Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Unani Specialists in India. You will find Unani Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Unani Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Fehmida HaideryYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old male. I want to gain my weight. I have try lots of things for gaining weight since last past 4 years. My weight is 45 kg now. Please tell me how to gain weight.
I am 26 years old. M short height girls. My weight is only 34 kg. So m question is how cn I gain my weight. I hv horse shoe kidney problem. So pls suggest me.
Hi, m 23rd, my weight 52 height 5'9',can I take dexona and cyproheptadine for gaining weight. Please advise.
Hello, I am 23 years old female. Weight-50 kgs I need to gain 5 kgs more. What shall I do ? I do not eat non veg. Kindly suggest some diet chat.
Hi Doctor, I want to know that I am 6 feet tall, 24 years old and my body weight is 68. But due to change of weather I face so many problems with my body like stomach infection, jaundice, and I am very weak and thin, I just want to look healthy and gain my weight, as well as immunity.
Doctor I am suffering from weakness. I want to gain some weight. please help me doctor to gain some weight I am getting thinner and thinner if you could help me I will me oblige.
I am 31years old. I have lost my weight in some years & now its just 43. I tried so many things but no results come out. What should I do?
My age is 21 but my body is not developing its still on 5' height and 40 kg weight (i looks very skinny) tell me sir how can I develop my body.
Sir mere piles hai weight bahut loss hua hai ankylosing spondilities bhi hai please mujhe diet bataein jisse mera weight thin ho sake.
Sir my elder brother is alcoholic we tried all the ways but he is unable to stop his drinking. He drinks 5 pegs of 60 ml daily. But only in evening. He is 42. I am worried about his liver. Is there any medication to prevent liver disease if he continues to drink. How many years it will be safe to drink this much ?
Im not able to gain weight and im underweight. What should I do? And, as a girl its vry important to have a good figure nowadays. What should I do dr.
I am very skinny and everyone hates me for being skinny and underweight. Even protein supplements has not helped. What do I do?
Sir, I have just 50 kg weight, so I want to gain my weight without using steroid so tell me what should I do?
Meri shadii hai 20 days mein aur mera weight kum hai ,mujhe sab dubli patlii bolte hai .kya aisa koi suppliment hai ki jisase mera weight within 15 days gain ho jaye? Plzzz help.
A weight loss program is a marathon. While making up the mind to go for a weight loss program is the first step, there are other things to consider before plunging into the diet and exercise regime. Here is a list of 10 things to consider before a weight loss program--
- Not everything works for everyone- Just because a strict diet program helped someone to lose 5 pounds, doesn’t necessarily mean that it will work out for every single person. It is important to figure whether diet, exercise, workout or a combination of everything is required to lose weight.
- Make the environment conducive to match the goal- If the goal is to lose weight, it is essential to skip old habits. For instance, keeping a fruit bowl close by will refrain the thought of having a candy bar, skipping the idea of weekends parties for a while will help to stay away from few extra drinks, a leafy and salad rich lunch would help to stay away from the thought of fast food etc.
- The combination of exercise and diet is necessary- It is necessary to have a healthy mix of diet and exercise. This helps the body to lose weight fast while ensuring that the health is maintained at the same time.
- A plan comes handy- It is necessary to chalk out a plan to get into the weight loss program. For instance, 3 days of gym, 2 days of salad consumption for lunch, 3 days of walking after dinner etc. This will help to beat the monotony and keep the motivation going.
- Set a realistic goal- Losing too much weight in a short span of time is neither healthy nor realistic. It is, therefore, necessary to keep patience and work steadily towards the weight loss goal. An ideal time-frame could range from 3-6 months to attain the desired weight.
- Find the right reason- Since a lot will depend on the long-term discipline, it is, therefore, necessary to find the right reason to lose weight. Looking good or fitting into a skinny-jeans is not the right set of motivational factors to lose weight.
- It is necessary to have coping strategies- There should be a backup plan ready when a craving for chocolate, fast food or ice cream crops up. Healthy alternative such as custard, icy fruit salad, cool drinks can help to cope up with the craving face.
- A workout buddy can prove to be extremely beneficial- Since the process of losing weight is a lonely affair, it makes sense to find a workout buddy. This keeps the boredom of working out at bay and helps to get into a healthy competition.
- A food diary comes handy- While it is practically impossible to keep track all calorie consumption, a food diary will give a rough estimate of the calorie count consumed in a day. This will further help to design a diet for the week.
- Keeping many options open- It is not necessary to spend hours in the gym or only consume fruits to lose weight. Other alternatives such as cycling, swimming, adventure sport also help to lose weight. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a bariatrician.