Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Fatima
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. FatimaYour feedback matters!
I have used betnovate-n. I suffered from then. Ofter that I took one year treatment by local skincare doctor. Even took treatment there is no use. I got dark black skin. Can I use natural remedies. Ex. Tomato glycerin extra.
I am 40 years old. I am female. I have suffer from breast cancer from last 1 and 1/2 years. I have took surgery chemotherapy and radiation therapy from rcc, trivandrum. Please given any preventive method,
Hi Dr. I just want to ask is dark circles are permanent problem or it really cures. Pls reply for my main question then suggest remedies.
I am 24 years old male. My ajeeb us oily and sensitive. I have pigmentation on my fore head, it looks ugly. Also have dark spots on chicks. I already try many medicines. Aloe vera etc. But no any effect. Please give me any surely solution.
Hello mere left breast mein 1 saal se pain ho rha h kabhi kahi ho jayega to kabhi kahi ho jayega. Kabhi kabhi burning sensation hoti h aur aise lagta h jaise puri breast hillegi aur bajar ayagi. Mere last 5-6 months se periods bhi light aa rhe h sirf 1-2 din k liye. Please help me. And provide me some home remedies. I am worried .thank you.
Suggest me a good fairness cream without side effects, Which can be easily but in the nearby departmental stores or tiny medicals?
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am only 19 years old and my skin is already very patchy and old-like. Every body part has a different complexion and most of them have not even been exposed to sunlight.
I travel on a two wheeler daily for my coaching and so, my arms are tanned to a great extent. How can I get rid of this tanning in less time without wearing full sleeve shirts as its too hot?
Use oil-free or noncomedogenic products (those that won't clog pores) on your face.
Don't squeeze or pick blemishes. Popping pimples can drive acne bacteria deeper into the skin. Picking can lead to more inflammation and permanent scarring.
Never repeat these mistakes for pimple prevention.
Not trying an acne treatment long enough
Trying too many products at once
Choosing the wrong products for acne-prone skin
Waiting too long to see a dermatologist
Over-using or under-using a prescribed acne medication
Don't let acne define who you are. Do what you can to improve your skin, working with a dermatologist, if necessary, and keep doing the things you enjoy.