Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Manish ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir. namskar, mai long disternce ka cleir nahi dekh pata hu .... abhi short ka thodi taklif hoti hai ,,,, meri age 39 hai ... mera computer per business hone se 8/10 hours computer per bith ta hu... chasma long ka hai ... lagane me nahi aata--- plzz suggest kare with out chasme ka konsa eye drop le taki muze aaram mil sake -- aakhe thodi red rahti hai,,, wo white rahe uske liye bhi koi eye drop suggest kare.( Not able to see for long distance, usually sits on computer for 10 hours .Plesae suggest any eye drops for the same)
I have a serious eyes issue. My no. Is too high, blurred vision. Can you tell me the home remedy so that it will not be painful enough.
I have problem of sinus. After exposed to extreme cold or dust my nose don't smell any thing and I feel nose blocked. Also due to it headache and I feel irritation in eye.
My 70-old year mother having pain in her both eyes for the last 6 months. Please note that she had undergone cataract surgery in her both eyes 5 years ago. Please suggest what should I do?
A spark of match went in my eye yesterday, now I can see everything blurry is it temporary or permanent.
Recently I consulted a doctor he said me that I am going through pseudo squint! I do smoke! Is smoking a reason for the pseudo squint? And wt should I do to make my face bridge better so that it doesn't seem to look that I hav crossed eyes! Cause actually I don't have it as doc told me through some eye light test! BT how can I make it possible that the person who looks into my eyes also doesn't feel that I have crossed eyes! PS - wt should I do make that bridge better so tht it doesn't appears that I hav squint eyes! Wt diet should I take?
I Am Facing Red Eye Problem For 2 Days. I Don't Go To Any Doctor And Don't Use Any medicine Yet. Is Anything Serious? Should I Check It Up?
I have eyes floating problem. Now these days stars are also dancing in front of eyes. I am wearing black sunglasses from 1 year cause of these eye floaters. Any cure for these.
I am 74. I have been advised cataract operation in both eyes (one by one). Dr. Says to implant lens lenses due to cylinder in my eyes. This lenses is one and a half times costlier than normal lenses. Kindly advise as to what are special features/necessity of a torric lenses. Thanks for quick reply please.
My eyelids are itching very often and I am feeling my eyes to be heavier, like when we feel when we are too tired. I actually had fungal skin infection on legs which most people often suffer from, I doubt whether is it the cause for my itchy eyes? I have specs also.
I am a student I study 12 hours a day continuously since 3 months My doubt is" is my eyes need any eye drops for safety"
My brother got a injury in his eyes his retina got injured and this case is about 8 months he is not able to see far. And the blood is cotted on his retina we tried in aiims but there is no relief.
I have pain in my eyes for now a days. What should I do. It is being a seiver problem for me because my exam is to closer. I read at least four hours in night and after that I feel so much trouble in my eyes what shall I do for thid. Please guide me for that.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.