Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ForamYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my bf. after 26 hrs took unwanted 72' my periods date was 28 feb. But still I am not in periods. I have done pregnancy test its negative. Pls advice some medicine to induce periods immediate.
Did sex on 26th may, it was unprotected and he ejaculate outside, we used withdrawal method. But for safety I took pill with in 5 hrs. And then I got periods on 2nd June and it was a normal period lasted for 5 days but I missed my periods in July and I am not even getting my periods this month. I've done pregnancy test thrice but it showed negative every time. What should I do? Am I pregnant? Or there is some other reason? Do I need to take some medicine?
I went for TB PCR test but another gync is recommending for MTBC test. Since I am trying to conceive I underwent TB PCR. What is the difference between the two and which is the best and why. I am very confused. Please help.
Hi doctor, I want to know that my wife is with b negative blood group and I am o positive and we both are planning for baby. Does it cause any complication for the baby or for the mother. She would be able to conceive baby or not. Pls reply.
In order to prevent HIV infection and AIDS immunocompromised, you need to have a good explanation and prophylactic referral information. Therefore, it is very important advice and explanation about AIDS. Although AIDS has been known for almost 30 years, the population is still large gaps on the subject, especially in relation to knowledge and the risks of HIV transmission. Relationships with adults infected with HIV is transmitted through blood, semen, and vaginal secretions . However, infection with the spread of airborne pathogens is not possible, as in the case of cold diseases.Therefore, the risk of infection by treatment with AIDS or infected with HIV is very low: Social contact in both work and personal lives, as handshakes, hugs and the like, is completely harmless. The same goes to say for the common use of cutlery, crockery, glasses, toilets or towels, also harmless. There is no evidence of increased risk of infection for people who share the same home or the patient environment. However, some precautions should always be taken into account, for example, do not share the toothbrush or razor, because in the case of injury to perform these functions there may be a small risk of infection. Intimate relationships hide itself a risk of infection, regardless of whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. The fundamental basis for reliable protection against HIV infection and AIDS remains the consistent use of condoms, that is, the safer sex . Safe sex: condoms protectThe basic rules for having a sex safe are blood, semen or vaginal secretions must not reach wounds or open areas of skin or mucosa of sexual partner. Therefore, it is important to use condoms , both anal and vaginal . No condoms, the risk of infection is high, since during intercourse always small lesions can occur. In the case of oral sex is important to prevent both sperm and vaginal secretions come in contact with the oral mucosa, lips or tongue of the couple. If these precautions are taken into account, they can keep sex without any problems. Add that kissing is also harmless. The condom is a widely used method of contraception among young people today. In a 2010 survey singles between 16 and 44 years, only one in ten said physical strength to use condoms; in 1989, the ratio was one in five respondents. This greater acceptance brings added one more advantage is that more and more people are protected and protect others from infection with HIV and other STDs. In 2009, seven out of ten respondents from a group between 16 and 20 years said carrying condoms. Among sexually active people, this increases even eight out of ten. More important than having the intention of having a practice safe sex is really using condoms. Between 2004 and 2009 amounted proportion (61 to 70%) of sexually active people (between 16 and 20 years) who always or very often used condoms. But also in the new relations plays an important role on safe sex : in 2010, 85% of men and 89% of women used condoms at the beginning of a new relationship.
Hai am 26 I took corion injection but there is no ovulation then doctor gave me tablet to get period but it doesn' t come what should I do.
My wife's (29y) menstrual period has begun after a gap of 2 months. Now firstly, that itself is a problem And whenever it is this time of the month, I can see her struggling with pain in her lower abdomen. 1) What can be done to reduce the pain that she endures every month, and 2) What is the reason for such a delayed period?
I am 24 and I am pregnant snd I would like to know the sleeping position from four months to nine months.
Dear Doctor, 23 week pregnant now, it's thru IVF EXPECTED EDD: 9/4/17 TAKING ONLY FOLVITE, OROFER XT, shelcal OS, rantac. Gained weight from 65 kg to 75 kg during this pregnancy period of 5M3 weeks. Is it problem, if it's so, let me know the things, I can do, to maintain or avoid more weight gain.
Menstruation is a reality of life for women. There are several options like pads, tampons, menstrual cups and panty liners to deal with menstruation. However, there is often a comparison between pads and tampons - as to which one is a better option. Here is an insight to guide you to what's better for you that also ensures your good vaginal health.
