Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Fatima
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. FatimaYour feedback matters!
I had an accident few months back, I injured my palm and it was a skin out issue. Now, its cured but that particular wound region is still very soft with a distinct scar. How can I make it like before?
I have hyper pigmentation on my face my doctor suggest glyco 6 cream at evening then morning photostable sunscreen 40+ at morning. But no change. Can I use glyco 6 at evening then kojivit plus gel at night it is good?
Hi doctor, I am having some black spots due to pimples. Is it good to use triglow cream. Also suggest any good cream for improve the complexion. I have oily skin.
My problem is related with my skin. Below my knees my legs are having black spots as blood clotting are there. What should I do?
1) Minimize exposure to the sun - A majority of skin damage can be blamed on over exposure to the sun. The sun is an infinite source of harmful UV rays, which lead to the onset of wrinkles by having an extreme adverse effect on the elastic fibres of the skin. Thus, avoid stepping out at noon when the sun is at its peak, and spend time in choosing the correct sunscreen for your skin tone and texture.
2) Check your dietary habits - A correct diet can single-handedly fight signs of ageing and provide you with a wrinkle-free and glowing skin. Your skin benefits indefinitely from vitamin A, Biotin and antioxidants such as vitamin E and C. Green vegetables, citrus fruits such as oranges, tomatoes, carrots etc. are some products that are rich in these nutrients. Regeneration and repair are constant actions performed by your skin and it needs the correct amount of nutrition to perform them.
3) Participate in stress-busting activities - Constant stress is the prime reason for onset of wrinkles and early ageing. Cortisol is an ageing hormone and it is constantly released into your bloodstream when you suffer from chronic stress. Thus, make sure to check your stress level and indulge in activities such as walking, running, yoga, meditation, sports etc. which have a calming effect on the mind and body.
4) Cut down on smoking and drinking - Excessive drinking simply robs your skin of the nutrients that are necessary for it to fight ageing and stay healthy. As far as smoking is concerned, it drastically reduces the amount of blood flow to your face and as a result, gives rise to crow’s feet and deep wrinkles covering the eyelids. Limit your alcohol intake to one drink a day and try and completely give up smoking to maintain that healthy glow.
Have any further questions on skincare? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Warts are small formations that occur on the skin. They appear in the form of dark protruding bumps or brown flat lesion on the skin surface. Sometimes they might also have tiny black specks on them. Warts usually form on the hands, feet, face and genitals, although they may appear on other parts of the body in some cases.
What causes the formation of warts?
Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family.
This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the next. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts?
Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- Picking and scratching on warts should be avoided
- Avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection
- Grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care
- Moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it
- Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or Dettol.
Wart removal should be done by a qualified dermatologist. It is simple, safe opd procedure which takes few minutes only and does not leave any scars.