Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
I am unable to breathe sometimes and I am getting tired easily. I am also having joint pain and bad breathe what should I do?
I am 49 years old & I got ankle injured Before 15 days still there is a pain I can't put my leg in vertical position. Only horizontal position get me relaxed What I can do to get well early What further. Precaution should I take To avoid further damage.?
Sir I am suffering from pain in my knee continuously. There is some cramp sound when I sit and stand. It is from past 6 months. Sir give me the right direction.
She Have a problem on right shoulder She can't up her hands and it cause too much pain how she get rid of this pain?
I am 17 years old boy. I have pain in my shoulders from last 3-4 days. I study late night sitting on chair. I have tried lots of medicine but no held. Please suggest something.
From last 7 days I am suffering from pain in my right shoulder. It had started from a night, during sleep. What medicine should I take? thank you.
Hi sir have back pain I am in prob. Daily hota hai proper so nhi paati kya kru jis se theek hojau btado pls kuch ni kr paarhi bhot dar hai thanks.
My mom is having neck pain and back pain. She got her X-ray scan report saying that" Degenerative changes seen in the form of reduced disc space seen at C6/7 level. What does it mean? What is the treatment for this sickness?
I am 25 years old and someday I am having backache in upper region and gradually it slows down. What could be the reason?
I am 45 years old I do not have any of disease or any other problem please suggest me knee strength exercise.
I'm having severe pain in left side of body from past 6 months pain occurs in left side of head left jaw, neck shoulder blades left hand, sometimes in left breast also, groin region and left leg from thigh to toe pain is becoming worse day by day my USG and x-rays all are normal but still I'm having this pain my back also pain this pain become severe winters my ECG was also normal I have taken physiotherapy but not much improvements tell me the reason and causes and also treatment to cure this pain.
A Tennis elbow is a painful condition that affects the tendons due to a condition known as tendinitis, which causes inflammation. This condition will end up restricting the free movement of the elbow and the arm due to the pain and stiffness that it causes. This is due to the fact that these tendons are the tough band of connective tissues that hold the muscles and the lower arm with the bone. Repeated gripping motions and continued tugging as well as activities like weight lifting, tennis, squash and other like carpentry, painting writing and typing, can lead to this condition.
Here are a few methods of treatment and the questions that revolve around them.
- Do I have to restrict my movements: Yes, when you have tennis elbow, the very first thing you must do is to give rest to the tendons by curbing those activities that have caused the condition or those which can aggravate the pain and stiffness. Lifting heavy objects, gripping things for prolong periods, other physical pursuits like tennis and other games and more will need to stop so that you do not stretch, strain or pull the tissue.
- Can I take pain killers: Yes, you can take pain killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen in case the pain is unbearable? Always ensure that an orthopaedic specialist takes a look at your arm before prescribing the medicines to you.
- Is an ice compress good for this pain: You can use the RICE method for acute pain that is less than 72 hours old. For more persistent pain, you must see a doctor. The RICE method refers to Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. In this method, you can keep your arm elevated and give it rest. You can also use an ice compress and keep it tightly wound with an elastic bandage so as to avoid swelling.
- Can I take injections for this condition: Corticosteroid injections may be used for very severe cases. This contains the cortisol hormone and can give good results in the short run.
- Are there any non invasive methods for treatment: You can try non-invasive procedures like shock wave therapy which will help in fixing the pain and promote motion gradually. This procedure is usually conducted with the help of shock waves that are passed to the skin.
- Is exercising a complete no no: In this case, many orthopaedic surgeons and doctors will ask you to go through physiotherapy so that you can get used to movements and motion after prolonged pain. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles of the area.
Talk to your doctor if the pain is particularly debilitating and discuss surgery for the same.