Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DR PRAVIN J MEHTAYour feedback matters!
Eat a balanced diet which contains whole cereals, pulses, dal, all seasonal fruits, salads and vegetables, milk and milk products. Keep away from sweets, junk food, oily food as much as possible.
Exercise daily. For children outdoor play daily is exercise.
Get your child's weight and height checked periodically by your pediatrician. This will help to detect deviation from growth early.
My daughter, 15 months old, weight is 9 kg n height is 75 cm. Both are less acc to her age .how can I help her? She is an active child but sometimes I find her licking slippers n eating soil.
My daughter is 10 months old usko kabhi kuch din tk gardan (neck), bend krney lagti hai nichey dekhti it happens usually usko sardi lite fever hota hai fir aachi hojati hai. Actually ek Dr. Ne mujhe prescribe kiya tha z and d zing powder woh pilayi hun toh normal upar dekhney lgti hai. Usko vitamin calcium ki wajeh se hoga kya? Is it necessary to give vitamin syrup regularly agar dun toh kitnwy years tk dun. please reply me answer I am very much wrried usko pain NY hota neck mey kuch NY bs thoda bend hoti hai.
Hi, my wife stopped breast feeding our daughter who is 16 months of old now. After 2 days she feels pain in her breast. Also seems like due to production of milk, it is getting harder. Is this a usual symptom? how long this continues? how to get rid of severe pain?
My son is 3.5 year old and having cavities in his teeth. I consult to local dentist. He suggested to do 3d scan of jaw. So we do the test. After checking the report doctor told to do root canal of 8 teeth. Four no of front and other 4 are rear tooth. So my worry is that, can we go for root canal treatment and there is no effect of this treatment on his permanent teeth later. Please suggest. There is no child specialist at my town.
My 2 year child is suffering from rickets and his right leg is slightly tent Can his legs become normal like other child.
I feel my daughter who is 5. 8 years old a little depressed abt school going. . She is moody always. Finds silly reasons to avoid school .she says the teacher luks like a bear because she has a big mouth etc. She has become rude in class etc. She tells her teacher embarrasses her n speaks loudly to her n her co students From past 15 days age has not eaten properly nor she is happy. . She looks stressed. Frequency of stomach ache. . Mouth ulcers have become a problem to her now. Kindly tel me how to react and convince her. She even has a little brother. She likes him a lot but due to school issue she does not seem interested in him also. . Help.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
My daughter two months old and premature baby now she feed milk thro nipple by pushing milk thro syringe. Now she weighs 2 kg. Dr. told to start mother feeding. She did nt take mother milk directly and she started crying while try to attempt .plz guide us.
My grand daughter 4 years old female baby affected by sight not clearance. While we check ,doctor told the sight is slowly vanishing. She also affected by heavy head ache. Please advise .
My grandson aged 5. His kidney seed (male orgon seed) not visible. Child specialist says to operate and take out it. Another urologist says at the age of 12 or 13 it will automatically come out. He is often suffering from stomach ache. Whether both are related. Please enlightened in this regard and give your valuable suggestion.
Hello sir I have child of 8 month old (7.5 kg) she don't eat properly. She want smthing new evry day please can you suggest me food chart for my baby?
Hello doc im mother of one month old baby girl and in my last trimester I had acne on my neck n back because of hot weather n pregnancy hormones the acne scars have not vanished way to do thanks in advance.
Mera ek beta hai 1 sal ka kabhi kabhi wo rote rote saans rok leta hai or aankho ki putlian upar chhadh jati hain chehra neela pad jata hai lagbhag 1 minut bad use saans aata hai. Magar do din pahle aisa hua ki saans rokne ke bad use 2 minut saans nahi aaya shareer akad gaya or shareer me koi bhi harkat nahi rahi tab maine use munh me munh se hawa pump ki 4-5 der munh me hawa blow karne ke bad use saans aayi. Maine DCH Dr. se consult kia to unhone kaha ki chhote bachcho me aisa zid ki wajha se ho jata hai jaise bada hoga sab thik ho jayega. Mai ye jan na chahta hun ki aisa kyun hota hai or kya ye beemari hai? Agar beemari hai to iska ilaj kya hai?
My ward has no fever, no cough, and no symptoms of tb but montox test will come positive. So we can believe that tb, and if what type of treatment can we take?
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.