Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Hrishikesh.PaiYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 years old female. I am engaged to be married. My fianc? And I had unprotected sex on 15/11/15. My last period was on 18/10/15. I took an ipill within an hour of unprotected sex. Are there any chances I might get pregnant? I know the best way to avoid pregnancy is to avoid unprotected sex. We will be careful in the future, but as of now are there any measures I can take to avoid getting pregnant. What are the signs I should look out for?
Endometriosis is a painful condition where the endometrium tissue lining the walls of the uterus, grows as implants outside the womb of the patient. This can lead to a number of painful conditions and is often considered as a common cause behind severe pelvic pain, as far as women are concerned. Here is all you need to know about Endometriosis and pelvic pain:
- Painful Menstruation: Depending on the stage of the condition, the implants could remain on the surface or go deeper into the ovaries which may cause acute and severe problem during ovulation as well as the menstrual cycles. This is one of the symptoms that one must not ignore. If you are having painful cramps that affect the pelvic area and the abdomen, and if these cramps last throughout the duration of the cycle, then there are strong chances that you are experiencing the pain that comes with Endometriosis.
- Pain During and After Intercourse: While there are many reasons why women may face pain during intercourse, it may be noted that vaginal and pelvic pain that come during and after intercourse could point towards the presence of Endometriosis which is causing irritation and discomfort due to the implants.
- Bowel Movements and Urination: Usually, pelvic pain may trickle down to and also get activated by the bowels when there is a motion as well as urination. This is a common problem that can cause pain which spreads throughout the region if the patient is suffering from Endometriosis.
- Bloating and Other Symptoms: When the abdomen and nearby regions face bloating due to the implants and their painful spread, the pelvic region as a whole bears the brunt in terms of severe pelvic pain. The bloating and other symptoms like loose motions and constipation can also create pain in the abdomen and pelvic region on a persistence basis. Sharp pains may also shoot up and down the lower back due to such symptoms which should not be ignored if they do not abate within a few days.
- Misdiagnosis: Many times, the bloating and pelvic pain may be linked with pelvic inflammatory disease which causes pain in the muscles and joints. But if you are having pain in the abdomen as well as problems during your menstrual cycle, then it may be helpful to have the tests for Endometriosis done as well.
In order to diagnose the condition, the doctor must ensure that proper imaging tests like MRI and CT scans as well as an ultrasound with lab tests based on blood samples have been conducted. The pelvic pain that comes with this condition can be treated with the help of pain relievers like ibuprofen and aspirin.
Medical Treated of Endometriosis-
- Oral contraceptives, progesterone, danazol
- GnRH agonist with add-back
- Alternating GnRH agonist and OCs
- Aromatase inhibitors
The surgical management of endometriosis involves careful consideration of the indications for surgery, surgical techniques, surgeon experience, preoperative evaluation and ancillary techniques.
Surgery may be either 'conservative' or 'definitive'. Conservative surgical management of endometriosis has the goal of restoring normal anatomy and relieving pain. This approach is most often applied to women of reproductive age who wish to conceive in the future or to avoid induction of menopause at an early age. It may involve:
- direct ablation,
- lysis, or excision of lesions,
- interruption of nerve pathways,
- removal of ovarian endometriomas,
- excision of lesions invading adjacent organs (bowel, bladder, appendix, or ureter).
Definitive surgery involves bilateral oophorectomy to induce menopause and may include removal of the uterus and fallopian tubes and, ideally, excision of all visible endometriotic nodules and lesions. It should be considered in women who have significant pain and symptoms despite conservative treatment, do not desire future pregnancies, or are undergoing hysterectomy because of other pelvic conditions, such as menorrhagia or fibroids.
When is the best time / day to try for a baby if my last period ended on 5 June 2017. I have also been taking 5 day medicine Letroz 2.5 mg for last two months and oosure m every day along with one folic acid tablet. Kindly advice.
These days I have lot of white discharge. What can be done? Please help regarding the same. This days thick discharge and also it burns while peeing.
People do ask this question to me so many times.
But this s not true, yes there may be difficulty in getting pregnant after 35 years but not true that always you will end sterile.
The fact is that each woman will be born with fixed number of eggs in her ovary at birth, after which with each menses eggs number start decreasing year after year, and above age 35 it decreases very fast. So some patients may not become pregnant or may face difficulty in getting pregnant.
But with latest treatment modalities like ivf you can become pregnant, so please do consult infertility consultant and get treated as early as possible or else you will be left with donor ovum option only.
Please feel free to talk to me.
I am 22 year old female worried about pregnant some pregnancy symptoms is there what to do tell me ?
It suits women who are producing low levels of hormones for ovulation, or who are not ovulating at all. These females are given medication (as tablets or through injections) to stimulate there hormones.
How does Ovulation Induction work?
First, we’ll confirm your ovulation cycle by:
Taking blood samples to measure hormone levels at specific stages of the cycle,
Carrying out a transvaginal ultrasound to see the development of follicles in the ovaries, and the thickness and appearance of the lining of the womb.
