Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Farruqe Ahmed KhanYour feedback matters!
Blood sugar plays an important role in your sex life. An estimated 381 million people in the world were diabetic in 2013 and by 2030 this number is expected to double. Diabetes can affect your performance or the way you feel about sex. It's just not a men's problem but women too have sexual problems that arise because of diabetes.
How Does Diabetes Affect Men and Women?
Men - Many sexual problems that men face are due to chronic high blood glucose. Erectile dysfunctions in men are often due to diabetes. Type 2 diabetes patients also run the risk for low testosterone levels, which can affect a man's desire for sex.
Women - Women having diabetes find it difficult to reach orgasm and the high blood sugar affects vaginal lubrication. The lack of lubrication not only reduces the sensation but makes sex more painful.
What can diabetics do to improve their sex life?
Here are 6 tips that can enhance your sex life if you're a diabetic:
1) Focus on pH: You should pay close attention to your blood sugar levels as an increased level can cause abnormal pH levels in your vagina, giving rise to chronic vaginal infections.
2) Eat right: Eating right can have a positive effect on your sex drive. Zinc helps in testosterone production and, thus, a diet rich in zinc is helpful for diabetic men. Good sources of zinc include cashews, red meat and crab.
3) Keeping Tab on your glucose level: Keeping a close check on the glucose level will help you avoid nerve damage and vaginal infections. It will also increase your overall health.
4) Exercise: This plays a pivotal role in reversing diabetes symptoms. It strengthens your heart, improves flexibility and stamina and also increases the blood flow to all the necessary areas.
5) Sleep Adequately: Sleeping soundly has been found to play an important role in controlling blood sugar. It is helpful in improving the sex-drive of diabetics.
6) Switch to sugar-free lubricant: Diabetics should keep tab on the lubricants. If you already have high levels of sugar in your vagina, adding more sugar to it is not advisory.