Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Egbert SaldanhaYour feedback matters!
Mam/sir, Yesterday i.e 19/4/17 I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend in the afternoon by 12/1 pm. Later drank an vodka /alcoholic cocktail. And night around 8 pm took an ipill. Immediately after taking the pill I vomited completely. I have a doubt that I vomited the tablet also as I do not remember what happened last night. So my boyfriend suggested me to take another ipill tomorrow morning as I might have vomited the first pill. But im scared to take the second tablet so soon fearing the side effects. So kindly suggest me if I should take another tablet tomorrow i.e 21/4/17.
Hi, I am male 29 years old My wife's water broke on 01/08/2016. We did scanning on 03/08/2016. The doctor told that labor will start soon. The water was blowing every day. We waited till 10/08/2016. A slight pain started in her back on 11/08/2016. We rushed to hospital. After 3 hours we had a still born baby. He was our first baby, a boy. We are very upset. The weight of the child was 3.5 kg. We want to know the reason of death of my baby. How can I expect a healthy baby next time. And what are chances to repeat it again?
It's anything, but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. In case you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy, at the time of a late period, it may be the case that or one of numerous different conceivable outcomes.
Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- Preganancy: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- Stress: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and non-essential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- Excessive exercise: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- Illness: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- Weight: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
We are trying to conceive from past 3-4 months. But not able to. The periods are normal. The timing of having intercourse is also probably correct. What might be the reason? This time we had used the OPK to check. We checked the OPK on 15th day of first day of period and we saw two pink lines. And we had relationship that day. We also had intercourse after two days and third day. Also we had intercourse four days before we did the test. The day on which we saw two pink lines on ovulation kit the insertion and ejaculation was proper. Second and third day after the ovulation test positive the insertion I think was not proper and may be I dropped the semen at the opening itself. Pls help and thanks a lot in advance.
I have PCOD. I didn't get my periods for 2months and then I got for next month without any medication. I'm gaining weight from last 2mnth nearly 3 kgs .As of now I'm doing walking for half an hour. Please suggest me on how to reduce weight and cure PCOD. I do get small acnes which is not at all getting cured because of which my skin never looks clear .So please suggest any remedy for this.
I am having irregular period. Infact now its second month over. Please suggest a solution I am 39 years old.
Sir/mam. I'm am 4 months pregnant. All scan is well and good. Baby growth also finds good. Yesterday day I went to check up the same result exist. But from today morning I found little brown bleed while urinate. I have consulted with my doctor through phone. She advised to take sylate 500 mg. My question is 1.reason for bleeding? And is this quite common. 2.is sylate 500 mg safe at this time 3.felling pain in my lower abdomen.
I ws not having periods frm 3 months den I took meprate for 5 days nd within 7 days last months I got my periods nd bt dis month still now I did not get periods. A suggested suggested me to take evecare once in a day for 1 month bt I took it only for 5 days. What shall I do now? Should I start to take evecare again?
Muje period me jyada blooding and pain hota h din me 4 pad change karne padte he. please koi upay bataye
Dear doctor, she got a problem with missed abortion on dec 2015, and she got ectopic pregnancy on 2010, still no pregnancy, let me know the chances of pregnancy, we are in vizag location, please advise.
I am 30 years old female mother of 2 kids I had delivered 7 months back and I am breastfeeding my baby till now. I have still not got my periods n I feel that I am pregnant again however I have not done any home test is there any chances of pregnancy with breastfeeding?
Back pain is one of the most common debilitating disorder in the world today. The pain affects 90% of people at some point of their lives. Human back comprises of various structures (see figure) which are nerves, bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons, any or all of which can be a source of pain. Once back pain occurs, it may become chronic (more than 4 weeks) and you shall need to consult a pain physician for relief and accurate diagnosis.
