Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dusyanth BarfiwalaYour feedback matters!
It is one of the most common expressions around, 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. As apples have properties that no other natural product or fruit has and its advantages have been demonstrated over time.
It is possible to get these benefits from different other fruits, however; an apple combines everything and makes it easier. It has been proved again and again that if it is not straightforward, simple and quick, individuals will not deal with their well-being. Hence, here is a very simple way to be healthy. This is how an apple tends to keep the doctor away:
- Apples contain Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps protect your immune system. Many individuals who need Vitamin C in their diet have poor healing and tend to get injured effortlessly. Apple contains vitamin C in abundance and hence, are of great help.
- Prevent heart diseases: The reason it can prevent both coronary illness and cardiovascular diseases is because apples are rich in flavonoid. Flavonoids are additionally known for their cancer prevention qualities.
- Low in calories: A normal sized apple has between seventy to hundred calories. Eating an apple when craving sweet or chocolate can make the craving vanish since apple itself contains sugar, yet gives you just one-quarter of the calories.
- Pectin: Pectin is a type of dissolvable fibre that brings down both pulse and glucose levels. It can likewise bring down the levels of LDL, which is the bad cholesterol in the body. Pectin, as different types of fibre, keeps up the strength of the digestive system. Apples are a fantastic source of pectin.
- Boron: A supplement found in abundance in apples, boron strengthens solid bones and a sound brain.
- Phenols: Apples contain phenols, which affect cholesterol. It decreases the bad cholesterol and builds up the good cholesterol. They keep LDL cholesterol from transforming into oxidised LDL, an extremely risky type of cholesterol, which can be destructive.
- Avoids tooth decay: Tooth decay is a contamination that truly harms the structure of your teeth, which is formed because of bacteria. The juice of the apples has properties that can kill up to eighty percent of those bacteria.
- Shields your brain from infection: This is something many individuals do not have the foggiest idea about. When you consider that your brain makes you the person you are, it gives you a rational point of view. Apple has substances called phytonutrients and these phytonutrients prevent neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinsonis.
- Healthier lungs: People who eat five apples or more every week have brought down their respiratory problems like asthma.
- Forestall Cancer: Cancer tends to form in different areas and organs of the body and spreads later on. Apples focus on different tumours, for example, colon growth, prostate disease and breast cancer in ladies. Hence, its positive effects are not just limited to one type of cancer.
So grab an apple right away! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife she is pregnant one month has completed we didn't need baby can you suggest medicine for that.
I am 6 week pregnant sometime I have fast heart beat palpitation this is normal in pregnancy or any problem?
I'm in 3rd Mnth 12th week) pregnancy my weight was 59 b4 2mnth but now it got 57 kg also m not at all hungry you cnt have food which I usually take before their is no nausea and vomiting though I puked 4-5 times in 2nd month still I want to know is it a matter of concern n how I increase my appetite as I always feel like m full, n now It taking me to some stress.
The manufacturers are producing breakfast cereals as per the consumer’s preference, but at the cost of their health.
Many cereals are high in sugar and refined carbs. Added sugar is a bad component of our modern diet and most of the sugar coming in our diet reaches through processed foods, of which breakfast cereals contain relatively higher amounts of sugar.
Avoid cereals high in sugar and carbohydrates. This will be a healthy option, with lots of dietary fibres, minus the unwanted components like sugars, thereby ensuring a nutritious breakfast for you and your family.
I like to have sex with my wife always and we are having the sexual three times a day some times and weekly 10 times we are doing and she like too and the problem is she is still not get pregnant and I do not know and becoz my wife had a treatment before when his ex husband and her ex husband not able to give birth to give a baby and she gone to treatment before and now a days they are separated and I married with her and AI treatment she is done before and now I done many times but she is not get pregnant and she is getting irregular periods too and now what I should for this and make my wife as to get pregnant.
My girlfriend had periods on 17 /6/16 its due to 2 dosage of unwanted 72 now she has vomiting and nausea ,back pain we had sex after 15 days of her periods with condom .Is she pregnant because she has symptoms like that as said above.
I had sex with my gf without condom. Always I was ejaculating outside but today by mistake I think little bit I ejaculated inside. What to do and how to confirm whether she will get pregnant. Actually she was having period this time only as last mensuration cycle was 27 april but this time it got delayed. Will this also lead that she will not get pregnant.
What is a better way to have safe sex. What is the better position to have sex how can we know that the women is ready to have sex how can I seduce a women to have sex . Without difficulty.
