Hello, everyone, i am Dr. Ganesh Avhad, consultant dermatologist and hair transplant surgeon based in Ghatkopar Mumbai. Here I will give you more information about hair transplant. Here we do hair transplant by the latest and advanced method called as bio stimulated follicular unit extraction. In this method, we use very minimum punches with the latest technology called as no routers technique, in which there will be no bleeding-minimal scarring, and there will be no downtime.
This is an office procedure done under local anesthesia so the patient can join the work on the very next day. And the results by this advanced method are excellent so there will be no complication and you can do your work on that day only. There will be no admission for the hair transplant, it is the very easy procedure and very advanced procedure.
So for more information about the hair transplant and about moving your causes of hair loss, you can contact me here on Lybrate. Thank you so much.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ganesh Avhad
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ganesh AvhadYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr.Ganesh ...sir i would like to thank you for helping me out. He has a vast knowledge of his field he is so polite and generous , and is always ready to help his patients , answered my each and every query. All i can say is One of the best Dermatologist i came across Thanking you
dr Ganesh Avhadis a very nice doctor. He is quick in tracking the problem and wastes no time. I took a treatment from him about my problem of acne and pimples. He can be consulted at Desire Clinic in Mumbai.
dr Ganesh Avhad is a very nice doctor and quick in his response. He never hesitates to advise his patients with the best he can. His clinic Desire Clinic in Mumbai has a very supportive staff.
I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to Dr Ganesh Avhad perfect advice. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but Dr Ganesh Avhad guided me to change my attitude. I saw Ganesh Avhad clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Desire Clinic is so nice. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair fall. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair loss. I was in too much pain because of hair loss, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. I am so much benefitted with Dr Ganesh Avhad treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. The overall cleanliness in the Desire Clinic was amazing. One of my neighbour's recommended this Ganesh Avhad. Ganesh Avhad has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. During the treatment, Dr Ganesh Avhad supported me a lot.
Not only Dr Ganesh Avhad is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. The overall outlook of the Desire Clinic was very nice. I feel so great after the completion of hair transplant treatment. With great ease he explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner.
Dr Ganesh Avhad is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The Desire Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. His advicefor hair growth has helped me immensely. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Ganesh Avhad. He helped me to get my hair back.
Finally with his laser hair treatment , I am completely cured from excessive unwanted hair. My boss referred me Dr Ganesh Avhad. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. The overall atmosphere in the Desire Clinic is very soothing. Ganesh Avhad has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I feel strange that I am suffering from pimples. The treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. As someone I knew, consulted Dr Ganesh Avhad and they referred us. Desire Clinic can handle all types of emergency cases.
Even though Dr Ganesh Avhad is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him for hair health treatment . The overall outlook of the Desire Clinic was very nice.Dr Ganesh Avhad gave me hair health treatment which ebenfitted me to a great extent.
Dr. Ganesh Avhad sir...it was the cool suggestion you have given...i will follow what sir said. Because i belongs to pune maharashtra, otherwise i would have consulted. I will definitely give feedback after tha laser therapy. Thank you very much
Dr.Yadvendra Singh Chaudhary
He is Kind Hearted and one doctor who gives u Very Sharp Diagnosis about ur skin and hair problem at ur first visit itself... U feel comfortable after consulting him.. Have Faith.. He is a Excellent Dermatologist.
Dr. Ganesh Avhad provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, well-reasoned and sensible. Dr. Ganesh is an expert doctor. He cured my skin problem which was prevailing since years.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ganesh Avhad to be very helpful. He is one of the best doctors who prescribes only required medicines. Will definitely find solutions to your problems.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ganesh Avhad to be helped me improve my health. Thanks a lot.. have seen result within a week.. marvelous result.. thank u once again
Excellent ..doctor is down to earth..answer all queries And suggest proper remedy for the problem
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ganesh Avhad to be very helpful. Thanku sir
Nice experience, very good medication prescribed.
Dr Ganesh is really helpful doctor thanks lot
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!
One interesting thing to know about actinomycosis is that the sort of bacteria which are responsible for it are almost always present in the human body. As a matter of fact, the bacteria are present and live in the linings of the mouth, the throat and the digestive system. In the case of women, it is also present in their vagina. Men fall prey to actinomycosis more than women. Also this disease is more common among adults.
