Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DR PRAVIN J MEHTAYour feedback matters!
My 5.5 month old has been passing green thick smelly stool since we started him on top feed - banana, dal water, rice paste, wheat paste etc. Is this normal? There is no apparent discomfort he is suffering from.
A nutritional disorder, the problem of rickets occurs if your child suffers from a deficiency of calcium, phosphate or Vitamin D. It causes softened and damaged bones, skeletal deformities, impaired development of the bone's growth plate (a spot of growing tissue found near the end of a long bone in adolescents and children) and stunted growth.
Here are few very simple ways you can prevent your child from getting it:
1. Having Vitamin D and calcium rich foods - One of the best ways to prevent this nutritional disorder from affecting your child is by making sure he or she have foods that are high in Vitamin D and calcium. Egg yolks, fish oil or fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are some of the Vitamin D foods that your child can have to strengthen his bones. Even foods that have Vitamin D added to it such as cereals, orange juice, milk and infant formula can also be given to your child. Sources of calcium can be soyabeans, nuts, broccoli, cabbage, cheese and yoghurt.
2. Going out in the sun - Considered to be an excellent source of Vitamin D, getting your child exposed to sunlight is another excellent way of getting most of this nutrient, as well as preventing him or her from developing rickets. Although the exposure time may vary from individual to individual, about 10-15 minutes of sun exposure without sunscreen can help.
3. Having Vitamin D supplements - Even the consumption of Vitamin D supplements can reduce your child's risk of getting rickets. Since mother's milk contains less than the recommended Vitamin D amount, infants too need to be put on Vitamin D supplements of 400 IU each day. For teenagers and young children, the recommended dosage is 600 IU of Vitamin D every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Teens who are overweight or obese and even those in the high range of normal body mass index face an increased risk of death from heart disease and stroke in middle age. Obese teenagers were five times more likely to die of coronary artery disease by middle age compared to those of normal weight. This study stresses the importance of maintaining a healthy weight during childhood and adolescence. As a significantly number of overweight and Obese teens has grown substantially in recent years.
Hi My son who is 3 years old is often complaining of pain in his legs. This is usually observed in midnight. Please suggest what could be the problem.
Hello sir, I worried about my 11 years old son is suffering with bed wetting since start, if I wake up him and make him to release his pea than ok otherwise he wet regularly. Need help.
Hi Sir, My son is 10 years old. He is eating slate pencils daily. He will not eat food, he is looking very dull. So, please give me suggestion what I have to do.
My brother is 10 year and his height is 4'6 feet and his weight is 50 and stomach is round in shape he play cricket daily. please suggest.?
Kirunal - 240 SoftGels (500 mg), the ratio is 4: 1 EPA to DHA. My daughter is five and half years old, she is very hyperactive. She can't stand and walk Can I give her Kirunal - 240 SoftGels (500 mg) Capsules.?If yes. Please suggest the daily dosage. Thanks,
Tear comes often in a six month old baby boy(not too much). Is that common? Any precautions to be taken?
Sir, my child age 1 years 6 month male weight 10 kg he not eat normally always forces and not latin regularly medicine use homeopathy adel-11 three time daily, he daily eating morning dexolac-3 after two hour later he eat dexolac-3 and what tutee hand made 1 pm-past ricr and vegetable and fish or egg 4.30 pm dexolac-3 and patanjali foot kelox and 7 pm dexolac-3 and kellox and 10 pm dexolac-3 and what rutee, but he not latin regularly when he latin crying he is very then and not sleep proper time at night sleep approx 12. 30 am to 8 am and afternoon 2 pm to4. 30 pm. Thankyou.
My baby is 8 months old. She s very lean. Addition to mother's milk am giving her formula feed also. But she never drink. So am giving her when she's asleep. Is it good??
My son does not eat properly. Bt he sleeps for a long time. He studies in l. Kg standard n wen sleeps in d event he wakes up in mng. In d meanwhile he takes sm milk vd feeder n nothing else. We it affect his health. Shud he sleep for a long tm.
My daughter is 10 months old she is not gaining weight. Wat can I do. I started solid foods. Wat was the quantity and which type of food I have to feed her to gain weight. She didn't get teeth till now.
My 8 years old daughter recently came across from less hearing issue. We have done audiolist test two time in 15 days and found that his hearing capacity is increased from early level. Many learned doctors on this site advice us to go for hearing aids for her betterment. Thanks to all. My further question is, if she do not wear hearing aids will her hearing will lose further? Any treatment in other pathy is useful. I am little reluctant to use hearing aids. She otherwise response normally. Only on some occasion she complaint of less hearing. Please Guide .
Hi my son is Situs inverses totalis .And he had aspiration pneumonia on his 2nd day of birth .He was given treatment in Rainbow hospital Hyderabad. Now he is 4 months old. And his growth is normal. He caughs too much during night time and vomits frequently . His activities are quite natural .We are worried about his caught and he gets frequent cold. Please advice.
My baby boy age is 24 month and 18 days. From the last 10 days he is very much crying when we wear clothes and tie his hairs. He is behaving very weird and crying continuously for an hour or two hour. He is not speaking more just few words he spoke maa , baba , nahi,…. I am a working women and some time I had to send him with his grandmother to our home town. Lastly he had gone alone with her on 11 aug 2016 and after coming (20-aug-2016) their he is behaving like this. Pls help me to solve my baby problem.
Although the cause of over 60% of birth defects are not known, there are things that you can do to help ensure optimal health for your baby.
There are a number of things you can do to increase the probability of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Some are more challenging than others because they may require that you break bad habits, but it is worth your effort.
Here are a variety of tips you can use to prevent birth defects as you contemplate starting or adding to your family:
- The first and foremost tip is maintaining preconception health; eating well balanced and nutritional meals, and taking a multivitamin daily that includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid.
- If you are sexually active and pregnancy is a possibility, make sure you take a multivitamin daily, which includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid and other essential B vitamins.
- Avoid all activities that could potentially lead to birth defects, including alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, and caffeine.
- Seek an annual gynecological and wellness exam.
- Obtain genetic counseling and birth defect screening, particularly if you have any family history of birth defects or if you are 35 years of age or older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.