Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Fehmida ShekhYour feedback matters!
Tell me that I have sex but without protection but I have not released sperm so is she can get pregnant.
Hot and spicy foods can numb your senses, quite literally! In every nook and corner, you will find people salivating over hot and spicy foods. For long, people were of the belief that such foods only harm your system, inviting unwanted health complications and disorders. Most parents try their best to keep their children away from such foods. But every cloud has a silver lining. Hot and spicy foods are not only about the cons.
Unfortunately, not many people are aware of the health benefits of hot and spicy foods. This article is an attempt to aware the readers of both the pros and cons of hot and spicy foods.
Health benefits associated with hot and spicy foods:
Hot and spicy foods, when consumed in moderation can work wonders for your system. Chillies, peppers, spices, the main ingredients which spice up a dish have many health benefits.
- Endorphins are your feel-good hormones. Together with serotonin, the hormones help to keep stress, anxiety, and depression at bay. They are great mood enhancers. Chilli peppers tend to elevate the levels of both these hormones in the body, helping you to fight stress better. Capsaicin, an important active component of chilli peppers has many advantages.
- It plays a pivotal role in lowering the flu symptoms.
- It has anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It comes as a relief for people suffering from stomach ulcers. Capsaicin effectively gets rid of the bacteria H.pylori, which causes stomach ulcer (in most cases).
- It also helps in lowering and maintaining the blood cholesterol level.
- If you have been struggling to lose weight, then capsaicin is what the doctors have just advised. It acts as a catalyst, accelerating the metabolism, thus enabling the body in rapid burning down of calories.
- In general, having spices in your diet elevates the HCl secretion in the stomach, thereby improving the overall digestion process.
- Research suggest spicy foods can bring about a remarkable improvement in the circulation process.
- Spicy foods may be a blessing for your heart. As per research, spicy foods go a long way in lowering the cases of strokes or heart attacks.
An excess of anything is bad. With merits come the demerits.
- Heartburn is common in people who eat very hot and spicy foods.
- Very spicy foods can cause stomach problems, including a stomach upset, stomach pain, and in extreme cases, even diarrhea.
- If you are a night owl by force (sleep does not come easily to you), spicy foods will only worsen the situation. Having hot and spicy foods for dinner, or just before retiring to bed is sure to doom your sleep.
- Extremely spicy foods can cause inflammation of the lining of the stomach, resulting in Gastritis.
- People who love eating very spicy foods are more likely to suffer from acid reflux problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The ever shrinking world has indeed augmented geographical distances among people, leaving couples to deal with the term Long distance relationship (LDR). Among other things, the distance makes it difficult for partners to deal with their sexual needs.
Dr Sharmila Majumdar, a Hyderabad based sexologist, says, “ Physical intimacy is very important for a good married life. One should learn to appreciate one's physical time together. The absence of it not only drains a relationship but also sucks out the love and respect for each other. In the little time that they get couples should try to make up for their craving for each other."
While it's obviously not possible to be around your partner most of the time, we give you five easy ways to fuel your carnal desires during an LDR.
1. Romantic/ Erotic emails
You think it is not easy? Well! It isn't difficult either. All you have to do is feel him/her beside you. Feel that your fingers are moving around his hair, feel that you are circling certain parts of her body, just feel and type the same down. For eg: I can sense the whiff of your perfume as I kiss your neck and bite your earlobe. I can feel your hair strands on my face, and your hands embracing me. You know your trigger zones, go ahead and speak your heart out.
2. FaceTime/ Skype (Video Chatting)
Technology has certainly squeezed distances. Dress sexily when you are video chatting with your partner. Each one of you should dress up as if you were going on a date. Start a casual conversation beginning with your day, but avoid unnecessary details. Praise your partner on how he/she looks. Instead of telling how badly you miss her/him, say you are almost there, and can feel the pleasure of togetherness. The rest will follow.
3. 'Selfies' at Rescue
Exchange appealing and exciting pictures. Pictures of you donning your new hair cut, new tattoo, new apparel, shoes, anything, just anything that makes you look fresh and lively. Go for temporary tattoos, or create some yourself. ( on the neck, shoulder, cheek, palms, ankles, to name a few.
