Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ganpat Jagannath SawantYour feedback matters!
Maybe you just want to slip into that dress you bought the other day, or maybe the waistline inches are increasing and need some taming. Whatever your reasons are, workout sessions are too difficult to keep up with, and the weight loss is just not happening. But what if you were told that you could lose 5 kilos in a month without trying at all?
Try these 4 extremely easy ways to lose 5 kilos in month, without really trying hard!
1. Drink Water: Water may not have miraculous properties that burn fat, but it can definitely help your weight loss efforts. Most of the people confuse thirst with hunger, when it’s actually your body’s way of telling you that it needs to be rehydrated. So consuming the standard 8-10 glasses can prevent you from reaching out for that untimely snack, which means less calorie intake. Consuming 500 ml of water half an hour before dinner every night can reduce up to 2.5 kilos or more, in a month!
2. Walk to your destination: The next time you step out of your home to go the ATM, the local supermarket or even the park, walk the distance. Daily walking for 30 minutes can burn up to 150 calories in a day. So in a matter of just three days, you can lose 500gms of weight from your body!
3. Sip on green tea: Green tea is rich caffeine and EGCG, both of which speed up your metabolism and increase the burning of fat by your body. Sipping on 3-4 cups a day of green tea can burn 100 calories, which would be equal to losing half a kilo in just 5 days.
4. Sniff on apples and peppermints: Yes sniffing on certain foods, like apples, bananas, peppermint, garlic and even olive oil can greatly help in weight loss. Dr. Alan R. Hirsch of Chicago, who is the founder of Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, tried his method of smelling food reduce weight loss with 3000 volunteers, and each of them lost an average of 13kgs! The reason behind this? Well apparently smelling food before having it can reduce your appetite so that you eat less, and lose more (weight that is).
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I had encounter std before, but treated, now I am planning to have baby, does it affect baby health, if yes, what I have to do before making baby.
I'm a 30-year-old female. I have irregular menses problem, I attained menopause at the age 11 ever since I have this problem. I consulted with gynecologist and they usually place me on pills for two months it will be regular then it will be irregular again. Two months back I consulted ayurvedic doctor he put me on some pills as I didnt got my periods for 4 months. After those pills I got periods but not stopped till now. I consulted the doctor again he gave some other pills but no use. My periods are thck-jelly not heavy but light. Please help.
I am 25 years old male. But l sex with my gf by unprotected. Before 1 month what will I do to prevent her pregnancy.
Hi iam 25 years old unmarried I have pcos. My doctor advised me to use naturogest 200 mg from 20th day of my period to 25 th day and to continue the process for three months (every month 5 naturogest 200 mg tablets for 3 months. I heard that it increases weight and also gives side effects. Already I had put on my weight due to pcos. At present iam using myonext and got this month period previously I use to find spotting in my period and irregular periods. Is myonext alone sufficient to get regular periods. As you mentioned in your previous answer to use contraceptive pill from 3rd cycle I did not understand this. Why should I use this pill i am an unmarried girl.
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.
I have my periods very regular within 26 or 28 days my last period data was 28/06/2016 butehen I check pregnancy strip at home on 31/07/2016 but it was negative .and I was also on high protein diet with zero carb .but what may be reason for no periods yet.
my wife has diagnosed with cyst in the ovary the size of the cyst is 6.3 cm. We are trying for the baby for last one year but she is not able to conceive. When we consulted doctor she gave the medicine to conceive, but when one more ultrasound is done. We found another cyst and the size of the previous cyst is increase. Now doctor is saying that it not harmful and to continue the medicine. She said that by the time my wife will conceive or her period will come, the new cyst will be removed and size of the old cyst will also decrease. If that will not happened then we have to go for operation. Can any one suggest on this.
My wife is pregnant doctor told that cervix is so small then need to do stitches is really necessary?
Hi my wife age us 25. She is in 17 weeks pregnant. Baby weight is only 190 g. Please advise this is worry able. Advice how she can increase baby weight.
I had sex without condom and I withdraw my penis while Cumming. She completed her periods 4 days before is there any chance of pregnancy?
I am feeling that I am suffering from STD. I had Sex with a lady without protection two times and now last Month I got skin rashes near my penis and I met doctor they told fungal infection and can you Pls suggest the symptoms of STD and suggest me what to do. I am very scared about this.
Every time after sex my wife fells uncomfortable, she fells burning sensation in her vagina, and fells pain. What should we do? My wife is pregnant for 4 month.
Ever been in a situation where a medicine you used to take regularly to deal with something, has suddenly stopped being effective? This is because of antibiotic resistance. This refers to the ability of bacteria to change their structure so as to resist the antibiotic. Thus, an illness that was once easily treatable is no longer affected by the same medicines and the bacteria causing the infection multiplies, thus worsening the condition.
How do bacteria develop antibiotic resistance?
When you take a drug, not all the bacteria present is affected equally. While some bacteria die out, others turn dormant. Repeated and improper use of antibiotics can lead multiplication of the dormant bacteria, which results in spreading of disease, instead of containing the same. One of the main causes of this is using strong antibiotics to treat minor viral illnesses.
What can you do to fight antibiotic resistance?
- Follow your prescription: When taking a course of antibiotics, it is also essential to complete the course and not leave it midway just because you are feeling better. Antibiotics are also most effective when taken regularly. Hence, avoid skipping a dose in your treatment. Doing this does not completely cure the infection, but increases the bacteria's resistance to the drug.
- Do not take someone else's medicine: Self medication can do more harm than good. Each drug attacks a particular combination of symptoms. Taking medication prescribed for someone else can increase the bacteria's resistance to antibiotics. It can also delay correct treatment, thus allowing your condition to worsen.
- Discard the leftover medication: When stored for a long period of time, medicines lose their potency. Thus if you were to take them later, they would be less effective against the bacteria.
- Do not take antibiotics for a viral infection: In any case, antibiotics to not address viruses and hence, the medicine will not have a beneficial effect on the virus. However, it can affect the bacteria present in your body by making it resistant to the drug.
- Do not use antibiotics for an extended duration: Use of antibiotic for treating issues such as acne can contribute to antibiotic resistance. If you must take any such medication, ensure that you are being cared for by a healthcare professional. Most doctors will suggest giving your body breaks between antibiotic courses when it comes to long term medication.
- Try natural remedies: Many common bacterial infections can be successfully treated naturally in their early stages. Aloe Vera, turmeric, garlic and tea tree oil are some of the natural cures for a range of bacterial infections. The biggest advantage of these natural cures is their lack of side effects.