Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. F S HilloonaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 yrs old and have backache. I was hit by a bicycle handle a year back and it has just started spraining from last 15 days. The problems arise when I lay down flat from back.
My symptoms are tiredness, fatigue, muscle pain and little joint pain sometimes. If I take 200mg of hcqs per day, I feel good and normal. If I take 400mg of hcqs per day, I get headache, nausea, dizziness, tiredness, muscle pain etc. So, pls suggest me the strength of hcqs I should take?
I am 32 years old man and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of day but haven not got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 26 years and I am having chronic pain on my shoulder please advise for my son I am 59 and having bp from last week onwards.
I am a 39 years old and I am having a one sided headache, sometimes guidiness, weakness, back ache. What should I do.
My wife always not well & always her limbs formation in both breast and it is painful. Three times operate limbs. But again limbs formated. What is treatment. Kindly suggest me.
What are the pain killers for backbone and legs? Please let me know what to do if backbone is severe.
I have back pain for the past 3 days. Any specific reason for the pain? What can I do to get rid of the pain.
Hi I am Ravi from Indore I have some problem In my feet please help. When I driving car till 1 to 2 hour then it suddenly get pain in my leg also that pain feel when I driving motor bike so please provide me better solution for this problem.
I have unbearable pain in my leg. I don't go to the gym as well. Sometimes it's in both legs, sometimes it's in only one leg. Plus my body hair have started to grow very rapidly than the normal days. Can you suggest me what should be done?
I have severe pain in my ankle. Particularly when I get up after sitting for some time or when I get up from bed.
Can use of manual (non motorized) treadmill with fixed slanting board to tread cause lower back pain?
Osteoporosis wreaks havoc in many senior citizens, especially women. This is a disorder that systematically weakens the bone and can fracture the spine and the hip. If not treated early, it poses a serious threat to mobility. While medicine is a prerequisite to treating this condition, exercise goes a long way in helping patients of osteoporosis. Regular exercise can improve balance and strengthen the muscle. This being said a doctor should be consulted for a fitness assessment and bone density test before going ahead with any exercise routine.
What is the right exercise for you?
Exercises are recommended depending on the degree of osteoporosis a person is suffering from. Some exercises may not be suitable for a person while some can greatly help. It is therefore suggested that a doctor or physiotherapist is consulted before starting any exercise. Here is a list of exercise that doctors often suggest:
- Strength training: Strength training aims at strengthening the spine and other muscles. It includes the usage of free weights and lifting own body weight. In case the exercise involves the usage of weight machines, utmost care should be taken to ensure that the spine does not get twisted. Resistance training, on the other hand, should be designed in such a way that it fits the tolerance and ability to cope up.
- Flexibility exercises: When the joints are allowed to go through the range of motion, it helps in muscle function. Stretching, for instance, should only be done when the muscle is warmed up. Care should be taken that stretching is done gently which is devoid of any bouncing. The spine should not be flexed. Any exercise that demands to bend towards the waist should also be avoided. An experienced physiotherapist should be able to suggest which stretching exercise is suitable for patients with osteoporosis.
- Aerobic training: Aerobic training necessarily means that the bone supports the body weight. This exercise helps the bone from mineral loss and is good for body balance strength and flexibility. Some aerobics that can be easily performed by patients with osteoporosis include dancing, stair climbing, cycling and walking. These exercises also help in blood circulation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Exercises you must avoid: High-impact body activity exercises such as jogging, jumping and running should be strictly avoided in order to avoid bone fracture and weaken muscle. Unlike exercises with controlled movements, these exercises can twist the spine and cause severe immobility in movement.
- Twisting: For patients with osteoporosis, an exercise that involves forward bending resulting the waist to come down should be avoided. Exercise such as this can cause compression fractures leading to restriction in physical movement for a temporary to longer duration. Any sort of bending and twisting, therefore, should be avoided.