Since prevention is always better than cure, you can save yourself from having back pain if you follow these basic tips:
Regular Exercise in Correct Form: Regular exercise is important to maintain proper muscular strength of the back. Human back is supported by several big muscle groups (see figure). They serve two functions - one is to facilitate the posture and movements of the back itself and the other is to help movements of the rest of the body appendages (arms, head, pelvis and legs).The health of these muscle group is important to take stress off the spinal bones and maintain proper function. Most of these muscles are red muscle fibers as they need to maintain their activity for prolonged periods of time. Just to give you an idea - your biceps (arm muscles) have to work only when you bend your arm. But your back muscles have to function all the time - whether you sit, walk, stand or even sleep. But the point is what kind of exercises are good for your back? The best exercises for back include body weight low impact aerobics like brisk walking, swimming, stationary bicycling, extension exercises and yoga. What is important to remember while doing these exercises if that you need to be gentle in your movements and achieve correct "form" - this is possible if you can ask someone (preferably a trainer) to observe and point out whether the back stays straight during the exercise. It has been seen that arching and excessive bending is associated with injury to the back while exercising.
Stay Hydrated and Eat Natural Nutritious diet:The inter vertebral discs contain 70 - 80% water. The muscles and tissues have 60% water content. Therefore, it is important to stay hydrated. In addition, you must eat a nutritious diet consisting of green leafy vegetables, good protein source and just enough carbohydrates. Deficiencies of essential nutrients like Vitamin D can result in diseases like osteoporosis. Another important aspect is to maintain body weight within healthy limits. This is very important as increased belly fat is linked to increased back pain due to mechanical factors.
Lift objects correctly and maintain proper posture: While lifting objects, keep them as close to body as possible. Do not slouch or bend excessively while lifting. Just keep your back straight at all times. You may bend your knees a little if required (see figure). Think before you lift and get help if needed.
While working, you must not sit for more than 45 minutes at a stretch. Walk for two minutes, go to a colleague's desk and say hi or even just drink some water or visit the washroom. Humans evolved as hunter - gatherers and our bodies are more adapted to walking / standing than to sitting for prolonged periods. Those of you who travel more and have to sit for long periods of time also need to follow above tips - avoid prolonged sitting in same posture.While exercising, improper position can do more harm than good. Therefore, proper form and posture is a must.
Bonus tip: Avoid cigarette smoking and those who smoke cigarettes to decrease your chances of having degenerative disc diseases leading to chronic back pain early in life.
Word of caution to prevent permanent damage: In case of back pain, which is not responding to home remedies or over the counter painkillers, please contact a Pain Physician to pinpoint the diagnosis and appropriate management.
Last month I got my menstrual cycle on time. This month there is no sign of getting it till yet. It has been delayed by 2 weeks till now. What should I do?
