Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Farida RehmtullaYour feedback matters!
Hi there I am just 29 and few of my beard hairs have started greying. Please let me know some good remedies/foods/lifestyle changes get rid of it.
I am having severe cystic acne on my face. Like two red acnes combined into one big cyst. Which lasts almost a week. Can you please suggest me remedy as well as a medication for it. Pls help.
I have white hairs can you please tell me which product I use to make them black which oil or any product please tell me.
Hi, I am 22 years old, I am suffering from dandruff problem from last 3-4 yrs, its sticky ,sometimes its itching. Before 1 month I have taken a consultation of doctor in our near by clinic, they suggest don't apply hair oil in scalp so I stopped it, but did not get result. Also last year I suffered from fever because of that my hair became thin. That doctor's have suggested me to take treatment for hair but that treatment is costly. So suggest me the best way to rid of dandruff and regrowth of hair.
My screen tone is getting darker day by day. It was even much fairer few years ago. Is there any diet I should follow to recover my screen tone. Or any supplements I need to take. Please suggest.
Please suggest me any effective home remedy for fairness. I have oily skin. Also tell me that home remedies does really work?
I have so many pimples on my face, so what precaution should I take? Any diet I can take to prevent from this?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I am having dryness patches on my neck, near eyes, between lips and nose. Whenever I use betnovate N, it disappear but after some days it comes back. What should I do?
I am having some infection under my eyes its from last 1 yr after I used aloe vera. It has became black.
Hives, also called urticaria are swollen welts or bumps that appear on your skin suddenly.
They itch, burn and sting and can happen anywhere on your body. You can get them on your face, lips, tongue, ears or chest. And in size, they can be as small as an eraser to as large as a plate. They also form plaques and can last for hours or up to several days.
- Acute urticaria - These type of hives last less than six weeks. The most common causes are allergies due to certain foods and medications, or infections. These hives can also happen due to diseases or insect bites.
- Chronic urticaria - Hives lasting more than six weeks come under this category. What causes them is usually more difficult to identify than what causes acute urticaria. In some cases, chronic hives are caused due to thyroid disease, hepatitis or even cancer. This type can affect your internal organs like lungs, muscles, and the gut. Thus, symptoms include muscle soreness, shortness of breath, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- Physical urticaria - These types are caused due to direct physical stimulation of the skin due to cold, heat, sun exposure, vibration, pressure, sweating, and exercise.
What causes hives?
Hives happen mostly due to allergies. Some of the common hive triggers are-
Certain foods, especially peanuts, eggs, nuts and shellfish- Fresh foods are more likely to cause hives as compared to cooked foods. Certain food additives and preservatives can also play culprits. Medicines like penicillin and sulfa- based antibiotics, aspirin and ibuprofen which are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, high blood pressure drugs like ACE inhibitors, and painkillers such as codeine can also trigger hives. Other things that may cause it are:
- Insect bites
- Transfusion of blood
- Bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections and infected throat
- Viral infections- common cold and hepatitis
- Pollen grains
- Plants like poison oak and poison ivy
- Cold weather
- Pet dander
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.