4. Voice it up
With applications such as viber and whatsapp ruling the mobile phone, voice messages are quite happening these days. Send across random love notes and teasers on the voice message.
5. Sex 'on' Phone
Fantasy plays a vital role in exciting your desires. Close your eyes and feel the presence of your partner. Talk about the times when you were together, and how you enjoyed the coziness and warmth of each other. As you talk, also share how your body is reacting. For eg. "I am rubbing my toes against each other". "I am biting my lips", "I am embracing myself", "I am playing with my hair" all of these and many more will fan the fire of your longing for each other. Sweet signs and moans during the conversation will take you both to another level.
Hello Doctor. My Gf is 35 years old and she is recently suffering from PCOD. I have heard that one cannot get pregnant during PCOD. So can we have intercourse without using condom? Are there any chance of pregnancy?
Doctor I have pcos I am on dose since two and half months can you please tell me when will I conceive. What are the symptoms that tell you its getting recovered. What is the duration of the recovery.
Gall Bladder is a small sac which is pear shaped and is present just underneath the Liver. It is connected to the Liver through a small duct called the bile duct, the gall bladder stores the bile which is secreted by the liver and sends it to the intestines to aid in the digestion of fats.
When there are excess toxins in the liver there is concentration in the bile and this gets stored up in the bile thus leading to various kinds of gall bladder problems, such as- gall stones, infection and inflammation
Symptoms are as follows:
- Pain – mild to severe pain in the right side of the abdomen which usually increases with deep inspiration and expiration, Nausea, Vomitings, Loose bowels or constipation, Excess Gas, Fainting, fever and so on.
- In my practice I’ve found that people with obesity and high LDL cholesterol levels tend to have increased risk of gall stone or gall bladder problems, people who are obese also tend to have gall stones.
- Now - a - days owing to the food and lifestyle habits almost every other person has small stones in the gall bladder which may not be quite a problem now but later may pose a threat if they increase in size
- Solution: to avoid these problems of gall bladder we don’t need heavy medications and procedures unless until the problem is very severe, as there is a saying “ a stitch in time saves nine” you can save your gall bladder when your body gives you the signals that it is not able to take more toxins for this you need to avoid certain foods which I list below and follow a good detoxification of liver every fortnight:
Foods to avoid-
High fatty fried foods, sugary foods, Alcohol, coffee and chocolate, many people love creamy foods which lead to obesity and thus gall bladder problems avoid those creams,
Foods to take-
Beans, lentils, beetroots, celery, apples, carrots, any green veggies, these will help your liver detoxify easily
If you’re already having a gall bladder problem, you need to immediately make changes in your diet and lifestyle habits or get ready to get the gall bladder removed which might make it more difficult to digest fats and you will gain even more weight.
Homoeopathic remedies such as Taraxacum and Cardus Marinus help in solving the gall bladder problems but you need to consult a homoeopathic physician before taking these medications for proper medical guidance.
Avoid these above-mentioned foods and most of all stress try to be good yourself and love your body don’t force it to have more than what it can bear.
Hello doc, meri friend k abhi 3 months ki pregnancy miss hui h.uske 3 months bad jo ultrasound krwna tha usme heartbeat absent thi. Or d and c hui h. D and c abhi 3 august ko hui thi. Uske 3 din bad se uske breast me pain h.means these are not feeling good even touch. N some milky white water in a little amount secreting from these. Doc pls help what to do? Is any tension there?
Doctor you can say me that is she pregnant? some allergies is found in her body, so doctor she is very nervous in situations, so please help me doctor. Is she pregnant? And if any woman is pregnant so how's her periods conditions?
I am trying to conceive. Have attempted one IVF on this January but failed. I have low AMH issue. I used to have alcohol and gutkha. Please advise me what should I do?