The Ovulation Induction cycle
Day 1: (of your menstrual cycle) Call the clinic to arrange an appointment for a blood test.
Day 2-4: Start taking medication.
Day 10 or 11: Visit the clinic for a blood test to determine your hormone level. /an ultrasound.
Day 14: (approximate) Attend the clinic for an ultrasound test. This will determine if you are about to ovulate.
For women who don’t have a normal menstrual cycle, it may take some time to ovulate. In fact, it is not unusual for ovulation to occur much later in their cycle (after Day 14). You would then need to continue attending the clinic until you ovulate.
There are various treatments to treat ovulation disorders.
These medications may cause multiple follicle development, with the risk of multiple pregnancy. For this reason you need to undergo regular ultrasounds to determine the number and rate of growth of these follicles. If more than one follicle develops, your fertility specialist will discuss the risks of multifollicular ovulation.
The Trigger: After the follicle has developed we may use another injection of synthetic human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to trigger the release of the egg from the follicle.The fertile time is for 36 hours from the time of trigger.
Many of my girl friend don't have a proper size of Breast. So why it's so. They are at the age 19. Still the size of their Breast is not up to the mark. Some many times they are thinking to use BT36 and other medicines to enlarge their Breast. So what must they do? And why is it so in their case. How it will increase?
I am 30 years old and trying to conceive since 3 months. I have regular menstrual cycle and ovulate each month on time (raw egg white cervical mucus observed. I never ever took any contraceptive pill or other hormonal medicines. How long will it take to conceive normally and how can I improve my fertility? Please let me know.
I want to know that if amh test in lady comes negative then she can pregnant. Or not or what is that?
Hi I'm 25 year old, Recently married. My periods are a week and a half late .Also have nausea, cravings,back pain, cramps.Took a pregnancy home test but the result was negative. Am I pregnant or not?
Hello I had a scan on 11th day my egg size was 18*25 in left ovary. Anyone please tell me what is the meaning of 18*25 mm? whether it means there are 2 eggs in my ovary or 1 egg. Please explain.
Hi, I am 33 years old female, my problem is I had my period on 3rd of october 2016 which last for 6 days and again on 23rd of october I again had my period and flow is also very heavy. I am suffering from dengue since 17th and my wbc are quite normal and platelets count are 86000. Can I know why my periods are in 10 days, earlier in last month they had to start on 26th of september but they where late 1 week and started on 3rd of october. What is the reason y they are so early in this month. I have not had sex also, is it a cause of dengue. Kindly help me.
I am 34 yrs. Old. I was married 02 year back. My wife age is 30yrs. Per abe tak humlogo ka sambhog nhi ho paya hai. Kafi kosiso ke bavjood hum sumbhog nhi kar pa rhe. Kindly guide.
Prenatal vitamins are designed to deliver an extra dose of the essential nutrients a woman needs to support her growing baby. The most crucial nutrient in early pregnancy is folate, which is often lacking in the standard American and Indian diet but plays a vital role in the development of the baby's brain and spinal cord.Cooking especially the way Indians do can damage major part of folate being heat labile
Other useful nutrients in prenatal vitamins include:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamins B12 and B6
These vitamins help to nourish your body and provide essential nutrients that may be lacking in your diet, especially if your pregnancy has made you a fussy eater or morning sickness has limited what you can keep down. A multivitamin allows you to absorb nutrition quickly and pass the benefits along to your developing baby.
Choosing the Best Prenatal Vitamin
Over-the-counter vitamins are plentiful in drug stores, supplement stores and even grocery stores. Knowing what to look for can help you choose the right brand for your budget and your needs.
Here are things to consider:
- Skip the prescription. Prescription-based prenatal vitamins aren't much different from what you can buy over the counter, but they can be much more expensive.
- Choose only tested and vetted products. Because vitamins are considered supplements, they are not vetted by the FDA. For the best results, choose a vitamin brand that has been approved by an independent regulator, like NSF International. This will ensure that the product has been quality tested.
- Prioritize folate. Folate, or folic acid, is the most important nutrient in prenatal vitamins and is one of the things that makes prenatal vitamins different from other multi-vitamins. You'll want a dose between 400 and 1,000 micrograms of folate.
- Look for minimal ingredient lists. Some supplements will be packed with extra "junk" ingredients that act as fillers or binders. Try to minimize your consumption of things like artificial colors, talc, magnesium silicate, titanium dioxide and carmine. These ingredients add no value to the supplement and can potentially pose toxicity problems if taken in too high a dose.
You may also wish to purchase supplements made with all-natural ingredients rather than synthetic nutrients. Food-based nutrients may be somewhat easier to digest and gentler on your stomach than synthetic vitamins. You can review the packaging to determine how and where ingredients are sourced, allowing you to make the right choice for your needs.