There is nothing wrong or threatening at all when it comes to being a host to these bacteria, unless there is a cut in the body and they are given the ripe opportunity to enter the body to a deeper level. The condition of actinomycosis often lasts for a long time. But since it is not contagious, there is little need to worry about a transfer of actinomycosis from one person to another. This is due to the fact that the bacteria cannot survive outside the body as it is of the anaerobic type.
When a person has actinomycosis, some of the prominent symptoms include draining sores on the skin, coughing as well as chest pain. In addition to these, you may also notice lumps beginning to appear on the face of the affected person, a sudden weight loss, fatigue and fever. Sometime you may also see a few abscesses or scar tissues as symptoms to the disease.
Some of the preventive measures which one may take includes reduction in alcohol consumption, following healthy practises which also means following a regular diet routine, and avoiding any dental problems.
But even after all such precautionary steps, if you’re diagnosed with actinomycosis, antibiotics may become your best bet. Some of the popular ones which doctors prescribe to their patients are tetracycline and erythromycin. There are side effects to consuming these medicines as a person can have a rash or diarrhoea when these medicines are consumed.
Also the time required to treat actinomycosis is long. In fact, a person can expect it to be up to a year until he or she is completely cured. Depending on how bad the situation is, the lumps which are caused due to actinomycosis may also need to be removed through a surgery. However, before you decide to go for a treatment to cure actinomycosis, consult a qualified doctor and follow his / her advice.
If you are thinking of undergoing some skin rejuvenation treatment, you should consider collagen induction therapy. This therapy, also called medical skin needling, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that aims at reducing the apperance of wrinkles and fine lines on your face, and other parts of your body.
Who requires collagen induction therapy?
• Collagen induction therapy suits several types of skin, and it is carried out by people who want to improve their skin laxity, eliminate wrinkles, smoothen lines, and slow down the aging process.
• It is also ideal for improving your appearance, in the case of scarring.
Before the treatment
• Before undergoing this therapy, you should consult an experienced doctor to determine whether the treatment will suit you or not.
• You should also ask the doctor about the procedure, its complications, benefits, and other facts related to collagen induction therapy.
• The treatment involves the use of micro needles on a roller which is moved over your skin for creating evenly spaced puncture wounds.
• As a result of the process, the body’s natural collagen production gets stimulated by the generation of a wound healing response.
• The roller that is used is similar to a tattoo needle, and minimal trauma is caused during the creation of the puncture holes.
• Sometimes, local anesthesia is used for minimizing discomfort. The length of the needles on the roller varies and depends on how deep the needles have to penetrate into the skin.
• Your skin is damaged so that your body is encouraged to produce elastin and collagen, which helps in plumping up and thickening your skin.
• This procedure is performed on your body and face. It usually takes around an hour for the treatment to be undertaken, depending on the area that is being treated.
• After undertaking a collagen induction therapy, it is likely for your skin to be pink in color.
• Some mild bruising and bleeding are also seen, which depends on the length of the needle used for the treatment.
• It usually takes two to three days to recover after the procedure. It is recommended for you to undertake a series of 2 to 5 sittings for maximum benefits and ideal results.
• It may take around 4 to 8 weeks for you to observe the benefits. You should use cosmeceutical grade skin care at home for better and enhanced results.
The collagen induction therapy is designed for stimulating your body’s natural collagen production that helps in improving your skin in several ways. You should consult your doctor and let him decide whether you are fit for the procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With age, the skin begins to deteriorate and gradually lose its function and appearance. The underlying layers of collagen, which give it the firmness and elasticity begin to gradually break down, leading to sagging of the skin, dark spots and pigments, and dull, lusterless skin.
This causes cosmetic and psychological concerns, given that most people (especially women) become extremely conscious about these and want to avoid these ageing effects of skin. Over the past few decades, skin fillers and Botox have begun to play a major role in skin rejuvenation, especially from the various ageing effects.
Let us look at these two methods and how they have worked their magic around skin care.