Pads have been occupying the most favorite position among women since a long time and it's the best option if you have just started your period. Tampons are discreet and are the best option for swimmers and athletes as it allows greater freedom of movement. Both have been proven to provide efficient period protection but it really depends on your preference and comfort with a particular product.
Size and fragrance
Both pads and tampons come in various shapes and sizes suiting everyone's preferences. There are large, extra large and even pads with wings to cope with the intensity of flow. Both the products have fragrant variations to combat the pungent period smell.
Impact on vaginal health
The vaginal area harbors microorganisms which are needed to maintain its PH balance. Pads do not affect the PH level but the fragrance can cause irritation which is present in both the products. Pads and Tampons should be changed at regular intervals to avoid leakage or
infection. Pads do not have harmful effects on your vaginal health generally if you are not
allergic to the material which can cause skin rash. The impact of tampons on the vaginal health is a controversial topic.
Many studies show that tampons contain many chemicals to make them super absorbent, which are harmful. Small traces of dioxin are found which influences the reproductive tissue and immune system. Tampons have a tendency of absorbing everything including the microorganisms needed in the vagina to maintain its PH level.
Both tampons and pads have some impact on the vaginal health, but which one you choose really depends on your preference. It is advised to oversee their compatibility with the vaginal area before committing to any of them.
Hi, I am Ms. Vamsy got married since4 months unable to conceive. I am 28 and my husband is 36 yrs old May I know the reason please? 1. I have frequent urination but no diabetes. I always drink water 2. During intercourse there is white discharge every time no fishy smell, but it happens even before periods and after periods.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI (Urinary Tract Infections) occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What you will find here
What is this condition?
Why do your ears get blocked in an Aeroplane?
Who is more likely to get Aeroplane Ear?
What can you do during the flight to prevent blocked ear?
How can you prevent very young children from getting aeroplane ear?
How can you unblock your ears after the Flight?
When should you visit a Doctor?
What is Aeroplane Ear?
Pain in the ear, popping ear, blocked ear during air travel is the most common medical problem faced by flyers. Aeroplane ear is the better known name for Barotitis media or Aerotitis media. Aeroplane ear or Barotitis media is the condition where there occurs damage to the ear due to difficulty in adjustment of the air pressure between Middle ear and External ear
Why do your ears get blocked in an Aeroplane?
I have to go into a bit of physics for a proper explanation. Please excuse the science Lecture! As you know according to Boyle’s Law : The pressure and the volume of an enclosed mass o gas are inversely proportional. When the plane rises in the air, there is a progressive decrease in air/atmospheric pressure. Basically at 18,000 ft above sea level, the air pressure is half that at sea level.During the rise through the atmosphere , as the pressure falls ,a particular mass of air in an elastic structure expands .Similarly during descent, the air contracts and the volume of cash decreases.
So what happens in the ear during Flying?
Imagine your ear is made up of 3 rooms.The outermost part of the ear which connects the entryway with the other rooms is the external ear.This is the part involving your ear canal. The ear drum separates your external ear from the middle ear, where the small bones (malleus, incus, stapes), which help transmit sound live.The ear drum is somewhat flexible and can move with change in volume of air in the middle ear. Two windows oval window (covered by stapes footplate) and round window (covered by round window membrane) connect your middle ear and the inner ear.
The inner ear has your hearing and balance apparatus It’s called the labyrinth. A tube connects your middle ear with the part of your oral cavity behind the nose (nasopharynx) .It’s called the Eustachian tube.Easily the most important structure which helps keep up the normal air volume inside your middle ear. It’s through your Eustachian tube that air enters or exits to equalise air pressure between outside atmosphere and your middle ear.
What happens during Ascent?
Air pressure outside falls. Middle ear pressure falls. Air in your middle ear expands (following Boyle law) This excess air pushes the tympanic membrane outwards to its natural limit.This is normally followed by escape of air through your Eustachian tube. Movement of the ear drum may be restricted due to scarring (previous infection).This may cause ear pain during ascent.
What happens during Descent?
Air pressure outside rises. Middle ear pressure rises. Air in your middle contracts and volume decreases (Boyle law). The ear drum moves inwards. (retraction). The opening of your Eustachian tube must be opened to allow air from the nasopharynx to enter and adjust the volume.The Eustachian tube will open with swallowing movement. If this mechanism fails (if you fall asleep, or have a cold), or is delayed, the increasing pressure difference closes the naspharyngeal end of Eustachian tube.When the pressure difference is more than 90 mm,Hg, your tubal dilator muscles are unable to open the Eustachian tube and it stays locked.The ear then feels blocked.
