Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Egbert Saldanha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Egbert SaldanhaYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I had my last cycle on 12 June. Now, in July there is continuous brown discharge since 10 July. Is there anything serious. I also have PCOS. But I am not taking any medicines right now. Kindly revert as soon as possible.
I have abnormal vaginal discharge problem give me suggestion to get rid of this problem. And every time mind is going towards sleeping give me suggestion that I will sleep less.
Sir I was asked question. Iam 35 years my blood group b.Negative.I have no children's I have two oboration sstill I have no childrens.I have testing all hormones test s.But no reasons all reports are normal.Docter hcg test.And antibodies test.Hormones tests also but all tests are normal. Ofter secand aboration docter giving anti d injection. Now I take to treatment in two years but no.Conceive.Still two months back docter giving iui treatment. But no conceive.Please sir I to I get pregnant.
My wife height is 5 feet 2 inch and how much deep she has vaginal canal and my penis size is 5 to 6 inch so could I target a spot and deep spot of my wife.
I am 24 years old. I took regestrone tablet to delay my period. I had sex one day during medication. But we were taking precaution. But now that I've stopped taking that medicine, I have delayed period. What should I do? Is there any case of me getting pregnant?
I am 22 year old. I am having itching in my vaginal region from 10 days. Please suggest something to cure this problem.
It's anything, but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. In case you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy, at the time of a late period, it may be the case that or one of numerous different conceivable outcomes.
Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- Preganancy: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- Stress: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and non-essential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- Excessive exercise: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- Illness: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- Weight: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.