Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Fahad M.S.
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Fahad M.S.Your feedback matters!
Well I am not sure if I have tennis elbow or triceps tendonitis-i get pain in my triceps and my forearms get swollen but da peak/concentration f pain is in my triceps! Can I do something about it? Should I consult ortho/Ayurveda?
I am 24 years old girl, unmarried.my height is 5.2 ft and weight is around 45 kgs. I have frequent pain in my legs and also my menstrual cycle is not normal period occurs late. I also have problem of dysentery it occurs after every few days. Please suggest me diet so that I can gain some weight and get rid of these problems. I also thinks everything too much. Please suggest me how can I stay fit and active whole day.
I have a problem in my right knee. It pains a lot. While walking at stairs, it pains maximum, I am using knee guard, wt should I do? should I go for x ray or check up, & where should I go?
Mere knees mai problem hai.I think weakness hai. Mai baithne ke baad uthate waqt sahare ke bina uthne me problem hoti hai. Mai daud nahi pata. Kya mujhe gym join krni chahiye running ke liye?
I am a 20 years old male. For the last 2 years I am having pain in my backbone when I wake up from my bed after laying for sometime. What to do? (i used take tablets for nerve problems 2,3 years before)
I am getting back pain since 3 months. 40 days back I took MRI - Lumbosacral spine. MRI findings 1. Mild straightening of the spine noted. 2. Diffuse annular bulge noted at L3-L4 level, indenting on ventral thecal sac. 3. Diffuse annular bulge with focal posterior central protrusion noted at L4 L5 level, indenting on ventral thecal sac. I am taking treatment from Neuro Surgeon from last 3 months. But I didn't get relief from pain. General physician advised that to use lumbar belt. My age is 25. At this age, Can I use belt? Please advise.
I go for jog daily, from last 4 day, I am suffering from pain in knee. I got my knee hurt while sprinting in morning. I can walk easily but when it comes to stairs it starts paining. I have not taken any medicine up till now. What are your suggetions.
I'm 35 year female suffering from back pain & heel spur. what medication should I take I already gone for physiotherapy but no relief.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease concerning the bones. Decreased strength of the bones poses a risk for them to break. Osteoporosis is very common among older people, whose bones become brittle with age. The most common bones affected by this disease include the backbone, forearm bones and the hip bone. There are no such symptoms until a broken bone occurs. The bones weaken to such an extent that a break may happen in case of very minor stress. Usually, a broken bone is followed by chronic pain and the disability to perform daily activities. Surveys show that 15% of white people in their 50s and 70% of white people in their 80s are affected by osteoporosis.
What are the common causes and symptoms of osteoporosis?
- May occur due to the lowering of the 'peak bone mass index'.
- In women, bone loss increases after menopause stage due to lowering down of estrogen level.
- Also occurs because of another disease or previous treatments. This includes alcoholism, surgical ovary removal, hyperthyroidism, anorexia or any form of kidney disorder.
- Anti-seizure medicines, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and taking of performance-enhancing drugs like steroid increase the bone loss rate.
- Lack of regular exercise may lead to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is defined as a 'bone density of 2.5 standard deviations below than that of a young adult'.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary in nature. People having a family history of osteoporosis are at a high risk of getting the disease.
- More than thirty genes are linked with osteoporosis development.
- If you have had a fracture before, you are at a risk of a repeat.
- Early menopause in women is also responsible for osteoporosis.
- People with a small structure and body build are at a risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Protein and vitamin deficiency makes your bones weak and makes you vulnerable to osteoporosis.
- Phosphoric acid present in soft drinks is another threat, which may cause the disease.
- People suffering from malnutrition are likely to get osteoporosis.
- Over replacement of L-Thyroxine may lead to osteoporosis.
- Use of heparin and warfarin for a long time decreases the bone density.
How can Osteoporosis be prevented?
The best way to avoid getting osteoporosis in the future is to maintain a preventive lifestyle.
- Exercise regularly
- Indulge in natural calcium sources
- Maintain intake of vitamin D and K
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol
- Don't undertake stressful physical activities
- Go for regular health checkups
- Stay fit and stay away from obesity
Osteoporosis is a disease you must stay away from. It leaves you physically incapable and unfit.