Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Nandkumar ChonkarYour feedback matters!
My problem is that I do not want /do not like to talk anyone either my friends or anyone else (I just feel that I am completely different from others so just trying to avoid everyone ).During match or presentation at my college my mind just thinks about that everyone is watching me and as a result all my hard work becomes least effective. Now this problem has reached to the peak please help me I just want to interact with others in the same way as a frank boy does help if you can?
Dear Doctor, I am a 30-year-old male, 73 Kgs, 173 cm, smoker. I have been checking my heart rate over the past few weeks and it is constantly between 95 to 105. I have checked with 3-4 devices at different intervals during different days and my heart rate just would not go below 95. I had a blood test recently and my HSCRP, Cholesterol and all cardiac tests are within the normal range. I have started working out recently and am trying to cut down on cigarettes. Currently I smoke on an average of 8 cigs a day. Seeing the heart rate constantly on the rise is making me nervous, and I would like someone to help me reverse this condition.
I'm a smoking cigarettes but I had alot of pain in my chest during lying and waking up from bed I consult a doctor before he just says smoke less it should be cured but I don't feel better?
I am getting heartburn or something burning in my chest when I have spicy food even little spicy also. What is the reason for that. Please suggest some solution.
I have chest pain since 2 years but does not have cardiac problems in x ray. Some one told that may be muscle pain. Please give a favorable reply.
I am suffering from stomach pain for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I take breath. Can you suggest what should be done?
Sir, I am 48 year old I am suffering problem of high blood pressure (100-110, 125-160) from last 3 months I want to know that I should go for a physician or a cardiologist. Pls help.
I have high cholesterol that is 265 n my age is 22! And have high bp of 150 I feel v uncomfortable I have smoking habit no acholol n any other! Only smoking Wat should I do?
I'm 47 years of age. I am thin as my height is 5'7" and weight is 59 only. I have tried everything due to which cholesterol has increased. Please suggest best diet.
Hlo doctor. I am smoking for 7 months. Now a days when I smoke my upper chest is paining. Can you please tell me what it is nd suggest me a remedial measure.
I m 19 years old. Without any anxiety, 3 times my blood pressure was recorded in previous week on different days. Each time it was about 134/84. Is it the symptoms of hypertension? If it is so what precautions should I take?
I have cholesterol beside of the back (Tummy, that is creating many problems for example to standing for 8 hours in company it is creating problem.
I HAVE B.P. AND SUGAR. I AM GETTING NOSE BLEED OFTEN. I TAKE B.P. MEDICINES AND CLOPITORVA. PL ADVISE.
I wanna ask about the health diet. My aunt is a sugar patient and also suffering from heart disease. So I wanna ask about liquid aur food diet for her. I also wanna ask that can we give her fruit juice or not?
I am a male 52 yrs, my weight 90 kgs height 5 feet 10 inches. BP is 139/90 which is not reducing after taking medicine. Please suggest dietary plan to reduce BP.
I am having chest pain since 3 month suddenly happened doc said its cuf that is why its happened any suggestion.
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- Age: The risks increase over the years
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers: They ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above.