Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Fatema J. NajmiYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old mere aadhe head mai kl subha se pain hota hai aur head ke piche bhj aur aisa lagta hai. Jaise head bhaari bhaari lag rha hai aur chakkar bhi aate hai mujhe kya krna chahayiye.
I'm suffering from throat pain yearly 5 to 6 times it comes. need permanent solution for it can you please advise.
I have gas problem scans 1 & half year if I drink tea or some junk food I can't digest it what can I do for this please tell me.
I want to get rid of the sweat that comes on my face every 2 minutes. I can't even apply a cream on my face. Pls help me fix this prob!
Severe constipation. No stools for many days at a stretch. I need to detoxify. Have tried lemon ginger and lot of such stuff. Causing bloating. Please suggest something for quick relief. I am unable to see a doctor currently.
I am suffering the dry cough for 2 month and I already used some medicine but not clear the cough as so what I do.
Kindly let me know what should you do -1. Bring down my uric acid levels. 2. Reduce the pain in the big toe when I get it.
My son is 6 year old. He has loose motion from 1 day, went 6 time in whole day. Please suggest medicine.
I am suffering from naval displacement for last one year, even in sleep it happens. I tried meditation n yoga but not fruitful. What to do now? Pl. Suggest.
Hi Now I am at 35 weeks pregnant. My post level sugar levels are 184. Today I went for checkup, the doctor says levels are very high. Liker is in border line. So we can't try for a normal delivery. We have to do surgery on priority. Because of this pregnancy diabetes baby heart movements will be fluctuate. Kindly advise me what to do. I have to take a decision today itself.
I have some skin problem which starts in summer mainly body parts are affected due to which dot spots white in colour appears and they are itchy what to do about it23-12 1990.
Various studies and researches have been able to prove that women outlive men. In fact they are expected to live at least 7 years more than men. More men are living with and dying of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) than women and have more hospital discharges for Cardiovascular disease (CVD) and CHD. The prevalence of CHD is higher in men within each age stratum until after 75 years of age, which may contribute to the perception that heart disease is a man's disease.
The classic risk factors for CVD are the same in women and men, but there are gender differences in the prevalence of risk factors. Dr Bernadine Healy first introduced the concept of the Yentl syndrome in 1991, suggesting gender bias in the management of CHD.
HEART DISEASE AND SEX DIFFERENCES
Reasons for Cardiovascular Disease:
There are a number of risk factors that affect the men more than women. The following are few aspects that are reasons for the rising incidences of heart disease in men:
High blood pressure
High cholesterol level
Sedentary life style
Unhealthy food habit
Lack of exercise
It is important that men take control of their health. Opt for regular cardiac screenings tests, yoga, stress management and ensure that they live a heart healthy life.
I am suffering from food digest issue from last 1 week, motion also not getting freely, pls suggest best prescription.
I cannot talk with people nicely because of my stammering. I cannot even say my name. I do not have speech therapist in my area. Can anyone suggest me what should be done? Do ayurveda has its cure?
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary