Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Since last few months I noticed that one eye of my 5 years old daughter is having squint. Does this require surgery or is curable with medication.
Sir I am use my computer for my personal work and also I am software developer and 12-13 hours sit in front of computer so can you suggest some tips to avoid eye infection?
Hello sir, mam Myself Isha, I am 28 years old, I was diagnosed with poor eyesightness for both the eyes. RIGHT EYE=DV- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH=-0.5, CYL for both the eyes. RIGHT EYE=DV- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH=-0.5, CYL=-1.25, AXIS=105. Doctor suggested me to take GLOEYE tablet's .Will this tablet's improve my poor vision? What I can do now? Is my eye problem is really very serious? How I can improve my vision? Please suggest Thank you.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.
I have a problem in my eyes and now a days I am using spectacles but it is not comfortable for me so please can you help me in this?
Actually I Have Been Watching Tv And Mobile Late Night. So I Eyes Have Darkcircle And Has Goes Inside. So What Can I Do To Make My Eyes Proper!
I have sight problem in my left eye, right eye have normal power. What is better treatment for me instead of specs.
Hello everyone: I know this is something all of us have dealt with at one time or another, but I just wanted to see what your coping mechanisms are and maybe someone can talk me off the ledge?:-) Last month, I started having right-side flank pain and now I have pain/burning below my right rib,
I have too much work that involves using laptop continuously for hours, What to do to avoid sore eyes ?
LASIK is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision.
- No need of glasses: You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
- Goodbye contact lenses: LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.
- Quick results and recovery: This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
- Improved vision: A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
- Long- lasting outcomes: A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.