Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Fariza M. ShaikhYour feedback matters!
Hello. Once prolactin hormone levels decrease from 56 to 7.76, should I go for injections for eggs or should I wait for pregnancy without injections or any other treatment.
The mosquito may seem a very small creature, but can be deadly as they spread quite a few severe infections, with chikungunya being one of them. The disease got its name from an African language, which means to walk bent over.
Chikungunya is a viral disease that is carried by specific varieties of infected mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus). It was originally confused for dengue, which is another mosquito-transmitted infection, but then called out as a separate disease. Both diseases start off with non-diagnostic symptoms including fever, rashes, fatigue, anaemia and headache. Dengue could be distinguished by the lowered platelet count, while the persistent joint pains and eye pain could be the distinguishing factor for the chikungunya.
The mosquito is the vector, which picks up the virus from one infected person and spreads it to another person. The virus does not spread directly from one person to the other. Once it reaches the blood stream, it multiplies in the body, and over a period of 1 to 12 days, the symptoms begin to appear.
Symptoms: The symptoms of chikungunya are listed below, which reflect the effects on the body.
The symptoms are generally nondiagnostic and generic including fever, rashes, joint pain, muscle aches, eye pain, fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, headaches, nausea, and vomiting. The eye pain which occurs behind the eyes and the joint pains are the indicative symptoms, which point to chikungunya. In fact, the joint pains make the patient assume a stooped posture, and that is where the name chikungunya was originally derived from.
Most of the above symptoms subside over a period of 10 to 15 days but the joint pain continues. In fact, in many, it can continue to exist for months and even years and eventually develop into rheumatoid arthritis.
Though chikungunya is not a fatal disease by itself, it can produce long-term symptoms which can be severely disabling and affect the quality of life.
Anybody who is bitten by the infected mosquito can develop the disease, but there are some groups of people at a higher risk. These include newborns, the elderly people, and people with chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and chronic heart disease.
However, once infected, the person develops immunity and future infections do not happen unless their immunity is severely compromised.
Treatment: There is no specific treatment, and symptom relief is provided through rest, hydration, pain killers for joint and muscle, antipyretics for fever, and avoiding aspirin.
While there is no vaccine for chikungunya, preventing exposure to mosquito bites when you are travelling and preventing mosquito breeding and reducing exposure to mosquitoes by using repellents and nets are advisable.
Hello doctor. My mother does not get regular periods. There is time gap of 2 months and the flow is sometimes normal sometimes low. Her age is 40. Please tell is there any problem or suggest some medicines.
Can a pregnancy test be done only once the period is missed? Or can it be done one week after the act?
My 19 years old daughter has POD issue. She is now under the treatment of a Homeopathy doctor for last one and half years but in vain. Will she be completely alright by the treatment of Allopathic ? what will be the duration ?
I had sex with my girlfriend on 18th Feb it was not sex but I touched my penis with her vagina without using condom Her periods are delayed by 5 days (now 24 March) in between we had unprotected sex for a while but I did not ejaculated and after then used condom on (18th March) but she took I-pill within 6 hours. I also took a Viagra before sex. As I can remember there was no Pre- ejaculation. Is she pregnant?
Sir/mam मेरी मंगेतर को एक दिन में 3, 4 बार उनके प्राइवेट पार्ट में अपने आप ही गीलापन हो जाता है, जैसे शीघ्रपतन की तरह. कृपया इसका उपचार बताइए.
I have married before a year. I am 30 years old and my hubby is 36 years old. I have pcod problem and obesity. Kindly help me for conceiving a baby.Please suggest.
I am 23 years old. I have thyroid problem and also polycystic ovary syndrome. I take eltroxin. Will it affect in future? Will it cause infertility?
Still now ivf egg retrieval process completed today. We have 10-eggs. Best of 6 eggs. After that go for embryo freezing -said doctor. Some medicines guide with my spouse. My dout was after egg retrieval foods what to be best in home made. What is regular activities to do? Make it success what we do? My age and wife age both 29. Ist ivf. Pls consider my queries and reply asap. Thks.
I am 29 years old married women, its being 2 years completed to my marriage, que is just now we had sex and today I had my 8 day of menstrual cycle. As long as we had sex it started bleeding and we have done it with out condom as we usually do. Its a second time that while doing sex we had this problem. Now we both husband and wife are bit tensed about this thing. Kindly revert me back urgently.
If there is light bleeding with white discharge ; the white discharge is white in colour and it is odourless and there is no pain during urine and blding has been there for around 6 days plzzz sugest me how to stop it and please sugest is it a vaginal infection?
Mujhe 23 July ko periods aye hai. Or mai pregnancy ke liye try krna chahti hu. please tell me ke periods ke kitne din baad try krna chahiye. Which is the best day. Or without any problem mai pregnant ho jau.
I am 31 years old, I am pregnant of 6 weeks, yesterday night I had bleeding of total one pad night, and went to doctor immediately when I saw the bleeding, am using pause 500 now, so please tell me how can I identify my fetus is Alive or not.
Mam, when I was about 7 years old I got heavy stomach pain when I consulted doctors they said its because of appendicitis and immediate operation to be done. But after the operation they said to my parents that there was no appendicitis but one of mine ovary has been removed because it was infected. Some infection and that was swollen. Till the age of 21 i use to get regular monthly periods for about 5 days. But i am now about 25 and from past 3 years got pcod problem and after taking tablets only I get my periods. Doctor informed me to reduce my weight. My height is 5" 4. My question is this pcod problem occured because of removing one of ovary among two ovaries? r because my weight. I am about 71kgs. 5" 4 height. Age is 24 years old. please reply to my question n do me needful.
My friend use viagra for sex with his wife. He has erection problem. Will taking viagra be helpful to make her pregnancy.
My wife had 3 miscarriages and same reason 2 months ago baby's heartbeat loss so what could be the reason? Kindly advise.
I am having stomach pain when my periods comes every month and also vomiting and lossmotion. Sometimes I feel so much tired without doing any work so please suggest me what should I do to get rid from these problems?
It's anything but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. And if you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy at whatever time a period is late, it may be the case that — or one of the numerous different conceivable outcomes. Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- PREGNANCY: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think- you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- STRESS: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and nonessential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that causes the body to produce more of the male hormone, androgen. Cysts form on the ovaries as a result of this hormone imbalance. This can make ovulation irregular or stop it altogether. Other hormones, such as insulin, can also get out of balance, due to insulin resistance, which is associated with PCOS. Treatment of PCOS focuses on relieving symptoms. Your doctor may prescribe birth control or other medication to help regulate your cycle.
- EXCESSIVE EXERCISE: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- ILLNESS: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- WEIGHT: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over-production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.