Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Dr:rajeeshYour feedback matters!
I am a 32 years female facing pus like discharge with itching on vagina. Is this serious and will I be able to get pregnant ?
I am suffering from anxiety and claustrophobia since last 10 years. Presently I feel some muscle pain and weakness at leg thigh and calf muscle. Can anxiety make muscle pain or tightness?
Chiropractic has been around for over a century and was originally defined by its creator DD Palmer and taken from the Latin for 'done by hand'.
While it took some time to develop a basic premise, in the early stages the ideas that formed its base had many influences. D.D. Palmer was originally a 'magnetic' healer with an interest in the metaphysical. B.J. Palmer his son had probably the most impact on the expansion of the profession.
Hippocrates said "It is most necessary to know the nature of the spine. One or more vertebrae may or may not go out of place very much and if they do, they are likely to produce serious complications and even death, if not properly adjusted. Many diseases are related to the spine".
This may have been an underlying thought that people at the time had. D.D. could have, at least at some point believed it to be always the case. And so he set about 'adjusting' or manipulating the spine in an attempt to help people with various complaints.
The basis of care focused on the integrity of the spine and nervous system. It was known that the brain controls every system in the body and uses the spinal cord and nerves to deliver messages to every part of the body. Palmer taught that if you are unwell there is a good chance that your nervous system was involved and that the chiropractor's job was to correct it.
He used his metaphysical interest to introduce the concept of 'Innate intelligence'. This thought involves the inbuilt ability of the body to heal itself and that any interference to the "flow" of this intelligence could cause 'dis-ease'. "The kind of dis-ease depends upon what nerves are too tense or too slack"
Later that concept developed into a more accepted version. This was still based on the thought that the body has an inbuilt ability to heal but that stressors on the body would disrupt the spinal joint motion. The most common causes of stress was believed to be Emotional, Physical and Chemical.
By the 1920's the research on spinal motion, disc herniation and nerve impingement was well underway in the medical realm. This at least showed that disruption to a spinal joint can irritate nearby nerves. D.D. termed this a Vertebral Subluxation - a dysfunction of a spinal joint that irritates a spinal nerve. It is a chiropractic specific term not to be confused with the medical term of subluxation.
And it has been this term 'vertebral subluxation' that has continued to dog the profession from inside and out. From inside there are practitioners who hold firm to this construct, others that have let it go, each side being very vocal. Of course from outside the profession this has been seen as a mark of disunity and has tarnished the professions credibility.
Palmer said, the chiropractor's role is to adjust subluxated spinal vertebrae back to their best position and restore joint motion. The premise being that this will remove any nerve interference and associated symptoms.
This is what they do, and the reason they believe they do it is of some contention. But what is not at all debated is that Workcover NSW Australia (a state-wide workers compensation scheme) do not have any bias toward Chiropractic or Physiotherapy treatment for injured workers. This at least implies they have similar return on investment to each other with respect to injured workers regardless of the type of injury.
A study in Canada in the late 1990's implied the results from chiropractic and other modalities for the treatment of lumbar disc herniation was effective and appropriate in comparison to a medical alternative treatment. A number of other studies also mentioned that manipulation is safe and appropriate for the great majority of patients with lumbar disc herniation.
So it appears that this constantly debated premise for why chiropractor's do what they do has very little bearing on patient outcome.
A recent study out of New Zealand 2016 shows that a manipulation does in fact cause a change in brain function. So maybe the research will one day be able to clarify the underlying belief of the subluxation that has dogged and divided the profession.
Whether a Chiropractor is improving the "Innate Intelligence" or helping the lower back repair after a work injury, one thing is still a reality, they have been helping people naturally for more than 100 years without drugs or surgery. Maybe this could be a more appropriate fact to inspire the profession to unite and move forward?
I lost the someone alese please ask the answers and help us my friend is and allergy non allergic rihitius of the body so I am not option this disease and medicines?
I am totally weak in winter season. How to fit my body in winter season. Also, How to gain my body weight?
I do gym daily sometimes irregular manner for gaining Body weight I look thin I know proteins for muscle development pls suggest some affordable price nutrition in my price range.
I am thirtyseven years old man. My one molar is missing due to cavity now space is there should I get a new tooth implanted there or should I leave it like that.
I have pain in my stomach at right side and it increases at night with leg pain also? Please help me.
The thought of undergoing a major surgery worries most people as they stress about the possible surgical complications, outcomes of the procedure or just get scared with the idea of getting an incision. But, following a few simple steps before the surgery may enable you to not only lessen your fears but also accelerate the recovery process.
Here are some of the most effective tips to prepare yourself in a way that ensures a stress-free surgical procedure.
1. Acquire knowledge about the surgery beforehand: Keep yourself thoroughly informed about the surgical procedures you will undergo. Ask your surgeon about the time required for complete recovery, your stay at the hospital, hygiene standards of the hospital etc. Also, talk about the surgical complications that you may experience and the measures to be taken from your side to deal with them.
2. Inform the doctor about your prevalent health issues: Talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any medical conditions currently like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also inform him if you are under any kind of medications or allergic to any particular drug.
3. Enquire about the types of anaesthesia available: Knowing about your anaesthesia choices always help you prepare better for an operation. While some surgery requires specific types of anaesthesia for other you can decide whether you want a local, regional or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is used for affecting a small area while the regional one is used for numbing a larger part and general, your entire body.
4. Be prepared to deal with the post-surgery pain: You might experience post-surgery pain depending on the type of procedure followed. Ask your doctor for suggestions on the type of medicines you should do to curb this pain. Generally, most doctors recommend drugs, hot or cold therapy, massage etc.
5. Look for a caregiver in advance: You will require some support and care after the surgery while you recover. Seek the help of your family and friends in this regard and ensure that someone can stay with you for at least a day after you return from the hospital.
6. Follow the pre and post surgery instructions given by the doctor: Follow all the instructions given by the doctor regarding the kind of diet to be followed, restriction from consuming certain things like alcohol or any other lifestyle changes required to keep you healthy before and after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.