Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DuuptiYour feedback matters!
Bakery Bread is calorie bomb:
The starches in bread get broken down quickly in the digestive tract and enter the bloodstream as glucose.
White bread has high glycemic index because it's made from refined grains that are rapidly absorbed during digestion, causing sharp spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels and increases risk for weight gain, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and heart disease.
Even whole wheat bread spikes blood sugar faster than many candy bars!
When blood sugar goes up rapidly, it tends to go down just as quickly. When blood sugar goes down, we become hungry.
Bread contains lots of Gluten
Wheat contains a large amount of a protein called gluten. Gluten is a troublesome protein that appears to be doing more damage to our health than we initially thought. This protein has glue-like properties (hence the name gluten) responsible for dough’s viscoelastic properties.
This is found in traces in wheat, barley, and rye — pretty much any bread or pasta product has it. (Rice and corn are absolutely free from it)
It is believed that 30-50% or more of the population is gluten sensitive, thus are deteriorating their health by eating wheat.
Side effects of gluten
Low Nutrient Absorption
The only way to really know if you’re gluten sensitive is to remove gluten from your diet for 30 days and then reintroduce it and see whether it affects you.
Bread contains anti-nutrient substances
Most bread also contains the “anti-nutrient” phytic acid.
Phytic acid is a molecule that strongly binds essential minerals like calcium, iron and zinc, preventing them from being absorbed. This aggravates vitamin D deficiency.
Bread is extremely low in essential nutrients
There is NO nutrient in bread that you can’t get from other foods in even greater amounts.
Here are some other statistics about the huge loss of nutrients when white bread is made:
About 50% of all calcium is lost
70% of phosphorus
80% of iron
98% of magnesium
75% of manganese
50% of potassium and
65% of copper is destroyed when white bread is made.
80% of thiamin, 60% of riboflavin, 75% of niacin, 50% of pantothenic acid.
About 50% of Pyridoxine is also lost.
Bread raises the bad cholestrol
What this means is that whole wheat significantly harms blood lipids and may drastically raise risk of heart disease.
Myth: whole wheat is healthy
Whole Wheat is Just “Less Bad” Than Refined Wheat
It’s like comparing unfiltered cigarettes to filtered cigarettes. Filtered cigarettes are less harmful, but that does not make them healthy.
The ‘SAID’ healthy bread is also very rich in phytic acid.
Bleaching process ads toxins to the flour which may lead to cancer
The flour that is made into white bread is bleached with benzoyl peroxide. The bleaching process does nothing to clean the flour. It has no purpose other than to make the product more visually appealing, so that consumers will be more likely to purchase it. In the process, benzoyl peroxide creates free radicals and benzoic acid. Free radical species are well known to contribute to DNA damage and aging, and benzoic acid can cause contact irritation, discomfort, weakness, and malaise. When ingested, the agent can cause headache, nervousness, nausea, and vomiting.
In addition to the health effects mentioned above, benzoic acid also contributes to the destruction of beneficial intestinal bacteria. This increases chances of colon carcinoma.
Evils together- ketchup, jam and butter
Most common companions of bread are butter, jam and sauce/ketchup
Jam – High sugarà High glycemic index à Diabetes
Butter – High in saturated fatty acid. Main cause of heart diseases.
Ketchup – High acetic acid content – causes acidity, electrolyte imbalance.
High salt à High blood pressure.
>80 % part of catch up is non-nutritious.
I have a period disorder from long time take they r not come on time what should I do to make them properly.
Gur(jaggery) is better than sugar and fresh cane juice if mixed with lemon juice and ginger juice kills most of the germs in case the roadside machine is carrying some germs. Cane juice is cheap, full of vitamins and minerals and can be taken by all classes of people by people of all age groups.
Go Desi, say No to MNC packed cold drinks and say Yes to Make in India while getting nourishment of canes grown by our farmers.
Look for the following signs:
1. A breast lump or thickening of breast.
2. Dimpling of the breast skin.
3. Change in the colour or texture of the breast skin.
4. Change in the appearance of nipple (inverted nipple)
5. Fluid or discharge of blood from the nipple.
6. Redness or pitting of breasts.
7. Change in the size and shape of breast.
How much it cost to consult a Dr. for mtp or for a surgical abortion. and is it safe to have mtp at the age of 18 due to a mistake happened.
M trying to conceive from last 4 months. My periods are regular. My reports are normal but still not able to conceive this month too. What should I do?
I am nikita and I got heavy flows after 3 days, my periods got finished . Today is sixth consecutive day I am having bleeding. Is this a major problem?
I am 24 years old and my left breast has grown bigger than the right one and falls down too. I am not on any sort of pills and my periods are getting late every month by an addition of 7-10 days. What should I do?
Hello Sir/Madam, I am 21 years old (Male, one year back a small lump has been formed inside my right breast under aerola nd with medications it has vanished. And now the same thing started in left breast and I'm very much worried about it. When I tough it pains a lot. Its deviating my concentration and now I'm under medications. I don't know why it is happening. My thoughts are always on it and it I'm getting depressed with it. Im not knowing what to do can you help me? I mean why this occurs nd Doctor prescribed me antibiotic (TAXIM-O CV 200, pain killer (LYSER FORTE) and a vitamin tablet (EVION LC). Are these medications are enough? or else any further examinations are needed? please prescribe me The lump is of small size slightly hard under aerola.
My doctor suggest to take ccq 100 mg 2 to 6 days. Meprate 18 to 27 10 mg one tablet per day. Am trying to get pregnant for 1 year. My periods regular. 28 days. Now am 31 day. When to take pregnancy test? Am I pregnant?
In pregnancy scanning report there is many measurement like :- BPD HC AC FL FHR EFW AFI GA CLR What all these indicates?
Dear Dr. My wife is pregnant from last 13 weeks and she has abdominal pain most of time specially just after sometime when she go for toilet She is sensitive to almost antibiotics and pain killer drugs Now pls help me and suggested some ways.
I m 25 year old married my periods date is 27 means today and me and my husband just plan for baby on date 20 to 24 but my periods start today I want a reason why its a wrong day or I have some prob please clear me getting tense and please guide me to plan a baby in right time.
Me and my husband planning for baby. Before my ovulation day we tried 4 continuous days. Aftr 3 days only I feel like vomiting. Is this sign of pregnancy. Also we would like to know is there any harm in this bcoz we tried 4 days continuously before my ovulation day. Does it affects sperm count.
Hi doc, I am 28 year old woman, I m suffering from vaginal infection from last 6 months please suggest me home remedies for the problem as I m planning for my baby I can't take anti biotic and I want to know if I got pregnant and the infection still exist can it affect my baby. I m very afraid, please help me.
I got periods on 24th nov and again I got bleeding after 15 days for some time. It was not a regular period.
Hi I am 24 years female height 5.4 weight 65 kgs I look healthy I want to put down five kgs, please advice me a diet plan for a month. Please help me with the tips to keep myself motivated for this plan I am very foodie. Thank you.
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegel: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegel: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.