Saving Money on Prenatal Vitamins
For many women, cost is an important factor in choosing the right supplement. Because it's recommended that women start taking prenatal vitamins before they start trying to conceive and then throughout pregnancy, you're looking at up to a year or more of vitamin usage. For this reason, you'll want to choose something easy on your pocket book without sacrificing quality.
You can also help your vitamins to be more effective by supplementing them with a healthy diet of natural whole foods. Avoid taking your supplements on an empty stomach, and be sure to discuss any specific nutritional concerns or questions you may have with your doctor.
The development of minimally invasive surgical procedures has brought about great improvement in the medical field. This form of surgical procedure makes use of advanced technologies so as to reduce the need for making bigger incisions (or cuts) that characterise conventional open surgeries for the pelvic or abdominal region. A modern surgical technique that has made its appearance in the field of minimally invasive surgery is the laparoscopic single incision surgery.
So what is laparoscopic single incision surgery?
A variation of the traditional laparoscopic surgery, laparoscopic single incision surgery is a relatively a more complex process as it involves the manipulation of 3 surgical instruments through just one point of access. The chief advantage that it offers is that of fewer scar formations as the incision point is very small. Instead of the usual 4-5 small incisions that characterise a laparoscopic surgery, only a single incision of about 1.5-2cm is made and is used as point of entry for different surgical instruments to be inserted.
It can help procedures ranging from gynaecological and urological to colon and cover operations like removal of gallbladders, appendix, ovarian cysts, ovaries or the small bowel. The length of time that the surgeon normally takes to perform an operation using this approach is the same as you would normally expect from a conventional laparoscopic technique (which is roughly an hour).
What are the advantages of this form of surgery?
The reason behind the growing popularity of this type of surgical procedure is that unlike open surgery, it does not come with the disadvantages of longer recovery times, greater pain, infection and blood loss.
The key benefits that this form of minimally invasive surgery offers are:
1. It causes less discomfort than a normal open surgery as it requires only a single incision to be made on the body
2. Since fewer incisions are made, the chances of infection and scarring are also significantly reduced through this approach
3. Again, because the recovery time for this minimally invasive surgical procedure is short, the hospital stay following this surgical procedure is also of a shorter span
4. It also enables you to return to your diet of solid food much faster than you would normally do when you opt for the traditional surgery
5. It also sees you returning to your daily activities and lifestyle much faster
Offering a host of benefits, including fewer complications, single incision laparoscopic surgery can be opted if you suffer from problems of the abdominal or pelvic region.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
ऑर्गेज्म की स्थिति चरम संतुष्टि की स्थिति है। यह अपने आप पता लग जाती है। अकसर इसके बाद कुछ करने का मन नहीं करता। कुछ स्त्रियां आंख मींचकर निढाल भी रहती हैं। इस दौरान योनि में संकुचन हृदय धड़कन जैसा होने लगता है।
निरंतर ऑर्गेज्म पाते रहने से इस स्थिति पर पहुंचने का 20-30 सेकंड पहले पता लग जाता है। ऐसे में एकाग्रता बढ़ा लेना अच्छा रहता है। पुरुष भी अपनी देह पर पकड़ अनुभव करते हैं। ये स्थिति उनके लिए सफल सेक्स का बहुत बड़ा साइलेंट कम्युनिकेशन है।
ऑर्गेज्म अपने सुख के लिए भी है। शरीर के साथ ही यह मन को भी हल्का बनाता है। शरीर से निकले स्राव तन-मन में रासायनिक क्रिया उपजाते हैं। मन को फुर्तीला बनाते हैं। जीवन के प्रति विश्वास जगाते हैं। जीना रुचिकर लगता है, उसमें रस आता है।
कभी स्खलन न हो या चरमानंद न आए तो मन बेचैन, उद्विग्न, अकारण परेशान, चिंतातुर रहता है। इसे चरमानंद पाने वाले लोग आसानी से जान-समझ सकते हैं।
हर बार पहले जैसी अनुभूति
एक युवती कहती है कि पहला ऑर्गेज्म उसे समझ न आया। संकुचन हुआ तो लगा पता नहीं यह क्या हो गया। इसे जानने के बाद अगली बार यह स्थिति न सिर्फ आनंददायक रही बल्कि तृप्तिदायक व संतुष्टिदायक भी रही।
एक युवक कहता है कि मेरी पत्नी ने एक रात मुझे बताया कि आज मुझे नाभि तक सरसराहट महसूस हो रही है। लग रहा है मेरे भीतर घंटियां बज रही हैं। मैं समझ गया, यह उसका पहला ऑर्गेज्म है।
स्त्रियों का चरमानंद पुरुषों के चरमानंद जैसा मुखर नहीं होता कि बिना बताए उसे कोई जान ले या भांप ले। इसीलिए कई बार उसमें बाधा होती है। कुछ स्त्रियों को चरमानंद से पूर्व जल्दी और ज्यादा घर्षण चाहिए। कुछ को पुरुष अंग और गहराई पर चाहिए तो किसी-किसी को सिर्फ कोराकोरा स्पर्श चाहिए।