Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Farahna TejaniYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old I am suffering from hand and shoulder pain I tried some creams and pain killer what you I do tell me.
I am suffering from pain in whole my body whenever I do something my joints ache too much its very paining please give me advice.
I am 57 years old, asthmatic and diabetic. Right now I am on Theo-Asthalin 1-0-1 along with Asthalin and Budecort inhalers. I am told Salbutamol in Asthalin can cause tiredness, weakness and leg pain which I am having. Now Apart from inhalers, which of these oral medicines can be used a) Terbutaline Sulphate (Bricanyl 5 mg) 1-0-1 b) Bambuterol (Betaday 10 mg 1-0-1)? Please advice.
I am 50 yr male. My elbow is fractured. Doc put a plaster which I got removed before one week but still stiffness is present in hand and iam not able to move my hand properly.
Hai. I am having pain over my elbow of my left hand. Recently developed the pain after using w wheeler. What should I do.
I am 25 years old and I get backache more what should I do to get it cure permanently and my breast size 8s very small. What should I do to increase its size?
Im doing gym for last two days after break of more than 4 months . I had pain in my elbow muscle .i can not straight my hand. What should I do to reduce the pain . Is their any tablet or medicine or natural way to do?
I had a problem with legs pains daily, when I am walking half km pain starts, I use medicines as well, but no pains doesn't get relief. Please suggest any information.
I am 35 year old female. I have right nee pain for last 3 month. So I am very sorry. So what should I do? Please help me.
Sir/madam I have preparing for physical test, but due to running I have pain in my right leg. please suggest me?
I have pain and inflammation in right side of spinal. It transfers up to thigh. It feels twisting. And so much pain. please suggest me medicine.
I have back pain in low back from last two days. From yesterday I am doing yoga. I think it's a muscle pain. Please suggest me what to do?
I have shin splint, can you please share the name of the exercise of physio therapy? Will do at home only.
I have lower back pain for last two years. Xray n MRI done. Had medicines n physiotherapy n exercises. But still not relieved.
My mother has carpal tunnel in her right wrist and the pain has been compounded due to a recent (7 weeks old) chikungunya fever. We wish to get it operated now. She is a little worried as her previous left hand surgery for same problem did not end so well. We would like to consult about the same.
Acupressure can prove to be extremely effective if you are looking for non-medicinal solutions to treat musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, etc. Acupressure is the application of putting firm pressure on the areas on the body which are swollen, agitated or tense by massaging the acupoints (specific points in the body). Acupressure believes that relieving these areas of pressure reduces the pain.
Here are some musculoskeletal problems that can be healed by acupressure:
- Arthritis: Those who seek acupressure as an alternative treatment for pain are mostly suffering from arthritis (a disease characterised by chronic joint inflammation and cartilage degeneration). Acupressure applies pressure on the inflamed joints.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common problem that can affect anyone irrespective of his or her age. Acupressure acts to relieve the points where the muscles are too tense and helps to tone or support the muscles which have become weak with disuse.
- Chronic pain: Unrelenting pain can stem from many causes. Acupressure focuses on the pain and the pain signals when treating chronic pain. The acupoint of the pain and the nerves are gently massaged to relieve the pain.
- Fibromyalgia: Traumatic injury to the soft tissue, emotional trauma or severe illness can cause fibromyalgia. It is non-inflammatory in nature and often leads to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a troublesome disorder with symptoms of deep fatigue, sleeping problems, pain, etc.). Acupressure can greatly improve the fatigue and sleeplessness that fibromyalgia causes.
- Tendonitis: The tendon connects the tissue to the bone, and tendonitis is the condition when the tendon is inflamed. Acupressure helps in reducing the inflammation and easing mobility restrictions.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, stretching from the lower spine to the back of the foot. So when this nerve is agitated, pain radiates from the lower back to the foot. This condition is called sciatica. The acupoints in sciatica are the lower back and the hip. Acupressure effectively loosens the muscles in these regions and reduces inflammation.
- Sports injuries: Strains and sprains are common sports injuries, which mostly affect athletes. Acupressure has anti-inflammatory benefits that can help heal severely injured tendons, ligaments or muscle. Acupressure also plays a huge role in restoring and retraining the body, especially if you are an athlete and play high-demand sports.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the pressure increases on the median nerve as it goes through the carpal tunnel, and this causes wrist pain. Acupressure involves the use of directed pressure to specific acupuncture points on the surface of the body.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder. The Acupressure Points between your heel and anklebones (on both sides) have traditionally been used to relieve and prevent insomnia.
- Migraines: Acupuncture is used to effectively treat primary headaches, namely tension and migraine, which are the most common.