Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bhandup west Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhesh JagtapYour feedback matters!
I have gastric problem since 2 year, but I did not cure this well, now I have pain, what should I do? Which medicine you would prescribe?
Hi dear sir, mam I have a really big issues about my health. My body is so thin. That's why I am looking so bad. I need a good food charts or died charts.
Why my wife can't able to discharge ovam after 30min of foreplay and she is getting week. And she is not getting in mood to have sex. What will I do please help me. We are newly married couple.
Protein supplements cannot hurt, right? We know you have questions about the efficacy and safety of protein supplementation and we are going to answer all your concerns right here. People all around the world spend billions of dollars on sports nutrition and protein supplements that can enhance their athletic performance and improve their looks. These supplements usually consist of whey, casein, soy, egg albumin, brown rice, cow milk, wheat, beef, pea, hemp, etc. and are available as ready-to-drink shakes, bars, gels and powders in a variety of flavours.
How are protein supplements good?
- Proteins are good for health as they help build muscle. They improve immune function too.
- Furthermore, protein may also help reduce blood pressure.
- Research has proved beyond a doubt that higher protein intake may help manage normal blood pressure and prevent complications due to hypertension.
- Consuming enough soy protein is also beneficial to cardiovascular health as it lowers triglyceride levels and LDL cholesterol levels. It also increases HDL levels.
Whey protein reduces obesity and enhances immunity as well as anti-oxidant activity. It also lowers blood glucose levels. Remember, training while taking whey supplements can enhance lean body mass, strength, and muscle size as whey is a complete protein containing all nine of the amino acids. Thus, these supplements are a good source of all the amino acids required by your body.
How are they bad?
- Protein supplements are not regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- As the supplement market is unregulated, there is a major risk of use of inferior products and contamination with heavy metals and pesticides.
- Another reason protein supplementation is bad is because you don’t require so much protein, even if you are working out. The recommended daily intake of protein for healthy adults is just 0.75 g of protein/kg body weight. This means you need about 45 - 56 g of protein a day. Adult athletes need 1.5 g/kg body weight.
- But if you are on protein supplements, you may end up ingesting more protein than required. This can cause a buildup of ‘ketones’ bodies. And this in turn can cause ketosis. In simple words, ketosis can cause your body's pH to lower to dangerously acidic levels, leading to a state called ketoacidosis.
- This can lead to an inordinate load on your kidneys as they work overtime to get rid of ketones and this may lead to severe dehydration, particularly if you exercise heavily. And this can make you weak and dizzy, not strong.
- It can also give you a bad breath and other health problems like osteoporosis.
Last, but not the least, protein supplements contain extra calories. Extra protein required by you can be received without a problem by eating a protein rich diet. You don’t need protein supplements for this. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am suffering from hair fall for last 2 years results in hair loss and bald patches any treatment to cure hair fall and make it thicker.
Hi, I use helmet daily for 2 hrs and my hair is getting very bad due to this. Lots of hairfall, dandruff,itching I can see a major change in hair density. So worrying is there any tips to control this. I use kerchiefs for helmet but still no use.
I have itching in my ear which reaches to my throat. Earlier it was only confined to night, now I have started facing this problem in the day to. What to do?
Her right Breast started pain since 3-5 days and gradually increase so I examine and find some memory lobes are swelling and fill hard mass which painful when it press so suggest what I do for her.
I am 27 years old mother of a twins kids I am mentally feeling so much stressed and cannot control my emotions. Is there any remedy for my problem.
I am 20 years old girl and I have lot of hairfall for the past 7-8 months before that it was completely normal. Ive tried everything what do I do? Le.
I want to know which one is best for vaginal wash, like "clean&dry" vs "v wash" also suggest me cream and powder. Bcz- I am always suffer from allergy, itching & boils.
I'm 43 years old and my height is 4.9 and my weight is 68 and I'm growing fatter. I have thyroid. How can I reduce my weight?
How can I loose my weight and control my thiride. If any one give the and so please give me I really need it.
Hello I am 21 year old, weight 47 kg. I want to gain weight and body also. So, can you please guide me with the better supplements.
In modern day societies of intense stress and work pressure, the average diet mostly comprises of street foods, packaged fast foods and processed foods. Such stress and overexposure to a lot of toxins (present in the processed food, fast foods, and street foods) disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts bile formation, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients, resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include these 7 foods in your diet which help to detoxify your liver from the excessive toxins and allow it to function properly.
- Avocado: Avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Green tea: Green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as Catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
- Beets and Carrots: Beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
- Turmeric: A little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
- Green Vegetables: Green Vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
- Grape Fruit: Grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin C and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.