Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Era S. DuttaYour feedback matters!
Addicted to alcohol from 10 years and now he decided not to consume alcohol and now he is getting shivering his hands, unable to eat food, mind out of control etc.
I want to become a singer like My voice is not so good. I want to make my voice sweet. What should I do to make my voice sweeter. Suggest answer.
What is the cause of memory loss in earlier day I some time forgot simply thing like my spectacles and other things.
I have been suffering from depression for last three years, I have lost my most of memory power and also I have a headache problem. whom should i consult.?
Sir, my grandfather has several illnesses, and other doctors told me that it is not curable. Im mot certain what the diseases are, but im going to describe some conditions about him. My grandfather is unable to move properly and always lies on the bed. He can barely walk. His speech is very slurred and needs extra effort to speak clearly. It has gotten to the point where we are unable to understand him. He also remains always idle. He never moves and stares at the ceiling. He also had alzheimer before showing these conditions, where he sometimes forgot smaller details spoken to him. He now never speaks, does not react to our voices, and other external stimuli. Could you please tell me what is going on? Thank you.
Sir m 26 years old yesterday I shared my problem with Lybrate team doctor's and they suggested me which I realy appreciated nd so thankful to them. Bt sir I forgoted to share one major problem that I also facing from last 3 -4 months Nd problem is that sir in my head sometimes bubbling or vibration type occurs and continuously for 5 to 10 second. Nd this would happen from last 3-4 month and m so worried from ths prblm so please kindly tell me sir what is it. And what should I do?
I feel a kind of depressed suddenly. And I want to forget some painful past completely. Is there any way to erase those memories?
For the last 15 years I am taking medicine for Depression i.E. Fludec 20 mg in the morning and Atarax 10 mg. In the night. Also take for stomach one spoon of Belgiri Churan in the morning. But some time I feel good and sometime bad. Can I leave Allopathic medicine now?
I always feel dizzy and tiredness knee pain totally confused please help me to rid of these im having suicide mind.
I was smoking for almost 6 years and quit smoking 1 year back. From past 2 years I have severe gastric problems, with severe lower abdominal pain, this pain persists almost 24 hours. Additional problems are severe gas which is very high at least 50 100 times in a day, burping, lower back pain. In a day I pass motion at least 3 to 4 times. The stool seems not to be as hard as before 2 years. Even if I have a bit heavy food, I feel to pass motion immediately, and if I either control passing motion or urine, I immediately have severe unbearable lower abdominal pain. I have had several tests like ultra sound scanning and lot of other tests but did not help in anyways. Finally I feel I have to live with out it. Any help would be good.
I'm love with a girl but she wants to leave me but I can't leave. If she hurts me my eyes are filling with tears . I will do many stupid things when she trying to leave. Don't want to eat food or water , trying to hurt myself for reducing my heart pain. I'm I have mental?
I a 20 years female. I sleep more than 12 hours a day. I don't know reason of my oversleep. As I have searches on internet I can't say it as a cause of depression or any alcohol or drug abuse as I am far distant from these things.
From past few months am suffering from severe depression because of it I am not able to sleep and eat properly. I have committed suicide for so many times and I feel like dying every minute.
An addiction is a dependence on a certain substance, activity, or behavior. There are many different types of addictions, including dependencies on over-the-counter (otc) and prescription medications, illegal drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products. Sex addiction is a psychological disorder that involves an unhealthy preoccupation with sexuality or an obsession with sexual activity and/or romantic love.
Sex addiction also is called
Compulsive sexual behavior
The term erotomania is used to describe a delusion (false belief or expectation) of being loved by a particular person.
Sexual addiction usually begins as normal, healthy sexuality; however, sex addicts experience chemical and physical (i. E, physiological) changes in the brain that result in an inability to control sexual urges and behavior. For people who are addicted to sex, sexual desire (arousal) and sexual pleasure often replace close, loving (i. E, intimate) relationships. In many cases, sex addicts use sexual behavior to avoid dealing with painful feelings, such as loneliness, low self-esteem, and fear of rejection.
Differences in the way human sexually is viewed in various cultures, societies, and religions throughout the world make it difficult to develop a universal definition of sex addiction. Therefore, overall incidence and prevalence of the condition is not easy to determine.
