Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. G H TilveYour feedback matters!
Sir my mom suffering knee bone joint pain since one month she is 50 years old please suggest medication.
I am having rheumatoid arthritis from last 10 years. My age is just 31, certain deformities have developed in my hands. Is there any medicine to reverse the deformities.
Hello sir I am having a regular habit of breaking sounds from my bones from my fingers knee and back bone by which I feel relax. Is this Thing will be harmful for me in future Pl answer me so that I can stop doing this thing.
I am 42 years old male, had a gout attack some 3 months ago. I was taking goutnil and feburic 40 mg tablets as advised by my doctor. At present I am taking only feburic 40 mg only once daily. I am complete vegeterian. What is the permanent solution?
I am 53 years old male man .for last 4 months I am feeling pain in my right knee. Particularly during the folding posture. In spite of taking pain killer I am not relieved of the pain .please advise.
Hey, my mother is a knee pain patient (40 yrs) In order to reduce the body weight We are going to buy an exercise machine. Please guide us the best .which suits all.
I am taking roseday 20, metolar xr 25 and deplatt A 75 that medicine reason of constipation, hard in remember, insomnia and laziness. I got first heart blockage at the age of 23 now I 25 and medicine still continue. No stent insert in my heart, just cleared the blockage and I am on medicine.
My pre pregnancy weight was 50 kgs and now I am 65 kgs. I have a 5 months old baby. My weight isn't shedding plus suddenly my knees pain alot when I go to bed and my back as well. I have no uric acid, sugar, pressure problem then what is the cause of the pain. The whole day I feel no pain. Please let me know what should be done.
Can I bend my knee after 3 weeks of arthroscopy and if I can than how many degrees? Please tell because I am very nervous about my knee.
How to get rid of knee pains / leg pains in women I am 25 years old. I am pregnant now. What are the precautions to be taken and tell me some home remedies.
I have fibromyalgia from 3 years with improvement I want to join gym. Should fibromyalgia increase by doing gym exercise?
I have my legs bent inside, knocked knees. I am facing problem in walking as it looks like I am walking in some odd style. Please give me some suggestion to correct my knocked knees.
I am 43 years, often feel a problem with my left side knee joint pain and sometime on waist back side also. Please help ! Thanks in advance. R.K.Samanta.
I'm female, Case of rheumatic arthritis. Suffering for the last 5 years. Taking medication as and when paining. My ESR always shows 50. Is it harmful or can be ignored. Pl. Suggest remedies.
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My mother aged 65 years has severe arthritis of both knees, should she get both knees replaced in one sitting?
You should do both knees in one sitting if the severity is same in both the knees and the patient is unable to differentiate the painful knee. In case the patient says one knee is more painful than address one knee at a lime. Your own knee is always the best till it lasts.
What are the advantages of doing both the knees in one sitting?
- Exposure to the risk of anaesthesia reduced to only once
- Aids simultaneous rehabilitation especially in severely deformed knees
- Bilateralprocedure reduces cost
- Earlier return to baseline function and convenience for the patient and relatives
- Shorter cumulative hospital stays
What are the risks associated with bilateral Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and are there any studies to support the same?
The risks of cardiac and infection related complications for bilateral TKR are lower than the combined risk of two unilateral TKRs. A population-based comparison of the incidence of adverse outcomes after simultaneous-bilateral and staged-Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty published in The Journal of Bone And Joint Surgery.
Result: Records were available for 11.445 simultaneous-bilateral arthroplasty Procedures and 23.715 staged-bilateral procedures.
Conclusions: Simultaneous-bilateral total knee arthroplasty was associated with clinically important reduction in the incidence of infection and malfunction within one year after arthroplasty.
What is the latest Technology available which could help improve surgical outcomes?
Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: A knee with your name on it i.e. customized specifically based on your dimensions.
Understanding Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: You are unique and so is your individual anatomy and thus lack of accuracy leads to discomfort and even further corrective surgeries That is why Custom Fit Knee replacement surgery, which utilizes MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) technology to create personalized positioning guides for total Knee replacement is recommended.
Practical Benefits Of Custom Fit Knee Replacement
- MRI of the affected knee is done based on which we can make a customized jig for better fitting of the implant for the patients
- No intra medullary instruments so minimal chances of fat embolism
- Minimally Invasive (just a 4-5 inch incision)
- Improves the speed of the operation theater time (40% reduced surgical time)
- Increases implant inventory efficiency (know sizing)
- Faster recovery of the patient
- Perfect patient alignment thus better mobilization
What is the role of body exhaust 'space' suits in Bilateral TKR?
- 'Space' suits maintain a more sterile environment and offer more mobility to the surgeons.
- Space suits are used to help reduce contamination from the operating teams from entering the wounds.
- The impure air exhaled by the operating team is pushed down by the rotating fan in the helmet of space suits and absorbed by the laminar air flow in the 0.T.