Botox: The neurotoxin from botulinum A was actually used for treating muscular disorders to cause paralysis and prevent repeated twitching. However, it was later realised that the same effect could be used in skin to reduce ageing effects. Used commonly in the crow’s feet area, forehead and frown lines, the injected Botox causes paralysis of the underlying muscles.
This reduces the muscular activity and so the muscles relax and soften. This produces a younger looking appearance. In addition, these paralysed muscles also give some time for the elastin and collagen to recover.
The Botox injections are usually done in the outpatient setting and require about half an hour to an hour. The areas for injection are marked and after the procedure, the patient can go back to regular schedule, including working. It might require repeat injections, about 4 to 6 months later, depending on how well the skin responds and the expectations of the patients.
Fillers: Another routinely and commonly used way to manage wrinkles are the dermal fillers. The elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid in the skin are lost with age and these filler injections replace the lost substances in very quick time and thereby restore youthful skin quickly. Unlike Botox, the muscles are not touched. There is a loosening of the collagen and elastin, which produces loose skin and sagging. The fillers occupy the space left behind by the lost collagen and elastin and actually ‘fill’ up the extra available space. This gives a firmer, younger looking skin. The lines and creases are actually eliminated. They can also be used to produce thicker lips, lifting cheeks and plumping temples.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Chemical peels can improve the skin's appearance. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it "blister" and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands.
After the chemical peel treatment, the face looks fresher and smoother because the new skin is exposed. Chemical peels for face range from light to deep, depending on the skin type
Chemical peel benefits are numerous. It improves the appearance of the following:
- Fine lines in the under-eye area and around the lips
- Loose skin due to aging and sun damage
- Light scars, if any exist on face
- Skin tone
- Dark patches on skin caused by pregnancy
- Sun-related freckles and spots
- Skin Redness
However, the changes are transient and subsidise within hours.
What Does a Chemical Peel Do?
A chemical peel gets rid of imperfections on the face and neck, and makes wrinkles and acne scars less noticeable. It is not a question of do chemical peels work, but how well. One chemical peel session will not make the skin perfectly smooth; it will require several sessions to get the best results.
Before deciding to go for the treatment, it would be best to take time to understand and see what the chemical peel results will look like. The best way to do this is to consult with a good dermatologist and ask about what to expect.
If there is one thing for sure, chemical peel treatments are super effective at what they do.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The worst part about being diagnosed with chicken pox is that even after the virus leaves your body, your skin is still marked with scars from the blisters. Like any other scar, in most cases these scars fade with time but this process can be quite slow. Scars, especially those on your face can also affect your self confidence and image. Luckily, there are a number of ways to deal with scars and fasten the fading process.
Here are a few tips to help reduce scars caused by chickenpox:
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E not only helps hydrate the skin, but is rich in anti-oxidants that promote the production of collagen and protect the skin from free radicals and other impurities. Vitamin E can be found in foods such as almonds, spinach and papaya. They can also be consumed in form a capsule or used in form of oil. Including vitamin E rich foods in your diet or massaging the scars with vitamin E oil can work wonders in getting rid of scars.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is not only delicious, but also rich in nutrients essential for the skin and lauric acid and cytokines. This helps regulate cell growth in the skin and balances the pH levels. It also has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties that prevent breakouts. Along with drinking coconut water, you could also apply it directly on the affected areas to help speed the recovery process.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. This aids in collagen production and keeps the skin elastic and strong. It is also rich in alpha hydroxyl acids that help heal damaged skin. Lemon juice also has bleaching properties that help scars fade. Lemon juice can be diluted with water or applied directly on the skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is known for its anti oxidant and anti microbial properties. This can protect the skin from bacterial infection and help soothe and heal skin. Its anti inflammatory properties also help relieve itching and redness caused by chickenpox blisters. Aloe vera also boosts collagen production and moisturizes the skin. Aloe vera can be used by applying the gel within its leaves directly on the skin and allowing it to dry. This can be repeated 3 to 4 times a day for best results.
- Baking soda: Scarring in cases of chicken pox is caused by scratching the blisters to relieve irritation and itchiness. Baking soda helps prevent the formation of scars by soothing this irritation and exfoliating the skin. It also helps balance the pH levels of the skin. A paste of baking soda and water can be massaged onto the affected areas to remove dead skin cells and prevent scarring.
