Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. F D Dastur
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. F D DasturYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am experiencing eye twitching since around 2 years. It happens only in the right eye. Have been taking homeopathy medicines for the same. There has been 20-30% improvement but not any further. Off late lower part of my right cheek just above the lips has also started twitching. The whole thing is really bothering me. Is there any treatment for this? please advice.
Last month I suffered from ecoli . Now I am ok but I developed arthritis . Doc told me it is reactive arthritis. This is post UTI. My query is will this reactive arthritis will go automatically because I am not taking any med for this. Also I went for BMD n result says I have pesto potosi sat L1 - L4. I am 62 years old.PLease tell.
My blood sugar fasting report is. 121 Hba1c. 5.8 As I am not taking any med, I do first time this test by self. please suggest the best what to do and what not.
Lungs of a chain smoker is fill with tar like substance dark in colour as shown in any video clips. Is there a way to remove it from the lungs or clean it back to normal.
I am 28 years old. Right now I am preparing for civil service. I had developed Sexual obsessions for my aunt. These obsessions are involuntary, repetitive, and unwelcome. Attempts to suppress or neutralize do not work for me and in fact make the obsessions more severe, as trying to make sense of obsessions only gives them more attention and "fuel" The reason behind this obsessions is that when I was doing college I had stayed with uncle and aunt .They called me to stay in their house by themselves. They just called me for some personal motive as soon as their motive was over they trashed me out of their house. My aunt was mastermind behind all this stuff. She defames me. She accused me for unwanted petty things. I cannot forget all these personal trauma till now .i had developed personal hatred for her. I had started compulsive masturbation after that. I just saw her as sex object after that. Whenever I masturbate in my conscious I was degrading her. Now she becomes Sexual obsessions for me. I cannot get rids of her thoughts. Whenever I saw her thoughts again pouring on my mind. I cannot fully neglect her. I had to wish her HALFHEARTEDLY whenever I met her. I just want to get rid of these thoughts. Although in my whole life I cannot forgive her .please tell me solutions.
I have got typhoid. I am 18 years of age. Plss tell me everything I should do at home. And should I take bath in typhoid.
A migraine is considered to be one of the worst headaches of all. It causes excruciating pain along with a range of other symptoms. Notably, a migraine pain is very different in nature compared to general headache. A migraine pain is mostly felt on any one side of the brain. Since a migraine is difficult to diagnose, here is a list of 5 signs that will help you to understand, if your headache qualifies as a migraine:
- Vision splotches: It is very common among migraine patients to experience blind spots and a sudden flash of light. While this might appear to be a little unusual, it is pretty normal for migraine patients. The visual cortex of the brain is responsible for incidences like these. They often pace up and slow down to cause such unnatural feelings. For cases like this, the nerve gets activated by the optical lobe and crashes immediately resulting in such sensations. These visible auras are felt by both the eyes.
- A spinning sensation: A migraine patient often gets a swirling sensation. This requires them to immediately lie down. This is accompanied with nausea and throwing up. Certain migraine-induced changes caused in the brain causes hearing imbalance which is very similar to vertigo. These auras often serve as the onset of a migraine and can last for over one hour before the actual migraine cycle starts. If a person is suffering from these symptoms, it is a clear indication that he is suffering from a migraine.
- Light sensitivity: Migraine patients often becomes oversensitive to sound and light. This is perhaps the reason why most migraine sufferers like to spend more time in dark and solicitude. Studies have shown that sudden exposure to light activates the optic nerve fiber which in turn activates the pain receptors in the brain. A study conducted by the Nature Neuroscience journal conducted in the year 2010 showed that even blind person (with a migraine) suffers from a sudden glow of light.
- Touch sensitivity: Sensory auras often cause sharp pain from tiniest of touches. This is a condition known as the allodynia. This is a condition by which the spine and the brain get super excited by the inflamed blood vessels. This condition should be reported to a doctor since the most common medicine of a migraine does not work well if a patient is suffering from allodynia.
- Funny Face: Aura of the tongue, face and lips are known as cheiro-oral. There is a type of aura that makes even speaking and eating difficult. At time sufferers feel that they are suffering from serious diseases such as brain tumor. If this condition prevails, it makes sense to contact your doctor at the earliest and start medication.
Here are some tips to manage PCOD
Tips and Treatments for PCOD
I’m Dr. K.D. Nayyar Infertility Specialist and the Senior Consultant and Head of Department at Akanksha IVF Centre.
One of the most common causes present in these days is Polycystic Ovarian Disease which is prevalent in almost 8 to 10 percent of the population.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease is affecting whole spectrum of women right from puberty till middle ages even post menstrual stage. And younger women, they are more worried about their menstrual disturbances, ovulation problem, the infertility problem, the sexual health and the older women are more worried about their metabolic problems, the pregnancy complications, and the chances of developing type-2 diabetes, the cardiovascular risk and the quality of life.
Whenever you have a woman with polycystic ovarian disease, you need a multi specialist input like, you need to have a gynaecologist, you do need to have a endocrinologist, a nutrition specialist, a psychologist, ultra-sonographer, all of them can combine and give their inputs in looking after these women.
The younger woman is too much worried about the acne, the excessive hair. They are advised to avoid certain types of food which can increase their sugar like, chocolates, which is a common thing among the younger age group, and they are advised to eat lot of green vegetables, tomatoes and meat products. The idea is they should not gain too much of weight. A reduction of 5 percent of the weight, help their menstrual cycle and ovulation.
Older age group who are looking for infertility treatment, they can start with simple oral medication, which has been there for a long time and if they don’t respond with this oral medication, they can either go for indictable colonography and if that doesn’t help they may go for laparoscopic ovarian drilling and there are lot of achievement available in your market these days. One has to choose the right type of achievement, it can be, by forming N- Acetyl Cysteine and it can be Dexamethasone it can be the only cases of hyperchlonaemia. And there are other lot of antioxidants available in the market but one has to choose the right combination.
The idea is that women should have an ovulation which should result in pregnancy and a healthy baby.
These women who have Polycystic Ovarian Disease even after the delivery they should be followed up for the blood sugar level and it will provide regularly they should be monitored because there is always a risk of type-2 diabetes developing in this group so one has to be careful that this need a monitoring for the rest of their life.
All such women who are suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease, they are advised to contact me on lybrate on their website or mobile app or they can come to me directly at my clinic.