Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Egbert SaldanhaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am having mild pain in my lower abdomen since the last ten days and also had slight breast tenderness few days back which has now disappeared. Also feeling tired and my legs get numb at times. I have been trying to conceive, so please can you help me understand if these could be signs of pregnancy or something else that should be worried about. My period date is 5th July with a cycle of 30 days. Thanks a lot and anticipating a response soon.
In my urine culture report a minimul growth of klebsiela pneumoniae colony count 5000 CFU/ml found is it worrisome since I m already have problem in penis as one nurve has become prominent can be seen little bit pain.Doctor informed about test and till the time given an medicine to apply thrombophobe.
I am 26 years old married trying to conceive this month my ovulation was on 12 the Oct after that day I am feeling too much of heat and feverish and feeling hot near abdomen area.
My girlfriend had her last mc on 15th july onwards. On 23rd we engaged into foreplay where I rubbed my NAKED genital against hers. But she had her underwear on. I did not ejaculate. Today is 15th august and she still has not got her periods. We are extremely tensed. What could be the reason of not going the periods?
I am for 28 years old after delivery my weight increse day to days specially tummy fats please tell me some tips or medicice. For example my question is how to decrese tummy fat after delivery?
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.
Hello doctor I am taking birth control pill regularly. And I know it has many more side effects but I want to continue that pill and I.e unwanted 21. Is it create any serious health issue. If it is then please let me know what to do? I have to change my medicine or any thing else which may resolve my problems contaminated that problem and everything will be all right.
I am 18yo girl weighing 61kgs and I have recently recovered from mdr t. B. (which reoccured within a span of 3 months due to incomplete medicine) should I take extra precautions on my diet & health? and also I am suffering from pcos and my doctor says that I should lose weight. Is there any way to lose weight and still not get prone to further t. B. Attacks?
Hi, I am 32 years old and pregnant by 14 weeks. I am the patient of migraine and suffering from severe migraine for last 2 months. It gets over for a day or half after every 10-15 days but then again come back on the very next day. My gynecologist has only suggested me to have crocin advance in this condition. Can someone help me to get the medicine which can be taken while pregnancy in migraine. Also I have the case if low lying placenta and have allergic to BRUFEN salts.
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case antidepressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.