Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Fariza M. Shaikh
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Fariza M. ShaikhYour feedback matters!
6th week of pregnancy after IVF. Hv been taking progesterone inj on buttocks. Hv to take ten more days. Hard lump on inj area causing severe pain. Any Remedy?
Hello friends, I am Dr Shakuntala Kumar, I am practising obstetrician and gynaecologist at New Life Hospital in North Delhi, I am also visiting consultant at Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh. Today I will be highlighting about some points about nutrition in pregnancy, why it is important to eat right during pregnancy. Eating right helps a woman gain weight during pregnancy, depending on the pre-pregnant weight of a lady, she is required to gain something like 9 to 14 kilograms during pregnancy, during the whole pregnancy. If she is underweight then she is allowed to gain something like 14 to 15 kilograms also but if she is grossly overweight then gaining not more than 8 to 9 kgs will be apt for this woman. So eating right will help her gain weight which is very-very imperative for the development of the child. If she is eating right then she stays energize throughout pregnancy and that is very important because problems like lethargy, fatigability are very-very common during pregnancy and they can be avoided if a woman is eating right. Thirdly, if she is eating right then she can avoid a lot of pregnancy-related problems like constipation, heartburn, mood swings and fatigability. So eating right friends is important during the whole of the pregnancy. Now the second of the aspect of nutrition which I wanted to highlight was how we should eat during pregnancy. Now in the first trimester, the lady suffering from nausea, vomiting, fatigability and tiredness so to avoid that she is required to eat smaller helping several times a day. So these are some very small-small tips which we must remember about nutrition in pregnancy, number 1, she should be eating smaller helpings of foods several times a day. She should remain well hydrated so drinking lot of fluids which are non-caffeinated and which are not very high in sugar and salt are encouraged. Natural drinks like lemon water, coconut water may be buttermilk are recommended. Now thirdly, if she has food cravings then she can have snacks like salted crackers, a bland diet like boiled rice, bananas etc. which help avoid nausea and vomiting in the first three months of pregnancy. So if she is having several, the food is eaten in small quantities several times a day that is always recommended. What are the foods to be avoided during pregnancy? Uncooked poultry or raw meat should be avoided caffeine and alcohol are a big no-no and pasteurized milk then food which is stale and kept in refrigerator for long is a very big no, then junk food should be totally avoided if possible, please avoid food from outside home cooked fresh food is what a pregnant lady should be taken. Friend’s diet in pregnancy is mainly about nutrition which is holistic and healthy for the baby. Please remember diet should not just be containing necessary requisites but it should be wholesome, it should be healthy and it should be good for the women, it should be palatable and it should be easily digestible. Vegetarian food which is freshly cooked, which is easily available and seasonal is what is recommended during pregnancy because vegetarian food is mostly low in calories, less condensed it does not contain items which are difficult to digest by a pregnant lady is what a recommended during pregnancy. My request to all my friends who are pregnant is to have a diet which is holistic and which is seasonal and readily available, preferably home cooked food. Friends in case you have any queries regarding pregnancy-related problems or if you want to know anything about pregnancy or anything in obstetrics and gynaecology, I am available we are here to answer all your queries. Thank you very much.
I am 21 years old, and I am pcos border line. I have tried walking, running, yoga and gyming also but still my weight is only increasing. What should I do and eat at the same time!
Good Morning, Dear Sir/Madam, My daughter is of 13 years Old she was matured in the month of September 2017 and she got periods October and November regular but for the last 2 months she is not getting periods.
When I suck my wife's breast nipples on sex time, it's leave something just like water. What is this? Is anything wrong with my wife?
After those nine months, the long waiting period gets over and the most exciting transition from a mommy-to-be, to a mommy finally begins. But then, things are not always as smooth as we expect, especially if you undergo a C-section to deliver your baby. It is indeed an overwhelming experience to hold your little one in your arms but you need to understand that a C-section surgery is a major abdominal surgery and you need to take precautions to recover from the surgery. The recovery period for the C-section delivery is much higher than the recovery period for the normal delivery.
Let us look at some ways for speedy recovery from C-section delivery:
- Relax: Taking proper rest will give your body the energy to recover from the surgery that you had undergone. Healing of the scar takes time and your post-partum body requires rest. But, taking proper rest is not as easy as it sounds when you have a new born baby to take care of, who needs a lot of attention and care. From feeding your baby at regular intervals to changing their nappies/diapers and making them sleep, all of it requires you to be on your toes. Make sure you always take some time out to rest and do not hesitate to take help from your spouse and family.
- Don’t put strain your body: Your body has just given birth to a baby and has undergone a major surgery; therefore, it is important that you give it time to heal. You should try not to get up too often, do not lift anything heavier than your baby, avoid sex until six weeks from the birth of your baby, hold your abdomen when you have to sneeze or cough to protect the incision site. Don’t start working out without your doctors’ green signal and don’t drive and take stairs, which might put a strain on your body.
- Take a good diet: Take plenty of healthy and nutritious food as your body still requires such a diet. Breastfeeding mothers need to understand that the sole source of nutrition for your baby is you. Include different vegetables and variety of healthy food to pass on nutrition to your little one. Take plenty of fluids, especially water as the fluid intake is necessary to increase breast milk supply. Including fibre rich diet will keep you away from issues, such as constipation, which is one of the most common issues that women face after having a baby.
- Medicines: Your doctor may prescribe you the medicines that you can take to reduce the pain and recover faster. The medicines prescribed would vary if you are breastfeeding and if you are not breastfeeding your baby, so taking up such issues become even more important for you and your baby.
- Take care of the Incision: Take proper care of the incision by keeping the wound clean and undisturbed for a faster recovery.
Don’t compare your recovery to someone else’s because the speed of recovery depends from person to person. Motherhood is an exciting phase of your life, so take care of yourself to have a speedy recovery and enjoy every moment of it. Make memories and stay happy!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!