Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Feroze SoonawalaYour feedback matters!
Hi, we are 1.6 years of marriage and we don't have any problem, we need baby what should we do for a natural pregnancy?
I am 30 years old married woman and my married have 2 years ago but I am not able to consume for pregnant. My body weight growing too fast I feel so nervous please guide me.
Some doctor has told me about Ultrasound uterus can you tell me what is this and how much it will cost? Please help me.
I am 39 years old. I had rheumatoid arthritis 2 years ago. With prompt medication and proper exercises it subsided. But I have put on weight rapidly with b12, injections in just 2 months. I have put on 12 kgs in 2 months. And am not able to shed off that exrra weight. My periods are regular. I am putting on lot of weight. If I exercise I dont gain weight but at the same time am not losing weight. I have also noticed I am getting acne now at this age. What should I do?
I have cyst problem from last February. Till now i am not getting regular periods. I am taking treatment. Suggest me to get regular periods. My age is 23 years and height is 5.0 and weight is 78 kg. Now i am married for last 6 months I want to conceive so suggest me. What should I do to get pregnant?
When there was no penetration and he releases under your butt can you get pregnant if your due time was three days ahead help pls.
Age difference between fetus age and menstrual age. Usg report shows fetus age 13weeks 2 days and menstrual age 14 weeks 4 days. Where usg report is normal or not ?
Hi, I am 25 years old unmarried girl. I have a period problem. My periods have never been regular. sometimes my periods will skip 2-3 months or just be a few weeks late. What could be causing this and what is a safe way to regulate my periods?
Me and my gf had sex in the 4th day of her period. After that she had light bleeding for few hours. There is any chance of pregnancy.
Does daily sex effect the health of women and can one have sex during menses? Lastly how to increase breast size in women.
I am 39 years old, I had 2 Cesarean as I have a cyst in my right ovary & at the time of my periods it is very painful. How & why does this cyst occurs & if there cyst can we become pregnant.
Hi doctor. I'm 9th month pregnant now. My delivery date is december 30. Yesterday I did masturbation one time. Am not inserting anything. Is any problem to my baby or me.
Hello doctor. I am unmarried. My LMP was dec 31st 2014. I have 35 days cycle. I had intercourse on january 23rd 2015.So for safety i took mifepristone 200 mg(advised in pharmacy & friends). Till now i have not got my periods. Its almost 2 months now. But my UpT test done on march 3rd 2015 is negative.I am very anxious and stressed. Please tell me what should i do ?
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.
Pregnancy is a normal life function that many women go through. Yet, this is a function or a part of life where one has to take special care of one’s health and condition as there are many biological changes that happen in one’s body. Swollen legs and ankles are a common part of one’s pregnancy. This condition is most commonly known as edema and it usually occurs when fluid collects in the tissue. This in turn happens when the blood chemistry changes and the fluid gets routed to the tissue. This is a common occurrence due to the hormonal changes that one goes through during pregnancy. The condition usually troubles pregnant ladies during their third trimester.
Read on to find out the various ways in which one can deal with it.
- When to consult a doctor: Consult a doctor or a midwife for a thorough check up if you happen to see any puffiness or swelling in your face and eyes. This could point at a more serious problem like the onset of preeclampsia. Also, if you happen to notice that one leg is more swollen than the other, then you may want to see a doctor about it, as it could mean that there is a blood clot in the leg.
- Put your feet up: This is especially important if you are at a desk all day. The best way to deal with such swelling is to put your feet up every once in a while, so that the swelling may reduce. You can use a foot stool or even a pile of books for this purpose.
- Breaks: If you are constantly sitting or lying down, it would be a good idea to give it a break and walk around a little so that there is better blood circulation. This also keeps the blood from pooling into the lower regions of the legs, which can prevent an increase in the swelling.
- Comfortable footwear: One should stick to flat and comfortable footwear with an even elevation as well as foam soles so that the comfort level while walking and standing is optimum. Choose your shoes so that they can accommodate your swelling instead of pinching your feet. Also, you can choose to wear snug socks and stockings, which will form a band around your feet. This will ensure that the swelling does not increase to a painful level. At the same time, you must avoid socks that have bands, which are too tight as this may lead to blood pooling and subsequent swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is less fluid retention. This is one of the best ways of fighting edema whether or not you are pregnant.