Sir, on 05.08.16 my wife started his regular bleeding period but it not stop till today. I consult with a doctor he gives some medicine but its work nothing. Please help me.
I have 2 time miscarriage And now last 7 months I tried to get pregnant but can not What should we do now.
कैम्फ़ॅ को सिनामोमम कैम्फोरा पेड़ से निकाला जाता है जो कि मुख्य रूप से वियतनाम, चीन और जापान में उगाया जाता है। यह भारत में कपूर के रूप में भी जाना जाता है और मुख्य रूप से पूजा के प्रयोजन के लिए इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. यह ऊनी कपड़े में भी रखा जाता है ताकि कपड़े की कीट को दूर रखा जा सके। कपूर आदर्श रूप से अपने चिकित्सीय गुणों के लिए जाना जाता है और सदियों से उपयोग किया गया है।
कपूर के तेल के विभिन्न घटक पिनने, कैम्पेन, बी-पिनन, सबिनें, फेललैंडीन, लिमोनिन, 1,8-सिनेलाइन, वाई-टेरपिनीन, पी-सिंबेन, टेरपीनोलिन, फुरफ्यूरल, कैम्फोर, लिनलुल, बोर्निल एसीटेट, टेरपीनन -4-ओल, कैरियोफिलीन, बोर्नियोल, पीपरियोथोन , गेरानिनोल, सफेल, सिनामाल्डिहाइड, मिथाइल सिन्नमेट, यूगेनॉल हैं।
कपूर के लाभ
1. त्वचा पर खुजली और जलन के लिए: शांत और सुगंधित कपूर का उपयोग त्वचा की खुजली और जलन को कम करने के लिए किया जा सकता है। प्रभावित क्षेत्रों पर लगाने से, कपूर में मिश्रित तंत्रिका अंत को सक्रिय करता है, और यह एक सुखदायक सनसनी पैदा करता है। कपूर का उपयोग मामूली जलने के इलाज के रूप में भी किया जा सकता है और जले के निशान को हटाने के लिए नियोजित किया जा सकता है।
2. मुँहासे का इलाज: यह यौगिक मुँहासे के लिए एक उत्कृष्ट उपाय माना जाता है क्योंकि यह लाली और जलन को कम करता है।
3. नाखूनों में कवक का इलाज: कपूर का पेस्ट का उपयोग करके अपने नाखूनों में कवक की वृद्धि को कम कर सकते हैं। नाखून कवक जिद्दी हो सकती है और पुनरावृत्ति की प्रवृत्ति है। यह कवक की वापसी की संभावना भी कम करता है।
4. फटी एड़ियां ठीक करने के लिये: फटी एड़ियों से राहत के लिए, आपको अपने पैरों को कपूर और पानी के घोल में भिगोना चाहिए और फिर पैरों को साफ़ करना चाहिए। इसके बाद, आप उन पर क्रीम, मॉइस्चराइज़र या पेट्रोलियम जेली लागू कर सकते हैं। यह आपकी त्वचा को नम बनाए रखेगी और दरारें होने से रोकेंगी।
5. स्वस्थ, मजबूत और सुंदर बालों के लिए: कपूर का तेल बाल की जड़ों को फिर से सशक्त कर सकता है। कपूर के तेल अंडे या दही के साथ बालों को बहुत आवश्यक पोषक तत्वों की आपूर्ति कर सकता है। जब कपूर के तेल को लैवेंडर और कैमोमाइल जैसे आवश्यक तेलों के साथ जोड़ा जाता है, तो यह बाल विकास को बढ़ावा दे सकता है। कपूर के तेल का आवधिक उपयोग बालों की बनावट को नरम बनाने और बालों के झड़ने से लड़ने में सुधार कर सकता है।
6. गर्भवती महिलाओं के लिए: गर्भवती के पेट पर हल्के ढंग से मलाई करने से दर्द कम हो जाता है और मांसपेशियों की ऐंठन से मुक्ति मिल जाती है।
7. विंसकुलन के लिए: कपूर के तेल की शक्ति और सुस्त सुगंध एक अच्छा डिकॉन्गेंस्टेंट हो सकता है। यह तुरंत नाक और फेफड़ों के जमाव को कम कर सकता है।
8. तंत्रिकाशूलरोधी: न्यूरलिया एक गंभीर दर्दनाक स्थिति है जिसमें आसपास के रक्त वाहिकाओं के सूजन के कारण नौवीं कपाल तंत्रिका पर प्रभाव पड़ता है। कपूर के तेल से इसका भी इलाज किया जा सकता है। यह तेल रक्त वाहिकाओं के संकुचन का कारण बन सकता है, जिससे नौवीं कपाल तंत्रिका पर दबाव कम हो सकता है।
9. एक कामोद्दीपक के रूप में: कपूर के तेल का सेवन, मस्तिष्क के उन भागों को उत्तेजित करके कामेच्छा को बढ़ाता है जो यौन इच्छाओं और आग्रह के लिए जिम्मेदार हैं। यह एक शक्तिशाली उत्तेजक है, इसलिए बाहरी रूप से लागू होने पर, यह प्रभावित भागों में रक्त परिसंचरण बढ़ाकर सीधा होने की समस्या का इलाज करने में मदद करता है।
10. एक शामक के रूप में: कपूर का तेल शरीर और मन को आराम देने में मदद कर सकता है। नहाने के पानी के साथ मिश्रित होने पर यह एक कायाकल्प प्रभाव प्रदान करता है।