Barotrauma occurs during flying due to:
1) Very rapid air pressure changes.Sudden ascent/descent. 2) Blocked Eustachian tube.
It may also occur in:
Hyperbaric oxygen chamber
Decompression and compression chambers
Who is more likely to get Aeroplane Ear?
Anybody who has some nasal or Nasopharyngeal problem which blocks the Eustachian tube.
Acute infection in the nose.
Chronic infection in the nose
Malformation of nose
Sleeping during ascent or descent
Small narrow Eustachian tube; infants toddlers.
How will you know whether you are developing aeroplane ear?
Symptoms ( most common)
Discomfort in the ear
Ear Muffled hearing
Blocked ear/fullness of ear
Excruciating pain in ear
Severely blocked ear
Ringing, buzzing sound in ear (Tinnitus)
Severe Hearing loss
Spinning sensation (Vertigo)
Bleeding from ear
If you have any of the severe problems.Or if the symptoms persist even after …..hours “check..
What will your doctor See?
An ENT surgeon may do an otoscopic examinations to see your ear drum.
Signs on otoscopy:
Invaginated/retracted ear drum
Congested ear drum
Solitary or multiple blood filled blisters on your ear drum
Signs of serous otitis media
Ruptured ear drum, with blood clot.
Otoendoscopy may also be done where you will also be able to see these findings along with your doctor.
Are there any long term complications ?
Rarely the ringing sound in ear or tinnitus may be permanent.
If inner ear barotrauma occurs hearing loss may not improve
What other tests can you do?
Pure tone audiometry; to check your hearing and rule out inner ear barotrauma Tympanometry:To check the air pressure in the middle ear.and find out if there is any fluid.
Aeroplane ear:How to prevent it during flights
Don’t fall asleep during flying, specially during ascent or descent.
Avoid flying if you are having a severe cold.If emergency then use a Nasal decongestant spray just before takeoff and landing.Also take a decongestant orally, before getting on the .Dont use over the counter sprays .They may cause even more problem in the long run.
Take plenty of chewing gum so that you can actively help in Eustachian tube opening during flight.The chewing and swallowing movement helps to open Eustachian tube.
Try Valsalva maneuvre.This is a pressure equalizing technique which helps to pop the ear.You can try this if repeated swallowing and yawning doesn’t help.
Pinch your nostril, take a mouthful of air,close your mouth and try to gently direct the air into the back of your nose.Imagine you are trying to blow your nose gently. You should feel a pressure buildup.But do not let the air out.If you hear a pop you will know the ear is unblocked.
What can young children do to prevent aeroplane ear?
Very young children have difficulty during fflying.Often you will find them irritable crabby , pulling at their ears and may also cry incessantly. This is because the Eustachian tube in infants and very young children are not mature enough to handle the extreme change in pressure.
But you can help them too.
Dont let them fall asleep.
Play with them.
Carry a few pacifiers so that the suck and swallow reflex constantly works.
Talk to your baby doctor whether a decongestant oral medicine is advice able for your child.
A plain saline nasal drop given just before take off and landing helps to increase the swallowing movement and equalise pressure effectively.
What can you do to unblock the ear post flight?
Continue the Valsalva maneuvre/pressure equalizing technique
Normally it’s self healing and gets better within a few hours to few days.
If symptoms are uncomfortable and persists , or the ear doesn’t pop you should visit a doctor specialised in ear diseases
If your nose is blocked , avoid forceful nose blowing and take steam through your nose.This helps to relieve nasal congestion and open up the Eustachian tube.
What your doctor may advice?
Nasal spray; decongestants/steroids
Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs for relieving pain
Once medication have improved Eustachian tube function Valsalva maneuver helps to force open the blocked tube.. Surgery is rarely needed.
If fluid in the middle ear persists even after 3 months myringotomy (incision in the ear drum) is done to drain the fluid.
If the perforation in ear drum does not improve after 3 months tympanoplasty to repair the ear drum may be needed. I hope next time you are flying you will be carrying some chewing gum or hard candy with you.
Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below to let me know how your ears fared this time.
