Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Fazal NabiYour feedback matters!
Great Experience, Don't Gives A Medicine Until And Unless It's Very Necessary .
Dear sir/madam my daughter is 6 months old. While feeding or while playing her hands and feet are becoming cool (sweaty). I went to pediatrician and consulted him. He doubted that cardiac murmur. I went to echo and finally declared that very tiny hole is present in heart. Doctor suggested that it will be cured when the baby grows. The hole is very very small. Her weight is gud. No other symptoms. No need of surgery or medication. Please suggest me any advice.
My 1 year 7 month old child have trigger thumb on right hand since last month should it be cured by itself or it need any surgical intervention?
Pregnancy is a journey in itself where you tend to go through physical changes, psychological changes and social changes as well. While the body struggles to cope with the hormonal and other major changes, the mind also tries continuously to adapt and cope with emotional as well as mental stress. Teenagers are considered to still be in a maturing stage when they have difficulty dealing with factors such as peer stress, emotional ups and downs, identity issues, personality building challenges and psychological barriers.
So, getting pregnant at this stage can be very traumatizing. Issues such as postpartum depression have become very common among teenagers.
Psychological Barrier in Teenage Pregnancy: As per the Pediatrics Journal, teenage mothers tend to have higher rate of depression compared with adult women who experience pregnancy. This may be due to various reasons like difficulty to face the society, unplanned pregnancy, immaturity to deal with pregnancy and related symptoms, own social involvements, which come between pregnancy and a whole lot of reasons.
However, the psychological effects and stress, which account for these barriers are sometimes quite severe and according to researchers, teen mothers often show symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which may sometimes lead to suicidal tendencies.
Signs and Symptoms of Stress and Trauma:
- Some of the major stress signs in teenage pregnancy either in the prepartum or postpartum period may include anxiety, depression, concentration difficulties, eating disorders, insufficient sleep, sadness or mood swings.
- Already teenage pregnancy leads to excessive mental stress and if there is a complication in delivery or premature birth before 37 weeks, the level of depression tends to get higher.
- There is a distinct difference between postpartum depression and baby blues. While baby blues are similar to stress and sleep problems, eating troubles, mood fluctuations seem the same as postpartum depression, they tend to go off within two to three weeks, while depression lasts.
- Excessive fatigue resulting into a brittle mood.
- Sudden attacks of panic are also quite common.
- Difficulties in bonding with baby or having patience with baby's demands.
This type of stress and trauma may lead to child abuse, neglecting children or depression. Lowered self-confidence and irritated state of mind are also some of the common complaints. Therefore, to avoid the postpartum stress and major difficulties, teenage pregnant moms can consult psychiatrists for help and advice.
Want to know about PCV vaccination for my 2 month baby.Is it is an important vaccination? ?what is the cost?
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc
My daughter age is 4 years and 9 months ab tak bolna nahin sikhi hai please advice me what can i do to solve this problem?
I am 41 years old and had gall bladder surgery last years but even today I feel indigestion and stomach ache. I also have fibroid in my stomach and bulky liver. Tell me about sort of food I should eat? And exercises. I am diabetic too.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.
Hi. I have delivered baby boy 50days before as premature baby. He was in nicu for 30days. And reached home. He is. Not getting milk directly from my breast since he has low birth weight. I am expressing through. Pump.and giving to him. Last two weeks my supply. Was very low. I had lactare tablets. And lactonic granules. But no improvement in supply. Pls suggest.
Giving antibiotic for any kind to 2 month old baby reduce development of immune system or effect immune system of baby. Can cough & cold get cured by its own without giving any medicine to baby.
My daughter, aged 6.5 years underwent bilateral femoral osteotomy in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016. She was in hip spica cast for a total of eight weeks, followed by hip brace for four weeks. But her knees were flexed inwards after she came off the spica cast . After regular therapy for the past five months, it has opened out from 150 degrees to about 50 degrees now, Hips are in abducted attitude. Abduction is possible to about 50-60 degrees, but hip abduction movts seems to be quite painful for her. Her recent xray which was done few days back show " left femoral head dislocated inferiority" Her adductor muscles and hamstrings are tight. Kindly advise regarding further treatment possible to correct the dislocation. Thanks a lot.
What care should be taken (from now on) for my six year old daughter so that she has healthy hair and skin in future. Should some supplements be given for a healthy body?
I have a headache a lot of time I also have a stomach it a lot of time I do not know why did happens please help me what do I do.
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.
Meri baby 1 mahine ki h.pichle hafte doctor ko dikhaya tha kyoki isko constipation ho rha hai. Doctor ne Himalayan bonnison drops pilane ko kha jb baby jyada chilaye tb. But isko latrine 3-4 din me 1 baar hoti h baki gas aur toilet krti h.mai kya Kru isko himayan drops lgatar pilau kya.
Hi doctor I have given swin flu vaccine to my 3.2 years old son for first time because he always suffer from cold and cough, some time he starts wheezing. First shot was given on 21 feb 2015 and second in the month of 19 march 2015. After this second vaccine, after 3 days started coming rashes on his thighs. And remain for 2 months after giving allegro syrup. I want to ask you this rashes started coming because of swine flu vaccine or not. Please answer me and make me grateful.
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.