Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Frankel
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. FrankelYour feedback matters!
My daughter is passing watery stool from yesterday. Till now 4 times. What to do because of this rashes are visible.
She has 16 month old now. But all physically developments late. I mean physically well. But they happened few day ya month later. Can you help me?
I have 2 year old girl kid. For past few months her neck underarms thighs are getting dark. Kindly assist me regarding this.
I am 16years old. In winter season I suffer from cold and cough and it takes more than two weeks to cure. What should I do?
Hi Dr, accidentally I gave xylometazoline hydrochloride n sorbitol nasal spray prally to my daughter who is just 8 month old. Is it harmful?
My baby birth weight 3.250 now 4 month old still weight 5.12 only how to increase the baby weight breastfeeding some time formula milk giving.
Hi I have 9 months old baby girl, she doesn't sleep well from birth, we consulted many doctors they are all said keep baby playing at day time try to sleep at night time we tried that too she never sleep at day and mostly at night, one of my family friend doctors suggest to give PHENERGAN 10 mg tonic to baby girl but I afraid to give that to my daughter, is it safe? And pls suggest good solution to solve this sleeping problem.
My baby was prematurely born on the 33rd week. She is now 4 months old and weighs 5.1 kg now. She is exclusively breastfed, but for a few days now I noticed a drop in my breast milk supply. When I consulted the paediatrician he advised to give NAN stage 1. I fed her nan twice a day, but after feeding her formula milk she's either vomiting or passing stool in green color. While breastfeeding she used to pass motion once in 5-6 days, but while feeding formula she's passing motion 2-3 times a day and its greenish. Should the change in the colour of stool be a cause of worry? Otherwise she's very active, no signs of any pain or discomfort. Please advise.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.