Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dusyanth BarfiwalaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years girl, Before a week from my period n after dat my sex feeling are very high I feel very aroused cnt cntrl myself evrytym n I start doing fingering ,still I sleep unsatisfied, but m unmarried girl so what to do, I really wanted a hard core sex during dat tym, is dis good signal or bad.
My delivery is done 3 days ago. It is Cesarean delivery. But after 2 days my bleeding is stop completely. What to do for that? My stomach is also going fatty day by day.
Hi I am 25 year old .I got married a month ago. I want to reduce weight have pcod.Can anyone guide for weight loss ?
I am 40 years female. Last 15 years my problem white lecorya, we are take all treatment but my problem no slove. So please help me. Thanks & regards
I took i-pill on 11th august. Now I started to bleed on 30th august. Am I need to do pregnancy test still or I am not pregnant for sure?
Can pregnant woman have mango? It is a general conception that eating mangoes raise the body temperature and it is not good for the little one. My wife is in her 3rd month and I would like to know if eating mango is safe for her.
I am 21 years old and suffer from PCOD since the past 5 years. Recently my cycles stopped for 6 months .i was put on pills which I took for almost a year. Then I stopped taking it ,after that I had periods normally without pills for 2 months. Now again it is irregular. What should I take to have regular periods? I have no serious weight gain issue but have acne (hormonal)
Sir, We r married 2011 may 11th. But we have no children. My wife's period problem. No right TM period. Pls sir suggestions me. But you suggest only 4 Hindi.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.
Kegel exercises are simple contraction-and-relaxation exercises that make the pelvic muscles stronger. The pelvis area holds a person's genitalia, which contains a series of muscles and tissues that work in coordination and combination to perform sexual and bowel functions. A set of weak pelvic muscles would lead to issues such as the inability to control bladder and bowel functions.
Finding the right muscles can be troubling. An easy way to locate these muscles would be to place a clean finger inside the vagina and tighten the vaginal muscles around it. Another way would be to stop urinating mid-flow. This is because the pelvic muscles, which pertain to sex, help to control this action too. Once a woman finds the right muscles, all she has to do is to contract and relax them periodically.
Kegel exercises are highly beneficial for sexual functions in a number of ways. Some of the benefits include:
- Kegel exercises help to control stress incontinence, which is a condition that causes spontaneous discharge of urine when abdominal pressure increases suddenly. This means a person would leak urine when he/she laughs, coughs, jogs, sneeze or lifts anything weighty.
- Kegel exercises also help to prevent urge incontinence, which has been described as a sudden and strong urge to urinate. In a healthy bladder, the muscles remain relaxed as the bladder progressively fills up. As the bladder finally fills up, a person gets the urge to urinate. In case one has urge incontinence, the bladder might feel full even if it is not. Kegel exercises help to strengthen these muscles and recover control.
- Kegel exercises can be particularly helpful after childbirth. This is so because pelvic muscles stretch and weaken during childbirth, which can cause problems such as urinary incontinence and can also cause the muscles to sag. In these cases, Kegel exercises are helpful.