Sexual addiction occurs in both men and women. It is diagnosed more often in men, but this may be because women seek treatment for sex addiction less frequently. Sex addiction may be more common today than in the past. This may be related to the widespread availability of the internet, which provides easy access to pornography (i. E, pornographic websites) and opportunities for cybersex (i. E, virtual sexual relationships conducted through computers), and sexual images in the media (e. G, television, movies, music videos).
Sexual addiction can occur in people of any sexual orientation (also called sexual preference). People who have sexual relationships with members of the opposite gender (i. E, heterosexuals), people who have sexual relationships with members of the same gender (i. E, homosexuals), and people who have sex with members of both genders (i. E, bisexuals) may develop an addiction to sex.
I am 45 years old and suffering from Parkinson disease since last 2 years. I have taken treatment from neurologist doctor but no relief. Please guide me.
Hallo Doctor I am ask a question my head is very pain someday. Doctor ask madicen pain killer And our body is very pain.
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head half portion feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year and slow down. My family doctor who is pscytrists suggested me that healthy food (vegetables n fruits) will cure your anxiety. Is he right please help.
For years I have been practicing as a psychotherapist in different parts of the world and what I have noticed is that no matter what kind of relationship or marriage a couple are in, when they end up in my office it's always for the same reason: they want to be happier, healthier and more-connected even though the issues can vary - money, sex, infidelity, in-laws, children etc.
Despite this each relationship is completely subjective and no clear cut rules can be executed on it, yet following certain guidelines may help proceeding happily in a relationship.
If you are struggling in your relationship (and if you are reading this article there is a big chance you are unless you are one of my friends..or both) you might find it helpful to follow some of these ideas:
1. Love yourself - You must love yourself before you can love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy. Accepting yourself fully as you are and showing yourself this same unconditional love will provide protection, healing, and confidence to work on your shortcomings.
2. Adopt a positive lifestyle - There are many different ways in which you can embrace a more positive lifestyle - practice affirmations, express gratitude, meditation, exercise... just find something that helps you unwind and enjoy life. And most importantly - keep doing these things repeatedly.
3. Empathize with your partner - The ability to empathize is what inhibits us from just going through life doing whatever we want, without any regard for others. It is what makes compromise in a relationship possible. If I realize that something I've done has hurt you (because I can empathize with your pain or unhappiness) I will hesitate to do that again.
4. Take responsibility: Don't try to figure out who's right - When couples come for therapy, one or both tend to think that the primary problem is their partner. Both people co-create the climate of the relationship. And both need to do some things differently to create the marriage or relationship they both really want. If your intention is to create a more positive world for yourself and those around you, it's up to you to have the thoughts, moods, and actions that will create that world.
5. Stay connected - When there is distress in the marriage or relationship, one or both usually feel some emotional disconnection. Frequently, sexual passion diminishes as well. (However, sometimes one partner will try to increase frequency of sex in an effort to feel connected.). And often, people will busy themselves with work or kids instead, or do other things to either try to feel connected or to avoid being alone with the person with whom they feel the pain of disconnection
6. Express thoughts, feelings, and wishes - Resentment can build when couples sweep things under the rug, so be vulnerable and don't bury negative feelings, but try to express them in a respectful way.
Opening up to your partner can make you feel vulnerable and exposed, but it is the most important part of an intimate relationship. In Daring Greatly, Dr. Brene Brown defines vulnerability as uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure. Given this definition, the act of loving someone and allowing them to love you may be the ultimate risk. Love is uncertain. It's risky because there are no guarantees and your partner could stop loving you. Exposing your true feelings may mean that you are at a greater risk for being hurt or criticized.
7. Try new things together - Boredom can be a major obstacle to lasting romantic or companionate love.
Psychological research has suggested that couples who experience the most intense love are the ones who enjoy participating in new or challenging 'self-expanding' activities together.
8. Preserve your independence - Dr Perel, in her popular TED talk explains that neediness and caretaking in long-term partnerships - which can easily result from looking to the partnership for safety, security and stability - damper the erotic spark. But if couples can maintain independence and witness each other participating in individual activities at which they're skilled, they can continue to see their partner in an ever-new light.
If after trying the above you are still struggling with your relationship, make sure you go and see a couple therapist.
Two couples talking in one couple's living room...
One says to the other, 'The work being done on your marriage.. are you having it done or are you doing it yourselves?'