Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ganpat Jagannath SawantYour feedback matters!
Allergic reactions are the body’s way of responding to foreign substances. The body recognizes these substances (be it food, pollens, insect bites, etc.) as antigens and produces antibodies. These antibodies can cause various reactions depending on the severity of the allergen, be it skin rash, hives, or angioedema. In severe cases, there could be swelling of the tongue and the respiratory tract, leading to choking of the airways.
Literally, angioedema means swelling of the blood vessels. These are located in the underlying layers of the skin and their swelling can lead to formation of giant hives, which can be extremely itchy, reddish, and oval or circular in shape. The affected area I usually warm and painful to touch.
Angioedema is caused due to the following:
Food allergies including eggs, peanuts, shellfish, milk, tree nuts, chocolates, etc.
Insect bites or stings
Pollen, latex, animal dander, poison ivy, and other common allergens
Medications like aspirin, penicillin, ibuprofen, and some blood pressure medicines
In response to blood transfusions
Auto-immune disorders like lupus
Conditions like leukemia and thyroid disorders
Infections like hepatitis, cytomegalovirus infections, Epstein-Barr infections, etc.
Weather conditions like extremes of cold, heat, or pressure
Extreme emotional stress
Genetic angioedema, passed on from parents to children, which could last forever
While hives usually develop without any warning, the following condition puts a person at risk of developing angioedema.
Predisposition to allergic reactions (highly active immune system)
Previous history of allergies
Genetic history of allergies or angioedema
Most angioedema cases are limited to the skin and hives, but there could be severe cases leading to respiratory distress.
If it is the first instance of hives, the doctor would ask detailed questions about similar occurrence in the past. They would also check if there are similar hives on other parts of the body like the back, which you may have missed. If required, this examination is followed by allergy testing and blood testing. The allergy testing will help identify if you are allergic to some of the common things which cause allergy. The blood test will look for your eosinophil count, which is usually high in people prone to allergies. C1 esterase inhibitor test and complement particles also can be checked, if there is suspicion of genetic angioedema.
This would depend on the severity of symptoms
- In case of angioedema, admission in hospital may be needed.
- Tracheostomy may also become essential to save patients life.
- Vigorous therapy with intravenous medications like steroid, antihistamines and others may be needed.
- Under medical treatment, antihistamines like cetirizine and loratadine are prescribed. However, severe cases may require steroids like prednisolone.
Once you know what caused it, avoid exposure to these substances and further attacks can be prevented. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 7 weeks pregnant I am working, I do daily 1 & half hours travel Today I have started pain my upper abdominal I have taken consultation with the doctor she advised me some injection medicines she diagnose its acidic pain kindly suggest do & fonts this time.
Hi actually I ask personal question I was married last two years but I don't know my vagina is very loose please give me and how to tight and I am too weak and how to increase my weight.
Last period on 13th july. I had sex after 1 day period got over 18th july. A Nd took ecp within 24 hrs. I have nt regular period cycle. And till now I have nt got my period.
After mensuration or bleeding her stomach pain starts, so we go to the homeopathic gynecologist, he prescribed oskarist tonic and said take twice a day regularly after food but no improvement takes place. please help how to eradicate this prblm? What is the medicine and tonic for this? And what is the natural method to reduce the pain and this prblm also?, please help.
We have done ultrasound on 5 March 2016. Report shows single intra uterine pregnancy of 19 weeks 6 days 1 weeks cephalic presentation. My question is what is the estimate conception date?
Parents can help their children enjoy these video games appropriately and avoid problems by:
Avoiding video games in preschool-aged childrenChecking the ESRB ratings to select appropriate games—both in content and level of developmentPlaying videogames with their children to share the experience and discuss the game’s contentSetting clear rules about game content and playing time, both in and outside the homeMonitoring online interactions and warning children about potential dangers of Internet contacts while playing games onlineAllowing video game playing only in public areas of the home, not in the child’s bedroomRemembering that you are a role model for your children including which video games you play and how long you play themEnforcing total screen time limitsEnsuring video games are only played after homework and chores are doneEncouraging participation in other activities, particularly physical activities
Hi I am 19 weeks pregnant, I got 101. 2 degree fever 2 days back my doctor suggested me to take dolo650 and other to tabs now m feeling quite better. But want to know will my baby will get effected or will my baby will get any health defects.
I am 26 years old married woman, I had a cyst removed in 2008 and my right ovary was damaged and removed too. What is the best way to conceive without any delay or any complications? Any precautions need to be taken?
I am married, and now I am pregnant for last one month, but I don't want to get baby this time, its too early, so what should I do to drop this?
15 days ago I have heavy white discharge, then after 3 days I got some vaginal infections, and I go to a gynecologist, he prescribed some medicines, after 7 days the infections are totally gone, but still now, I have this heavy white discharge, is it a serious problem? Now what should I do?
Hello, I am 36 years old female and I have high blood pressure problem. And lots of stress. Please suggest any yoga.
More than half of the women who menstruate, tend to go through pain from period cramps for a day or two every month. During the menstrual cycle, the uterus contracts to remove its coating or lining. Hormone like substances, called prostaglandins, which are the cause for pain and aggravation, trigger the uterine muscle contractions. More elevated levels of prostaglandins are linked with more severe menstrual cramps.
While menstrual cramps, additionally called dysmenorrhea, are normally not an indication of a highly serious health condition, they can act as barriers in your daily lifestyle. To help with the pain, here are five things that may offer some relief. In case your period cramps appear to be extreme or you do not get help even after attempting some of these choices, check with your specialist for the required medication or treatment. Five ways to prevent severe menstrual cramps are:
- Exercise: A regular walk or any sort of physical movement can relieve you from the abdomen and thigh pain. This discharges endorphins to balance the prostaglandins and diminish your cramps. Exercising a little three to four times each week is useful for the general strength of your body.
- Apply a heating pad: Warmth unwinds the contracting muscles in your uterus, which is the reason for your pain. There are a number of over-the-counter warming pads and cushions, or electric, reusable heating bags.
- Drink chamomile tea: Certain teas may calm menstrual cramps. Teas have been used traditionally and can offer relief from pain. Chamomile tea is one of the most effective teas among many others. It tends to increase the hippurate element in your body, which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Mitigating agents diminish the prostaglandin formation in the body, accordingly assisting in pain relief from menstrual cramps.
- Improve your diet: Vitamin D is vital in decreasing menstrual cramps. Decreasing your fat intake and eating more vegetables as a part of your diet may ease the pain. Low-fat food and less carbs help your health by and large, even as they can have an obvious impact on menstrual issues. Swap less solid fats like the saturated fats found in junk food, for more healthy ones like unsaturated fats found in olive oil. Getting more dietary magnesium appears to relieve the pain as well. Magnesium directs better nerve and muscle functioning, among other crucial functions.
- Massage with essential oils: Using certain sweet-smelling oils and massaging them can likewise soothe menstrual pain. Dilute lavender, clary sage, or marjoram to a three percent concentration in an unscented cream. The duration of pain can be lessened from two and a half to one day after self-massaging with these essential oils. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.