All the above mentioned remedies will help you get rid of the scars and give you a beautifully glowing skin. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What are dark circles?
Dark circles are shadowy patches under or around the eyes.This can make your face look aged, tired and discoloured. Dark circles may also be accompanied by puffy eyelids and redness of eyes.
What are the causes of dark circles?
- Emotional stress such as anxiety and depression
- Inadequate sleep, as a result of staying up too late or suffering from insomnia
- As a result of some prolonged sickness
- Excessive caffeine consumption
- Alcohol abuse
- Exposure and damage due to ultra violet radiation
- Drug abuse
- Not removing make up properly
- An unhealthy diet which lacks the necessary nutrients
- Melasma or hyperpigmentation
How can dark circles be removed naturally?
- It is important to get enough sleep. A minimum of 7-8hours of sleep should be sufficient to rejuvenate and replenish your body cells.
- Drink water. The optimum level of hydration helps to prevent dark circles and many other body disorders.
- A balanced diet helps to renew cell growth, repairs worn out tissues and slows down the ageing process.
- Light massage promotes blood flow and improves circulation.
- It is important to quit smoking and reduce alcohol consumption.
- A cold compress helps to rejuvenate tired eyes.
- Green teabags help to reduce the darkening around the eyes.
- Cucumber slices also help to remove dark eye circles.
What treatments are available for removing dark circles?
- Medicated eye creams especially, those containing retinol, azelaic acid, hyaluronic acid, hydroquinone and vitamin C
- Chemical peeling that is especially, directed at the area around the eyes
- Microdermabrasions a non-invasive non-chemical technique that makes use of a spray of micro-crystals in order to remove the superficial layer of dry and dead skin cells.
- Platelet rich plasma therapy is a new modality of treatment for under eye dark circles in which platelets separated from the patient’s own blood is injected in the area around the eyes, which then releases growth factors to give a more youthful appearance.
- Radiofrequency skin tightening.
- Fillers are often used to smoothen the skin, giving it a more youthful look.
- Carboxytherapy is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment. It makes use of injections which inject gaseous Carbon-dioxide into the skin’s subcutaneous tissues through a needle.
- Intense pulse light therapy (IPL) is a non-ablative and a non-invasive mode of treatment that uses high intensity waves (pulse) of visible light to improve problems such as age lines, wrinkles, freckles, age spots and other blemishes.
- Cheek lift sometimes corrects dark circles
For the complete treatment of dark circles, it is important that a holistic approach is taken towards finding out the cause and customizing the treatment plan.
Hair loss can affect just your scalp or your entire body. It can be the result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions or medications. Anyone — men, women and children — can experience hair loss.
Baldness typically refers to excessive hair loss from your scalp. Hereditary hair loss with age is the most common cause of baldness. Some people prefer to let their baldness run its course untreated and unhidden. Others may cover it up with hairstyles, makeup, hats or scarves. And still others choose one of the treatments available to prevent further hair loss and to restore growth.
Before pursuing any hair loss treatment, it is highly recommended to talk with your doctor about the cause of the hair loss and the best treatment options. Symptoms Hair loss can appear in many different ways, depending on what's causing it. It can come on suddenly or gradually and affect just your scalp or your whole body. Some types of hair loss are temporary, and others are permanent.
Signs and symptoms of hair loss may include:
- Gradual thinning on top of head.
- Circular or patchy bald spots.
- Sudden loosening of hair.
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp.
When to see a doctor
See your doctor if your child or you are distressed by hair loss and want to pursue treatment. Also, talk to your doctor if you notice sudden or patchy hair loss or more than usual hair loss when combing or washing your or your child's hair. Sudden hair loss can signal an underlying medical condition that requires treatment.
The exact cause of hair loss may not be fully understood, but it's usually related to one or more of the following factors:
- Family history (heredity)
- Hormonal changes
- Medical conditions
A number of factors can increase your risk of hair loss, including:
- Family history
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medical conditions, such as diabetes and lupus
- Stress Treatments and drugs
If your hair loss is caused by an underlying disease, treatment for that disease will be necessary. This may include drugs to reduce inflammation and suppress your immune system, such as prednisone. If a certain medication is causing the hair loss, your doctor may advise you to stop using it for at least three months.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): Minoxidil is an over-the-counter liquid or foam that you rub into your scalp twice a day to grow hair and to prevent further hair loss. It may be used by men and women.
