Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DR.MEENA R. KADREKARYour feedback matters!
I have had purplish lips for a very long time and I have tried many different remedies (none of which have worked) I recently read that lip color is a sign of health issues and purplish lips could mean low oxygen levels and heart or respiratory problems. I was wondering if this can be cured. And if so, how? I am currently on Ayurvedic medication (for white discharge. The white discharge has caused loss of weight, high body heat, poor digestion etc)
I am 35 years old female. I have periods problem. My periods comes 2-3 months gap. My last period's date was 5 april 2016. My periods not come till today. I have unwanted hairs on my face also. Please advice what I do? I do pregnancy test two days before. Result is negative. Asha, Delhi.
I am at the stage of menopause and have very irregular periods in sequences of 4 - 6 months gap. What are the chances of falling pregnant and what are the best precautions to avoid complications / pregnancy. Please advice.
Hi, I am 24 years married having pcos. Having regular periods. I had undergone various harmone tests and reported with elevated prolactin harmone. I want to conceive in next 2-3 months. Can you suggest me some measures so that I can conceive naturally
I'm Having severe burning sensation in vagina during urination, and have got little fever, also feeling vomiting, my periods are due in next 24 hrs. I had sex with my husband yesterday.
Dear sir/ Madam, I have had intercourse with my wife using condoms as contraception a few days back which was on her non fertile day. Now her periods are getting as expected. Its four days late today. We just got married and we are planning for a baby. So if the home pregnancy test kit tends to be positive, then what are the steps to be taken for the termination of pregnancy? What will be the cost? What will be the procedure? What will be its side effects? We had intercourse on 26th Nov 2016. I am very much tensed right now. Awaiting your response as soon as possible. Thank you.
My wife started losing weight since last september. November after test we were informed she is having lever her 2 positive. Then she was given herceptin inection 7 rounds every 21 days. At the same time fluid started accumulating in her lever which was removed about 9 liters. So her wt further came down and now she is being given kheemo on weekly basis (one dosage split into 3 weeks) tuxol is the name of the kheemo medicine. She is having continuous stomach ache and not able to pass her stoool and she does not feel like having food also. She looks like 90 years old lady when she is only 50 years old. Her left breast was removed during 2000 co of breast cancer. Now initially she was informed metastasis of lever. After herceptin Dr. Says her 2 is negative now (after the biopsy). We need a proper guidance so that she can put on weight and come back to her original weight of 57 kgs. Now she is 42 kg.
Hi, I am 16 years old and will be 17 in next 2-3 months. I am female. and I am suffering from PCOD. Due to which I suffer from many problems like hair fall. Acne. Weight gaining etc. I need to lose weight as per recommended by all doctors but coming at this stage its very difficult. Though I am working hard. and do exercise and have control on my diet but still its not working as it should. Can you please help me in my diet or ways through which I can reduce weight and get rid of this illness PCOD. and also help me to gain height as I look short.
My period date was 11th July 2016 and it's almost 7 days late and I had unprotected sex on 16th July 2016 so is there any chance of getting pregnant as we are in doubt but my bf didn't ejaculated inside my vagina. Should I take ipill for safety or should I wait for my periods please help doctor.
I am 21 yr old my last period was 15days earlier and this month' s periods are 8 days late what is a reason and I am done with pregnancy tests and all are negative and last month I was hospitalized for viral fever and cold please and I losy my 4 kg weight also help me I am worried what to do
According to WHO a third of the world population is obese, obesity is caused by overeating, lack of physical activity, age factor, hereditary and sometimes malfunctioning of the endocrine glands causing excessive fat accumulation. Food is meant to generate energy in the body so as to enable each and every organ to discharge its individual functions. To avoid overeating one has be careful about portion control and eat at a fixed time. Each meal should have a combination of carbohydrate 50 to 60 % of total calories + protein 35 to 40% of total calories and fat 20 to 25% of total calories. Dietary fibre of 25 to 30 grams a day can obtained from whole grain, fruits and vegetables should also be taken in sufficient quantities as it imparts a sense of satiation and reduces the food intake.
Indian diets are usually high in carbohydrates leading to higher incidence of diabetes. This can be countered by increasing proteins in each meal along with fibre,which gives a controlled balance to sugar levels in the body. Use unsaturated vegetable oils like olive, rice bran, soyabean and sunflower oil to maintain and reduce cholesterol and maintain heart health along with Omega-3 from flax seed, nuts (almonds and walnuts) or fish oil supplements, including vegetable juices in your daily diet improves the antioxidant level and fibre in the body and helps in weight loss.
