Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.N. PawarYour feedback matters!
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My wife got her periods last month 23rd. Again today she got periods. This is the first time she got periods with in 15 days. What is reason ? What to be done?
I have posted my question several times but still didn't get a proper answer. I am 29 years old having hypothyroidism. But my tag is under control. My lower pelvic ultrasound scan was ok. I had irregular periods as I was diagnosed with thyroid 2 years back. But my periods became normal since January this year. But from July 24 again I am not having periods. Can you help me Regularly I am exercising also. Please help me out.
Heavy pain in stomach n back during dates. Is it safe to take meftal (medicine) once in two or three month.
My usg report impression is GRAVID UTERUS containing GESTATIONAL SAC WITHOUT ANY FETAL POLE INSIDE OF APP. 9 WEEKS 1 DAY WITH HISTORY OF? POLYCYSTIC ovarian DISEASE. KINDLY ADVICE ME WHAT IS THE position OF MY pregnancy?
Am now 33 weeks of pregnant which week can I take up a scan? Do I ve to take another blood test please advise.
It can also be triggered or made worse due to gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd), irritable bowel syndrome, stress or anxiety, obesity, ulcers, stomach infection, thyroid disease, smoking and certain medications.
Some symptoms of indigestion are bloating, gas, growling stomach, abdominal pain, burning sensation in the upper abdomen, acidic taste and vomiting.
You can easily get relief from indigestion symptoms using ingredients from your pantry. For instance, sipping a little water at the first sign of indigestion can give you some relief as it helps increase the gastric ph.
Morning urine today one yellow or pink color discharge are came what is happening to me doctor tell me.
I am suffering from pcod for last 2 years. And my weight has been abnormally increasing. How much ever I do exercise and dieting my weight nt getting controlled. My weight at present os now 78 kgs and my height is just 5: 2. So pls help how to reduce my weight. At present I am not using any medicines for pcod.
Me an my gf have an unprotected sex but I am quit sure I didn't cum inside her it WS jus foreplay but not sure abo precum so I gv her ipill with in 6 days she got withdrawal bleed but just light. We hv unprotected sex on the 10 th of last month she WS exp her periods on 25 of that month but on 16th she HV withdrawal bleed an after that she had her regular periods following to withdrawal bleed its been month since she is now having abdomen pain an yellowish urine. Is it possible she is pregnant can abdomen pain relate to pregnancy. She is rt now on college trip an it might be infection due to unhygienic food can it be so air can she be pregnant please help.
I have menstruation problem. Every time I have my periods after a gap of 7 or 8 months. I have also done ayurvedic treatment but it is nt cured.
Hello, doctor I am 23 yrs old with 157cm height and 60 kgs weight, since my menarchy my menstrual cycle is not regular and I get only twice in a year I regularly do abdominal exercises and work up like walking but I am gaining weight and my abdomen is growing day by day. Please do help me.
Hi doctor I am 24 years Girl. Last time when met with my friend we were going to have sex but we did not because my boyfriend had no condom so we just remove our clothes. He just rubbed my vagina. and it becomes wet. He just rubbed his penis with my vagina. Not more than anything. 1 day before my periods have been finished. Now it's about 6 days in which these days I am getting pain in my legs and back like I am having my periods. And my vagina also gets wet. Any time. Please suggest me something really fast what is it? Why it is happening because till that my vagina haven't got wet.
Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity.
The various symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
- You may experience low libido
- You may have ejaculation disorders
- Impaired sense of smell
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- Your sperm count may be low
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- Infection: Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis, which causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Varicocele: This condition is characterized by swelling of the veins that are connected to the testicle. This condition is known to change the normal temperature of the testicles, thus leading to complications in sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalances: Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Problems in sexual intercourse: Problems such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation are reasons why you may have infertility.
- Medications: Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus reduce your fertility.
- Radiation exposure: If you have been exposed to radiation such as x-rays, your sperm production may be impaired, thus causing infertility. However, this condition can be reversed if you are no longer exposed to the radiation.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking: Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
- Obesity: If you are overweight, then it's time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
I am getting my periods regularly, it has been 10 days and getting non-stop blood. What should I do?
Can std be passed through oral sex even though there is no wound/cut or bleeding in either partner's genital or mouth? Because I have heard that for STD's transmission there needs to be a source via which the Bacterias/ viruses can directly enter the blood stream. Please clear this doubt.
It has wonderful cancer fighting properties. It is rich inantioxidant content and helps to boost your metabolism, weight loss and also in maintaining weight.
Oranges are the great source of vitamin c, antioxidants, folic acid and anticancer compounds.
Studies have shown that dark chocolate lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. It is natural mood boosting anti - depressant.
It provide protection against cancer if cooked rather than taken raw. They protect you against lung, stomach, bladder and prostate and skin cancer and of course heart disease.
It boosts immune system and provides protection against cancer. It prevents nausea, diarrhoea, constipation as well as bloating.
Walnuts are very beneficials for health. They contain plenty of muscle building protein and prevent heart diseases.
Eggs provide vitamin a, b12 and protein. It helps to build muscles, burn fat and fight obesity.
Apple reduce the risk of heart disease.
It protect you from heart disease. This controls bad cholesterol levels in your body while increasing the good cholesterol level. It is great souce of antioxidants.
It is one of the most powerful healing spices. It controls blood sugar in diabetics.