Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am 4 months pregnant and I am diagnosed wiyh low lying placenta. Please guide me with the precautions.
I am 23 years old and I had swelling on left labia majors and pain in inguinal region, please suggest some treatment, and I also feels that it is increasing please help.Please tell.
Hello doctor Doctor ne muje contriciptiv pills di thi. Name h GUSTO CARE kya ye helpful h. N in future baby planning me koi problem to nhi hogi na ye pills lene se. 2 month li h maine. But aage b continue rkhna chahti hu. But family kehti h jyada tablets lene se in future problem hoti h.
I just let my tip of the penis into my gf's vagina? Will she be pregnant? She didn't bleed at all. It was like for just 5 sec! First we had Anal sex and then this happened! Is she Virgin still? Will she be pregnant? We are just 16 years old. Please help me. If she ll be pregnant, how to prevent? And we used coconut oil as lubricant.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
There could be complications such as respiratory failure, respiratory arrest or congestive heart failure
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
- Probiotics and vaccination are available for certain infections such as URTIs, Adenoviruses and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Best prevention is to boost your immune system.
Hello Doctor Just wanted to know What to eat to get fair intelligent and healthy baby I'm 21 weeks pregnant? Please suggest?
Am 19 years old girl my breast size s large can I reduce that by taking any medicine. I feel very comfortable to go out is almost 34 in size and my weight is just 54 there s a vast difference between my breast and my body weight.
I want to do sex ,but I am helpless because I am unmarried. I am 22 year. How will I satisfied myself?
Ageing is always traumatic. One gets weaker, develops wrinkles and falls prey to degenerative changes and diseases. But cosmetic science has one or two useful tricks up its arm to make one's face look young and full, even when age is playing catch up-like cheek implants.
These are also ideal for thin-faced people looking to acquire a rounded facial profile.
Other Cosmetic Options For a Fuller Face:
We all know that there is a loss of fat, especially from the cheek area due to ageing. This leads to a flattening and hollowing out of this part with wrinkle folds also becoming very prominent.
Fat grafting where fat from the same patient is grafted under the skin in cheek area to give one a fuller looking face, injectable fillers and facelift, a surgery in which excess skin is cut off, tightening the face and rejuvenating it, are some of the options available.
However, fat grafting can distort facial features, fillers are temporary and face lift is a big surgery. Hence synthetic cheek implants using silicone are becoming very popular these days.
More About Cheek Implants:
Cheek implants vary widely not only in shape and style but also in the material with which they are made. Solid implants made of silicone and polyethene, like the ones which were used in breast augmentation, are quite popular today.
Cheek implant surgery usually takes about 30 to 45 minutes. A cut is made either inside the upper lip or through the lower eyelid. A pocket is formed here and the implant is inserted. This is held by muscles, stitches or natural screws.
The inside of the mouth is then stitched up.
The incidence of things going wrong are less but the downside of this procedure is that one may have to get cheek implants again and again based on one’s rate of ageing. Silicone is also not a completely safe material. One may also develop infections which require implant removal. Implant migration can also happen and will require a removal. Bone resorption (bone loss) has also been reported below solid facial implants.
Some cosmetic surgeons also opine that fat grafting gives a more natural-looking fullness to the cheek area than synthetic implants.
We advise that one tries out non-surgical options like injectible fillers first before going for cheek implants and consult a reputable surgeon.
Another thing to keep in mind is that one may have to go for cosmetic removal of under-eye hollows, jowls and nasolabial folds around the nose, along with silicone cheek implants. These 3 areas become more pronounced with age and it’s very important to focus on them first before getting implants. If this is not done, the face can take on a very artificial look.
Hi i am suffering from PCOD AND MIgraine. M using rizact-10 from migraine. Should I take rizact or not.
How to confirm pregnancy from home after one month of my missing period date and using mtp pills cause any side effects.
Soon after ovulation I have been experiencing pain in my legs and sensitivity in my breasts. Is ths possible pregnancy or jus PMS? How do I knw if im pregnant?
Contrary to all the negative reviews you have been perpetually receiving about coffee and its innumerable ill effects, latest studies have emerged with some good news for the world's most loved beverage. Now being hailed as the elixir of life, coffee is said to improve cell regeneration besides increasing immunity and stamina, thereby increasing life expectancy for compulsive caffeine addicts. That does not mean indulging in an indiscriminate drinking of coffee. The consumption must naturally be kept in check as well; the harmful side effects of drinking excess coffee still stand.
The fact that coffee is the most delicious beverage and preferred by young and old alike in all its forms and shapes, makes it even better.
- Coffee however is also endowed with the power to prevent certain chronic diseases that affect people in their advanced age- Parkinson's disease, Diabetes, prostate cancer, liver malfunction, even dementia and Alzheimer's.
- It also helps in easing movement problems common in old age. This is the primary reason why coffee enables you to lead a longer life.
- Another factor working in favor of coffee is its beans consist of some extremely useful elements, including antioxidants and antibacterial substances that help in fighting viral pathogens.
- Besides increasing life span, well up to hundred years of age, coffee is also reputed to decrease the risk of premature death in adults by a total of 8 percent. Drinking coffee regularly is therefore a good habit to inculcate for more than one reason.
Usually coffee drinkers are also smokers. If you want to reap the full benefits of coffee, you must quit smoking and use of other harmful substances. This is because people addicted to nicotine and tobacco tend to develop serious disorders with age, which disable them from enjoying a longer life span.
Coffee also helps to keep weight in check thereby keeping diseases associated with excessive body weight at bay.