I am 9 months pregnant and for 3 to 6 days. I have swelling in my vagina but tomorrow I saw some pimple like structure on my left inner thigh. I use mustard powder to control it n use powder. Because there is sweat. But I am afraid because I have already black inner thigh n now it increases due to pregnancy n these pimples. I have inches in these pimples. What I do. There is no much time in my delivery. Please suggest me some remedy for this. Which does not affected baby. N I have many stretch marks on butt n lower vaginal area. Suggest some for this also.
If you’ve been facing problems in conceiving, it may be time to get yourself checked as it’s possible that you may be suffering from certain fertility issues or need professional guidance. A series of tests usually determine the root cause of the problem. These tests can include a physical examination, analysis of semen and blood tests, amongst others. There are certain factors that you and your partner must keep in mind when deciding upon the best time to opt for these tests and get started on an infertility treatment programme.
If you’re a female, it’s time to get yourself examined when:
1. You haven’t been able to conceive for over a year despite trying (when you are under 35)
2. You haven’t been able to conceive after trying for 6 months (above the age of 35)
3. You’ve had 1 or more miscarriages
4. You’ve been ovulating irregularly and your previous drug treatment has failed to correct the problem
5. You suffer from damaged or blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis (a condition where tissues that cover your uterus also develop outside of the womb, causing pain and bleeding)
6. You have a history of genital infections
If you’re a male, you should consider an infertility treatment if you experience the following:
1. Facing difficulty in sperm ejaculation
2. Suffering from a low sperm count including poor sperm movement or structure (sperm’s shape and size)
3. Having an undescended testicle (a genital abnormality that occurs when the testicle fails to move into its normal position in the scrotum during the first 3 months of your life)
Apart from the above mentioned points, another important factor that you and your partner must decide upon is whether or not you intend to use assisted reproductive procedures, such as ICSI (IntraCytoplasmic Semen Insertion) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) to help in conceiving. While the former sees fertilisation occurring naturally after the eggs and sperm get placed inside one of the two fallopian tubes, the latter deals with the transference of the embryo created in the laboratory into the uterus.
Even though the thought of infertility can be disappointing for you and your partner, early and timely intervention can help in easing up the process of conception and remove obstacles that might hinder your chances of having a baby.
I am 2 months pregnant. I would like to know if I can have sex during pregnancy or not. In which month we should avoid sex and is female masturbation allowed during pregnancy?
Hello Ma'am, I am planning to conceive. We started trying in last year April. I have minor PCOD problem also. I am married since June 2011. I got pregnant in Jan 2013 but after normal delivery. My baby died due to birth asphyxia. Then due to depression and health I stopped trying for another baby for 1.5 years. Then started trying for baby in April 2015. But till date there is no good news. Please suggest.
a typical meal plan for ibs sufferers
This meal plan provides 25 - 30 g of fibre from a variety of sources and 30 - 35 g of fat depending
On the quantity of added margarine, oil and fat content of dairy foods.
Breakfast - a bowl of high fibre cereal such as untoasted muesli, weetbix or porridge with fresh or tinned fruit and reduced fat milk or a calcium fortified soy milk and/ or wholemeal or grain toast with minimal margarine and honey or vegemite. Tea.
Lunch - sandwiches made with wholemeal bread with low fat cheese, lean beef, tinned fish and salad. Tinned or fresh fruit with low fat yoghurt. Water, tea or diluted juice.
Main meal - water, lean grilled chicken with lemon juice and pepper. Served with salad, boiled new potatoes and wholemeal bread.
Snacks spread throughout the day - fresh fruit, low fat yoghurt, crackers with cheese, or wholemeal crumpets with honey. Water, tea or diluted juice.
Vitamin D and pregnancy go hand in hand. Expecting mothers need to ensure they get the recommended amounts of vitamin D during pregnancy for the healthy development of the baby as well as their own well-being.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin obtained mostly from consuming fortified milk or juice, fish oils and dietary supplements. It also is produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D, which is ingested or produced in the skin must undergo hydroxylation in the liver and kidney to promote absorption of calcium from the gut to enable normal bone mineralization and growth. Severe maternal vitamin D deficiency has been associated with congenital rickets and disordered skeletal homeostasis coupled with fractures in the newborn during pregnancy. Vitamin D is necessary for the metabolism and absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Many studies are finding a connection between low serum vitamin D levels and an increased risk of certain types of autoimmune disease, cancers, insulin resistance, neurological disease and cardiovascular disease.
