Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ekta
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. EktaYour feedback matters!
I have had this pain behind the heel of foot on pressing the area and sometimes on touching or after sitting in a bad posture. Doctor has said it is because of a compressed nerve .and This started last year after I did gym for a month. I am not sure if the compressed nerve is in the ankle/heel or the lower back. Doctor suggested hot bottle on the back. Can you guide me what might the problem exactly be and where and how to recover speedily and how long will it take to recover. I am not showing any other symptoms like numbness or tingling sensation.
Hi am mahira I have back pain very badly since 4 days. N my age was 26. please help me what should I do.
I am suffering from severe peripheral neuropathy for the last 4 months ,My both feet and hands are affected by pain and burning sensation. I am not able to walk properly and there's some swelling in the feet. I have undergone several test including pet scan and MRI, blood tests but no cause is found. M6 blood glucose levels are also normal. Please tell me what to do now for this nerve damage problem. Thanks in advance.
I meet with accident last 4 months back, leg ligament was damaged, now the problem is if I walk continuously walk would be different and if I climb steps the pain will come. I am not able to do kick start on bike. Please suggest the best solution and I need to do any exercises.
I am 66 years old, if I do some physical exercise even walking I get pain in the rib bones on the back and also in the chest ribs. I take rest for 5 minutes I will be normal.
4 days back I had severe pain on my inner part of my thighs. It was the nerve which was paining. Even touching or rubbing the nerve did hurt. I didn't take any scanning or X rays. Now it is all right. What would be the cause. Is there any chances it would happen again.
Hello Doctor, my wife is having pain in back side of neck, back side below neck and shoulders, arms (both) since 6 months. Previously 2 years ago she had done MRI backside and had diagnosed 4.3 Vit D. Had taken injections and it was normal later. Pls. Let me know if I have to visit neurosurgeon or Orthopaedic doc? Anything I can do which can ease pain? Thanks.
I hav back pain wat is the cause of this pain I realy can't sleep at night what to do to reduce this pain.
Disorders that affect the knee like severe arthritis or trauma do not allow you to utilize the full range of motion of your knees. Since you use your affected knees very sparsely, they become stiff and this condition persists even after you have undergone a knee replacement surgery. You can, however, get back the normal range of motion of a healthy knee by doing the following exercises post knee replacement surgery.
- Take a stroll around the house after surgery: Walking helps your knees get back to normalcy. Initially, you need to walk using the support of crutches or canes as instructed by your therapist. Make sure that your heels and toes are perfectly aligned while you walk. Walk for 20 minutes at least twice at the initial stage and increase your pace gradually, so that, eventually you can walk freely without any support.
- Exercises to reduce swelling: Your legs or foot can become inflamed after the operation. This is not an uncommon sight. In order to reduce swelling, you need to lie flat and rest your legs on a stack of pillows, one at a time. While your leg is elevated you can apply a cold compress at the surgical site.
- Pumping exercises: Swelling will be ameliorated and your knees will be revived if you perform ankle pumps and circles. Ankle pumps are done by holding your foot and bending them up and down, whereas, circles are done by moving your feet in a clockwise and an anticlockwise direction. Both these exercises strengthen the knee muscles and reduce swelling.
- Stretching exercises: There are two very effective methods of stretching that you can perform by sitting on a chair. The first exercise involves the placing of your leg on a chair opposite to the one you are sitting on. Put pressure on your knee till you can feel a light stretch at the back of your knee. The second exercise is performed by sitting straight on a chair with the feet touching the ground. You need to push your feet outward and inward as far as possible. These exercises reactivate the motion of the knees.
- Lying kicks: This is an advanced exercise that one must perform post knee replacement surgery after some warm-up exercises like walking, ankle pumps and stretching. You need to lie flat on a mat with a blanket rolled under your knee. Now slowly raise your leg, hands-free, or using your hands. Keep the leg elevated for at least five seconds before bringing it down slowly on the blanket.
Strictly perform these routines regularly and you will start walking in no time following the knee replacement surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!