My sister is 49 year old lady and she is having swelling in right leg and bleeding is very high during periods and after periodsWhat is the reason? kindly advice.
Past seven months my daughter is suffering from heavy periods continuously. Latest ultrasound suggests enlarged ovaries and pcod. She has been suffering heavy and irregular periods since last 10 years which could only be stopped with hormonal help. Previous reports suggested small fibroids and endometrial hyperplasia. She has taken ayurvedic treatment from last one year. Latest report is not mentioning fibroid or endometrial hyperplasia but bleeding is continuing. We do want to go for allopathy treatment. Ayurvedic doctor suggested amycordial+amreeplus for this. What should she do kindly suggest? KINDLY DONT UPLOAD THIS ON WEBSITE.
Pregnancy can be a tricky time for most women, although it is not a pathological condition. One must be prepared for pregnancy with the best of health in the pre pregnancy period. This also includes women who are suffering from diabetes. The complications during pregnancy and delivery increase manifold if one has not controlled the glucose and blood sugar levels before getting pregnant. So read on to know more about coping with pregnancy if you happen to have diabetes.
Complications: Pregnancy with diabetes can cause severe complications if the blood sugar levels are not controlled properly before pregnancy. This can cause the diabetes to become even worse in the long run, with the onset of various other related ailments like kidney disease, heart disease, eye problems and more. It can also increase the risk of premature delivery, and too much birth weight of the baby as well as low glucose levels right after the baby’s birth. Further, one can also lose the baby to a miscarriage due to excessively high blood sugar levels. This can also affect the glucose and blood sugar level of the baby as the glucose passes through the body.
Related conditions: If you happen to have high blood sugar levels, then you and your baby can get affected in an adverse way. To begin with, you may come down with severe depression regarding how you will be able to manage your diabetes and pregnancy together, and also due to the implications of the condition after the birth of the baby. It can also cause a condition called Preeclampsia in which the pregnant woman’s blood pressure becomes high and too much protein starts to pass from the urine, which can also result in frequent urination and life threatening defects and problems for you and the baby. In such cases, you will have to be hospitalised and the baby will need to be delivered via a C section or a Caesarean Section.
Planning ahead: If you know that you are trying to conceive, the best way is to be fully prepared well in advance. This includes planning ahead for managing the blood sugar levels and keeping the risk of other ailments at bay. You can start by losing excessive weight and seek treatment to bring down the blood sugar levels. Exercising and watching your diet are also some good ways to ensure that your Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes is in control.
Medical Team: It is pertinent to be in touch with your medical team on a constant basis. This team should include the obstetrician and gynaecologist as well as your regular doctor to whom you can report any changes.
Keep health close to your heart when you are pregnant by taking care of all existing ailments.
Hii I am 8 month pregnant and suffering from white discharge and the discharge is going thick that is affected to baby or not.
What do I do if I am sexually active and have missed my periods?
When you miss your periods and are sexually active, the first thought that comes to mind is that of a pregnancy. A simple pregnancy test should be done with the help of commercially available test strips. One simply needs to add three drops of urine in the well provided on the kit. A single line means there is no detectable pregnancy as yet and two lines means that you are pregnant. At times one line is faint and the other dark. In such a situation, it is best to get in touch with your doctor to decide the best option available to you.
It is advisable to check the expiry date of the strip before use and to preferably use the first urine in the morning as it is the most concentrated urine sample of the day. If you are unable to do the test early morning then any urine sample would do but if the test is negative, please make sure that you repeat the test after 24-28 hours.
If you are very stressed about the reliability of the pregnancy kit, you can go for a blood test for pregnancy which is 100 percent accurate and also tells us about the approximate time ultrasound scan should be performed to check the baby's position in the uterus.
There could be many other reasons for missing the periods besides pregnancy and these are PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), use of an emergency contraceptive pill (like I-pill), ovarian cyst, stress, extensive travelling, medical diseases like tuberculosis and hormonal imbalances specially of thyroid to name a few.
Whatever be the reason for missed and overdue periods, one should still rule out pregnancy as you could still be pregnant even with all the above mentioned conditions.
Every woman should know how to keep a period calendar so that she knows when her cycle has gone overdue. Many a times it is a false alarm and the periods are actually on time.
We had a baby after segerion 3 months ago. Now she is feeling continuous weakness, backpain and the most important itching in vaginal area for more than one month. Doctors prescribed her many creams but these are not effective.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.