- Finasteride (Propecia): This prescription drug is available only to men. It's taken daily in pill form. Many men taking finasteride experience a slowing of hair loss, and some may show some new hair growth. You need to keep taking it to retain benefits.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy: This is one of the latest treatments for hair loss and is especially good for patients who do not wish to go for surgery. In this, a sample of your blood is withdrawn from which platelets are separated using a centrifuge. These are then injected directly into the scalp. Platelets contain growth factors which promote the growth of new hair and reduce hair loss. This procedure requires multiple sittings over a period of 5 to 6 months. It is an outpatient procedure with no down time. You can resume your daily activities almost immediately.
In the most common type of permanent hair loss, only the top of the head is affected. Hair transplant or restoration surgery can make the most of the hair you have left. During this procedure, your surgeon removes tiny plugs of skin, each containing a few hairs, from the back or sides of your scalp. He or she then implants the plugs into the bald sections of your scalp. You may be asked to take a hair loss medication before and after surgery to improve results. Surgical procedures to treat baldness are expensive and can be painful.
Wigs and hairpieces
You may want to try a wig or a hairpiece as an alternative to medical treatment or if you don't respond to treatment. It can be used to cover either permanent or temporary hair loss. Quality, natural-looking wigs and hairpieces are available.
- Eat a nutritionally balanced diet.
- Avoid tight hairstyles, such as braids, buns or ponytails.
- Avoid compulsively twisting, rubbing or pulling your hair.
- Treat your hair gently when washing and brushing. A wide-toothed comb may help prevent pulling out hair.
- Avoid harsh treatments such as hot rollers, curling irons, hot oil treatments and permanents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
All of us have dealt with Acne at some point of time and especially at time when we needed it the least. Remember, the day before the presentation or your best friend's wedding. In order to get rid of acne, one needs to have clear skin as fast as possible. There are both natural methods as well as medicated methods using medicine and chemicals to treat it.
Once one has acne, one must keep their hair and hands away from acne, as the touching of acne will take the germs to the other exposed parts. Since acne is caused by oil and bacteria one must use an oil-free face wash which contains salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is anti-bacterial and helps removing away dead skin cells that can clog your pores.
- One should use hand held facial brush to decrease the skin leaving behind less oil and bacteria and thus, cleaning the clogged skin pores. Usage of oil-free foundation containing salicylic acid prevents base makeup from contributing to new pimples.
- When new pimples pop up, one must treat it with anti-inflammatory ingredient that blasts blemishes. If one has a bright red blemish, then one must use a hydrocortisone cream which helps relieve redness and inflammation.
- One can also reduce the swelling by holding an ice pack against the trouble spot and then use the hydrocortisone cream.
- One must not pick one's face in case of acne, as it will only result in a scar. If one already have a blemish wound, one must apply a hydroquinone-based cream to the area to help lighten the spot.
- Lemon juice is a natural astringent, which when applied directly on the acne, kills off the bacteria clogging the pores. It also has natural lightening powers that reduces the redness of acne.
- Tea tree oil reduces skin irritation and acne. One can coat the acne with some tea tree oil after washing the face twice daily for the best results.
- One must avoid milk, chocolates, sweets, desserts, cakes, fat and oil to prevent acne.
- The egg white help to get rid of acne fast and overnight. One should apply the egg white and apply to the acne before bedtime and leave it overnight. On washing the face with water next morning, one can see that acne has dried up.
- One can remove acne by putting little honey and leaving it overnight. Honey kills skin bacteria and makes the skin glow.
- Baking Soda is the most powerful method to get rid of acne. One should make a paste of a teaspoon of baking soda with water and put it on the acne. On washing the face after three hours, one can see that acne has dried up.
So, the next time when the acne pops up just before the occasion, just use any of these methods and get rid of acne in a jiffy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
PRP is a latest, state-of-the-art technology that employs non-surgical methods to stimulate hair growth in case of hair loss.Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How PRP works?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system
- Autologous (from patient's own blood)
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively
The Science of PRP
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
Who should not have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely! Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!