Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Fehmida Shaukat Ali Shaikh
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Fehmida Shaukat Ali ShaikhYour feedback matters!
I suffering from common cold. I have to work with systems. I couldn't see the monitor. My eyes are painful. Suggest me some simple treatment.
I have water coming in my eye because I work to much on computer and study as well. what should i do ?
Dear Sir, Please give me any information about retinitis pigmentosa, and how can I heal from this disease. So please sir reply.
I am 17 years old. My eyesight is getting weak continously. I am very worried about it please help me to tell something.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, I have myopia to the extent of -2.25. I am thinking for LASIK. Is it a right decision? What may be the expected cost to do LASIK?
Dear sir my name is charu jangi. My problem in my eyes. My eyes is very red when I will do work in sun . This problem in everyday. please tell me best solution. Thanks.
Iam suffering from red eye problem. Please kindly suggest some medicine regarding to this problem. Thanks.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose. Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes.Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of the spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in the rigorous physical activity. Contacts are free from all these hassles- they not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles are very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect- they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance- they help you to look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!