Hi. I am 25 year girl and had unprotected sex. Within 24 hours I took i-pill. In 5-6 days my menstrual period was about to come and I had menstrual cramps also in these days but had bleeding very less (2-3) drops. After that no bleeding happened. Kindly tell me what should have happened? and send suggestions.
We did 1st time sex on 20 April, she took an ipill within 2 hours. She got her period on 17 may. Then we did sex on 20th June and she took an ipill within 2 hours. She got light bleeding on 26th for 3 days. She got her normal period on 26 June. She also done UPT after 45 days of sex, it comes negative. But she is noticing that her breast size has increased. But She Is not having her periods till now. She had her last period on 26th June. What to do now?
Hello sir I have a question regarding my menstrual cycle. Me and my boyfriend had sex without protective measures but never had the last moment withdrawal or nor he did it inside but the problem is my cycle is late by 10 days. One more thing is I had consult a dermatologist who gave me a tablet for which she said if you are having this tablet means you will have problem with pregnancy. And I had tablets for allergy also. Will it be because of tablets or pregnancy.
A dietary pill in simple words is a supplement which contains chemical substances and nutrients that help your body in some way or the other. A dietary pill can efficiently act as a substitute for other food products and can also provide a sustainable balance to your routine nutrient intake of the body.
Here are some of the benefits of diet pills which you should know about:
1. Improved metabolism - The most important characteristic of a diet pill is that it helps in increasing the metabolism of the body which in turn results in losing fat rapidly.
2. Lowers the acid-alkali levels - Overweight and obese people are more likely to have unbalanced levels of acid and alkali. Thus, taking diet pills would not only help in reducing weight but also getting rid of the excess acid.
3. Lowers your appetite - Consuming diet pills help in suppressing your hunger. It makes you feel full. Therefore, you can avoid consumption of extra food when you don't need to eat.
4. Breaks down fat - Taking FDA-approved diet pills would help in getting rid of fat in a much easier and faster way. In such a case, you won't require going to the gym anymore.
5. Boosts energy levels - Taking diet pills help in increasing your energy. It makes your everyday tasks and chores much easier and quicker. It reduces depression and increases physical activities, which in turn helps in reducing weight.
6. Improves cardiovascular health - Your cardiovascular health depends on your weight. If you are obese or over-weight, you have high chances of suffering from a heart attack. Therefore, taking diet pills would indirectly improve your cardiovascular health because loss of weight would mean reduced pressure on the heart to pump more blood.
I am 39 male diagnosed sugar taking glynase mg 500mg morning and 500mg night fbs 100-120 after meals 160 taking infertility treatment suggest good medicines.
For some women, having their own children is not as easy as it seems. Suffering from more than two or more miscarriages is known as recurrent miscarriage. This experience affects every aspect of a woman’s life from her mental and emotional health to her physical health and social well-being.
It is important for a woman undergoing this experience to keep in mind that she can still give birth to a healthy baby even after recurrent miscarriages.
- Look after your health: Miscarriages are not very uncommon and in many instances are a result of the woman’s body not being able to take the strain if a growing fetus. Hence, pay attention to your health to prepare your body for future pregnancies. Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine and exposure to toxins that can cause fertility problems. Eat healthy food and start taking a multivitamin with folic acid on a daily basis. Exercise regularly, but avoid strenuous activities that involve heavy lifting or dangerous contact sports. Yoga is great for pregnant women or women planning a family as it tones your body keeps your stress levels low.
- Talk to people: A miscarriage can affect your emotional health and self-image, but you must remember that you are in a way responsible for the miscarriage. Talk to other women who have had a similar experience and share your feelings with them. Men and women cope with a miscarriage in different ways and hence work on communicating your feelings with your partner. Do not suppress your feelings, but acknowledge them and work through them. You may also find it beneficial to talk to a counsellor or get involved with a support group.
- Give yourself a break: It’s ok to not attend your friend’s baby shower when you’ve recently suffered a miscarriage. Instead of surrounding yourself with your friend’s babies and children, take a break and pay attention to yourself. Develop a hobby or find something to keep yourself busy. Take a holiday with your partner and find ways to reconnect with them. Find your own way of acknowledging the pregnancy. This could be in the form of writing about it, naming the baby or planting a tree in memory of the baby.
- Get proactive: Don’t sink into despair because of your miscarriages. Educate yourself about the various reasons you may have miscarried the baby by reading books or talking to medical professionals. This can help prevent future miscarriages.