do ?
My aunt suffering from heart problem. When environment is cold. She suddenly increases her bp. Give a tip for this.
Your heart gives you warning signs before the onset of a major problem. You may not even know that you are at risk of one or more heart diseases if you fail to notice these small signs that your heart sends out. Even a minor symptom, like chest pain, can indicate that your heart may be in trouble. While there could be many causal factors for a heart condition, here some symptoms, which are possible indications of a heart disease and should not be ignored in any case.
1. Chest pain or discomfort - This symptom is the most common one, which indicates that your heart is not healthy. It usually comes in the form of a pain, pressure or tightness in the chest and may happen due to a blocked artery. This may be an early warning sign of a heart attack and you should seek professional advice before it turns into a major problem.
2. Excessive sweating - If you often sweat without any valid reason, it might be a sign to be concerned for. The sweating experienced will feel more like the one that arises due to stress rather than common perspiration experienced due to any vigorous physical activity.
3. Difficulty in breathing - Shortness of breath is an indication that you are at high risk of getting a heart attack. The symptom includes having difficulty in breathing and feels similar to the panting experienced after a long run.
4. Nausea and frequent stomach problems - If you experience nausea, heartburn, indigestion or abdominal pain frequently, it may be the result of an unhealthy heart. Of course, these signs may be due to other diseases as well, but if you experience any of the other symptoms of heart problems too, it's highly probable that your heart is in trouble.
5. Exhaustion - If you fall into the high-risk zone of being a potential heart patient, you may feel exhausted after doing some simple chores, which didn't tire you earlier. Common examples may be climbing the stairs or carrying something from your doorstep inside the house to name a few.