Latest studies have shown that vitamin D deficiency is common during pregnancy especially among women residing in northern latitudes, living in cold climates or wear sun and winter protective clothing and ethnic minorities, especially those with darker skin. As the vitamin D level of newborn is largely dependent on maternal vitamin D status, the infants of mothers with vitamin D deficiency are also at risk of vitamin D deficiency. Inadequate level of vitamin D can lead to abnormal bone growth, fractures, or rickets in newborns. Deficiency of vitamin D leads to a higher risk of pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes, premature birth and low birth weight.
The symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency include aching muscles, bone pain, and softened bones leading to fractures. Fish liver oil, fatty fish, and eggs are excellent food source for Vitamin D. It is difficult to get sufficient vitamin D from food, which makes it necessary to have vitamin D supplements. Since the skin uses the sun's rays to produce vitamin D, limited sun exposure is recommended. Exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays intensifies the pigment changes causing skin darkening in pregnant women. Thus, most doctors endorse that pregnant women protect themselves from the sun and get their vitamin D from supplements. The average prenatal vitamin contains 400 IU of vitamin D, which makes it imperative that additional supplements should be taken. The significant compounds for human development are D2 and D3. The best way to really ensure adequate vitamin D is through simple supplementation. Ergocalciferol is the vegetarian form of vitamin D, whereas cholecalciferol is the animal-sourced form, derived from fish liver oil or lanolin from sheep.
Papaya is intense, light and rough by nature, besides being hot in potency. The taste is sweet and pungent, though the after taste is bitter. Chemically, this fruit contains gum resin, yellow in color, glycosides, sugars, citric acid and papain, a digestive enzyme. This enzyme has digestive fats and proteins. It has abundant vitamins, namely, vitamin b complex, vitamin a and vitamin c. It is filled with minerals such as sodium and potassium supplements.
Natural tonic: papaya has numerous minerals, vitamins and digestive enzymes as a natural source. You can have papaya as a regular food in your daily diet and thus feel the boost of energy. This fruit can be beneficial as it increases blood sugar levels and improves blood pressure. It is highly recommended to people who suffer from lack of vigor, occasional sleep loss and fatigue symptoms.
Health benefits of papaya
- When taken with warm water is very useful. Even lactating mothers must supplement this fruit in their diet as a daily regimen. This results in a good production of milk.
- Joint pains remedy: the leaves and seeds of papaya are helpful in decreasing swelling and pain. The leaves may be warmed and applied on the affected joint pains and the seeds may be crushed and mixed with mustard oil for local massage.
- Papaya leaves and seeds are useful in treating intestinal worms.
- Papaya contains papain, the protein that is a digestive enzyme and assists in the process of natural digestion.
- Papaya can be had as regular consumption and it will help in solving the colon infections problem.
- The papaya skin is excellent in curing skin wounds.
- Papaya is high in nutritive value and low in calories, thus an excellent food for people on a diet.
- Consuming papaya regularly helps in relieving nausea and morning sickness.
- Papaya has anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory properties. This anti-inflammatory property helps in reducing pain for people suffering from arthritis, osteoporosis, and edema.
- Papaya is exceptionally good for people who frequently suffer from a cough, cold or flu. This is because papaya promotes the immune system. Vitamin a and c in high concentration is beneficial to promote the immune system.
- Papaya is the best for good hair and equally helps in controlling dandruff. In fact, even the papaya shampoos are exceptionally good for hair and are easily obtainable in many stores.
- Raw papaya reduces menstrual irregularities and helps women. Papaya eases the condition in women by promoting natural flow during the cycle of menstruation.
- Papaya cleans your stomach and if papaya is eaten alone for 3 to 4 days, it has a beneficial tonic effect on the intestines and stomach.