Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ganesh A.Your feedback matters!
Acne Vulgaris, commonly known as acne is a type of chronic skin condition which occurs when the hair follicles of the skin become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Characterized by blackheads, pimples, whiteheads and greasy skin, acne can also cause scarring. Typically, acne which cause pimples tend to develop on the back, chest, shoulders but mostly on the face and neck.
Causes and symptoms of pimple scars:
Although the actual cause of acne is uncertain, medical professionals have reason to believe that an increase in the level of androgen triggers pimples. On the other hand, scarring due to pimples are a result of the presence of inflamed lesions. Such inflamed lesions when gorged with surplus oil, bacteria and dead skin cells cause swelling and an eventual rupture in the follicle wall which leads to scarring. The extent of the scar has a direct relationship with the rupture. That is to say, the deeper the rupture, the bigger the scar.
In actuality, the formation of scars is involved in the normal healing process of the skin. The skin cells in order to mend the damage caused by the ruptured pimples, forms fresh collagen fibers which are fibrous proteins that impart flexibility and strength to the skin. The resultant repair which are very rarely smooth and unblemished are referred to as scars.
Treatment of pimple scars:
- Fractional Radiofrequency treatment is a highly effective method of reducing or removing pimple scars from skin. The radio frequency does not cause much damage to upper layers of skin, but effectively breaks down the scar tissue.
- Lasers are alternative and are little less painful. This treatment involves the use of skin resurfacing lasers.
- Fillers are another form of treatment which fill the indentations left remaining from dense pimple scars. Hardly any down time with this but are expensive in the long run.
- Scar reduction surgery is meant to minimize the scar so that it is more consistent with your surrounding skin tone and texture.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I have scars on my right cheek, whenever I got a pimple its just leaving a red spot please advice me something that help me in reducing that.
Hii doctor myself anurag shrivastav. I want to consult about hair fall problem. Give me best solution. Thanking you.
I'm 23 years old male. I'm having hair fall problem and I may go bald. I even have dandruff problem. Since last 2-3 months I'm applying coconut oil on my hair. I don't see any result though. Please tell me how can I reduce my hair fall? What oil should I use? I don't use shampoo. I use sheekha khai powder. 4 times a week I apply oil. Please tell me how can I reduce this problem?
I am 20 years old man I am getting so many pimples on my face and they are becoming dark spots on faceHow to prevent that pimples. Than uu.
I am 27 years old female. I have a problem of skin rashes and itching in private parts. What should I do.
I have so many pimples on my face and their marks. Its irritating. What to do? How to get rid of it?
Sir, how can I get my lost hair, is there regrowth possible, what's about hair plantations, is there any side effects? Advice me please.
Does wiesbadon 200 work for androgenic alopecia. Will it regrow hair in men I am taking acid flor 30, nat carb 30, thuja 30 and wiesbadon 200. Will my hair regrow.Please tell.
Hii sir, I mean suffered from acne please help My skin type is oily Pleshey help sir very grateful to you.
I am 18 years 8 months now. I don't have enough facial hair. Actually I don't have visible facial hair. It is very faint in colour. Is there anything I can do to grow my facial hair. I want some homeopathy suggestions, if any. Thank you.
I'm 20 years old. I have white hairs since 3 years. I haven't consulted a doctor yet. Can it be cured after so long? I m tensed much.
Sir, I am having brown streaks small & long on my arms, shoulders & back for the past 4/5 months. What could be the reason.
Hi all I'm having hair fall problem from last one year how to stop hair fall please help me . I'm using indulekha bringha oil but no result please help me.
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.