Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- It is an individualized treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Good afternoon sir, I am 21 year old my height is 4.11 my weight is 44 kgs before 5 months my weight is 48 I reduced by 4kgs I had gall bladder surgery 2 years back I have pcod problem, egg production also not there this is my problem please suggest me.
Pls help me, I'm 8months pregnant. From 2days I noticed that I have blackish stool. What is this! Is this normal? Pls help!
Am in 20th week of pregnancy.Im having a frequent headaches , cold,dry cough, what medication I could take at home , please advice.
Hey doctor my name is nina im 20 years only I got pregnant last month and took abortion pill I was bleeding for 30 days and then it stooped for 10 days but after 10 days it started again I want to ask are the my normal periods or there is some complication occurred in my abortion?
I have right overy period cyst problems and I was operated in 2013. I'm taking meftal spas tablet during pain but after taking that my bleeding flow goes slow & if m not taking tablet or injections than bleeding flow was ok. From dec'15 m taking pills which was prescribed by my doctor (21 day). Bcz of pain I got so much weak by health, from oct'15 to till I have lost 5 kg weight and the reason only my period pain. I'm suffering in so much pain during period. Pls give me solution.
Hi I am 27 year old 5 months pregnant. So I want to ask ask if I controlling my hunger will it affect my baby or no second I have problem or acidity and synus so care I have to take. Also there is so much of heat ib my body. My all report s are normal.
I am 31 yrs, 8 months pregnant. I hav a boil near my vagina lips. I find it difficult to sit down. Please guide me what are the remedies for it. Is it common during pregnancy? Will it go away on its own?
Hi. I am staying at Ahmedabad. I have to travel to goa by flight this Sunday. But today morning I came to know that I'm pregnant. My LPD is 8th June. I just tested on prega news kit and it's positive. Is there any problem in travelling from Ahmedabad to Goa by flight? Is it safe to go for 2 hours journey during pregnancy?
पूरा प्रोटीन ना होने के कारण संक्रमणों के खिलाफ प्रतिरोध में कमी, घाव भरने में देरी और बीमारियों से ठीक होने मे देरी हो सकती है। आहार में पर्याप्त प्रोटीन्स के बिना एंटीबाॅडीज़ का निमार्ण नहीं हो पाता और रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता कम हो जाती है।
जब हमारे शरीर में प्रोटीन की कमी होती है तो हम नॉन नूट्रिशनल और अन्हेल्थी खाने की तरफ भागते हैं। इन खाद्य पदार्थों में शकर की मात्रा ज्यादा होती है, जिसे कैंडी, चॉकलेट, पास्ता, चिप्स, और कोल्ड ड्रिंक्स। अगर आपको इन सब खाद्य पदार्थों को खाने का मन हो रहा है तो आपके अंदर प्रोटीन की कमी है।
अधिक जानकारी के लिए ssohm सर्च करे!
I made out with my boyfriend on 6th November that was not proper penetration though his penis just touched my hymen and it pained and he withrawed that iIdon't think so that it could br called sex! Maybe afterwards he cummed on me. I didn't have my periods fir this month. Are there any pregnancy chances?
Hi, I'm 28 years old. Post pregnancy I increased my weight tremendously. I want to loose 10 kgs suffering with tsh and PCOD, How can I do this?
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"