How to make meal plans customized to your BMR
Step 1 - Calculate your BMR
|Women's BMR||Men's BMR|
|+ (9.6* of your weight in kilos)||+ (13.7* your weight in kg)|
|+ (1.8*your height in cm)||+ (5*your height in cm)|
|- (4.7*your age in years)||- (6.8*your age in years)|
|= ___________ Calories per day||= ___________ Calories per day|
Step 2 - After calculating your BMR ,and to start weight loss cut 200 kcal from your BMR.
For example if your BMR is 1600 kcal choose a meal plan that is 200 kcal lower I.e is from 1200 to 1400 calorie meal plan.
The main meals should be three meals like your breakfast ,lunch and dinner and the in between meals should be like fruits ,veg juice ,dry fruits,dry bhel , roasted chana, a slice of cheese ,which are not very dense in calories and high in nutrients.
STEP 3 - Eat every two hours with three main meals and three small meals.
STEP 4 - Drink plenty of water through the day at least 8 to 10 glasses.
Exercise - Lack of physical activity means there is no energy output and this results in weight gain over the period of time because as we age our BMR reduces (basal metetabolic rate : that is total number of calories your body requires for normal body functions excluding any activity factor like exercise, BMR is the energy used for metabolic process of maintaining life itself and usually accounts for two thirds of total daily expenditure ). To maintain a healthy weight increasing the BMR is essential and this means increasing the muscle mass over the fat mass as 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories at rest and 1 pound of fat just 2 calories. Increasing muscle mass can happen only through physical exercise and adequate protein in the diet thereby, increasing fibre and reducing fat in the diet.
Advantages of Physical Activity
- Helps to keep digestive system in optimum condition
- Improves cardiac rhythm and output
- Maintains flexibility of body
- Energies blood vessels and does not allow cholesterol deposits and improved heart health as it does not allow fat accumulation
- Improves peristaltic action of intestine and rectum and removes constipation
- Helps in improving insulin resistance in the body especially in PCOD and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Maintains the sugar levels in diabetic patients
Other Causes of Obesity
- Age factor: Obesity is generally prevalent in the middle age as the BMR reduces as a person ages especially if he or she does not exercise, but weight gain can be gender specific as women have more fat mass and the weight gain during pregnancy is common due to increase in fat in the diet, but in recent years there has been a rapid rise in obesity in children and teens due to over indulgence in junk and fast foods, which have high amounts of refined carbohydrates and hydrogenated fats. Heredity also plays an important role in fat accumulation. Children of obese parents do have high chances inheriting obesity from their parents as genetic factor could be a contributing factor rather than excessive food. In such cases physical activity plays a very important role for weight loss
- Untreated Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroid causes a drop in the BMR and increase in fat percentage and if untreated can cause weight gain, but once on medication they have improved metabolism.
- Drugs: Use of oral contraceptives, steroids, insulin and phenothiazines is generally followed by weight gain to stimulation of appetite.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is just empty calories and 1ml of alcohol gives 7 calories and this causes weight gain along with the fat laden food eaten while having alcohol, overeating is usually a consequence of drinking leading to weight gain and drinking coupled with smoking increases the lipid levels in the body affecting the heart health
- Fasting and Yo Yo Dieting: The process of losing weight and gaining weight several times throughout a life time is often characterised by increased fatness with each cycle (Krause food and nutrition therapy). Fasting is dropping calories to less than 600 to 800 over a period of time, which causes starvation and breakdown of muscle mass and lowering of BMR and once one gets back to normal diet there is sudden surge in weight which then gets difficult to rid off.
- Water: Incredible as it may seem water is a very important catalyst in weight loss,water suppress the appetite naturally and helps metabolise stored fat. Drinking water is best for fluid retention caused due to excessive intake of salt, the more water you take, more it dilutes the excess salt and reduces the fluid retention. Eight to twelve glasses of water in a day is the optimal intake.
- Stress: Stress is a another precipitating factor for weight gain which causes damage to the heart. Excessive stress causes an increase in cortisol and thereby, increase in fat percentage in the body and weight gain. An emotionally charged and highly strung nervous system can adversely affect the coronary arteries and deteriorate the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.