Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Hrishikesh.PaiYour feedback matters!
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Hi I and my wife had sex lately and I did not use any precautions but also I did not ejaculate inside her. And now her periods are delayed by 9 days and we are worried if she got pregnant. We got married just a month back and currently are not planning to have a baby. Kindly suggest how can it be avoided its been 15 days when we had unsafe intercourse.
Does contraceptive pills help in regulation of periods? If yes then How does it help? Is it right to take pills even when no sex z performed?
I have taken three I pills. Each after having sex. Will it affect my pregnancy in future. And if yes what should I do. Nd if no then can I take more.
Sir, I and my bf had sex on the first day of my periods. We actually had protected sex. We used condom. But immediately after having sex we noticed there was slight slippage We got tensed and I took an ipill immediately. Will I get pregnant?
With cricket being such a favourite sport in our country, almost everybody takes to it. What starts off as playing during summer holidays in open grounds can take more professional and committed routes with an obsession to become national and international players. It is very important to understand that it is not about the game, but about overall fitness, both of the mind and the body. It requires extreme physical fitness and focus and therefore planning a meal for cricketers is of extreme importance.
A cricketer’s diet should include the following. It would depend, of course, on how much you are playing, age, build, metabolism, etc.
- A good source of energy as everything requires energy, including standing on the field through long hours. About 40% of the diet should include carbs, which should come from whole grains and cereals. Processed foods and packaged foods are best avoided. Ditto for white rice and flour.
- Fats from nuts, seeds, yoghurt, and other dairy products is advised. Avoiding excess fat, as it can reduce agility and speed on the field, be it during fielding or running between the wickets. Fried and oily foods are a strict no-no. Grilled foods are great any day!
- Sufficient quantities of protein which can come from cottage cheese, spinach, greens, legumes, chicken, fish, and other seafood. About 30% of the diet should include proteins.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables and hydration cannot be ignored. These not just give fiber, but also give the required vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals for optimal body and mental functioning. Specifically, sodium and potassium are essential for the muscles.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol in excess. Green tea is a great substitute
- Sports drinks are filled with not just energy, but are also carbonated and sugary. Not recommended daily except for a sugar rush when playing.
- It is advisable to eat with people you play with. It helps boost each other's food habits, which could be different from others.
- On a daily basis, the foods should be spread through the day.
- Eating should be spread out as, breakfast – pre workout – workout - post workout – lunch – training – post training – evening meal/snack – dinner.
- In addition to eating, a good amount of hydration (water predominantly, can also include other natural drinks like tender coconut and fruit juices and milk shakes) is essential to keep the body and mind fit.
- The meal should be planned to ensure the body is provided with a constant source of energy instead of large amounts of sugar rushes.
- If there is a need to lose weight, this might need to be revisited to achieve the target weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
8th month preg. Doctor given me iron injection. Can I take iron now. After injection. Please tell me.
Hello. My girlfriend is 18 years old. She got period on 4th Feb and end on 9th. Which is regular. Then after that we had protected sex using condom 3 times we had sex. But on 21 Feb she got period in morning. Is she pregnant? Or her hormonal changes .please reply Thanks.
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.
Dear doctor, I am newly Married (5 months. I was 6 week pregnant but unfortunately I had miscarriage on June 19 and after that doc prescribed for D&E I had D&e on 21 June .everything was normal after D&E .now its all about 2 months have completed n I haven't got my period yet. I am very worried about this .on 16 of Aug I visited gynecologist I told her my history .she then said for usg n it showed that my endometrial lining is 11. 3 mm,DR then prescribe me for meprate 10 mg twice a day for 5 days. Medicine course has completed. How many more days I have to wait for getting my period normally? Because my period were normal before pregnancy but time duration was only 2 days. Please help me doc that was my first pregnancy .is there any complications about anything regarding my period? What should I do doctor please help me? What is the reason of missing period ?when will I find every thing normal.
लगभग तीन फुट ऊँचाई वाला पौधा इसबगोल का उपयोग आज की तारीख में लागातार बढ़ता जा रहा है. इसका मुख्य कारण है आज ज्यादातर लोगों को हाजमे की शिकायत है. और पाचन तंत्र की समस्याओं का इससे बेहतर समाधान किया जा सकता है. यदि हम इसबगोल में पाए जाने वाले तत्वों की बात करें तो इसबगोल के बीजों के उपर सफेद भूसी पायी जाती है. इस भूसी में ही प्रचुर मात्रा में म्युसिलेज पाया जाता है. इसके अतिरिक्त इसमें जाईलोज, एरेविनोज रैमन्नोज और गैलेक्टोज आदि भी पाए जाते हैं. वैसे तो इसका कोई साइड इफेक्ट नहीं होता है लेकिन फिर भी इस्तेमाल में सावधानी न बरतने से इसबगोल के कुछ नुकसान हो सकते हैं.
ईसबगोल के सेवन से लाभ
1. जिन लोगों को जोड़ों के दर्द, कब्ज व पाचनतंत्र आदि की शिकायत है उनलोगों को अपनी परेशानियों से निजात पाने के लिए रात के खाने के बाद एक गिलास गर्म दूध के साथ एक चम्मच ईसबगोल की भूसी मिलाकर लेने से निश्चित रूप से लाभ होगा.
2. यदि आपको दस्त के दौरान रक्तस्राव हो रहा है या लंबे समय से कब्ज से ग्रसित हैं तो ऐसे में आप आधा कप पानी के साथ इसबगोल की भूसी लेने से आराम मिलेगा.
3. आँतों में होने वाली रुकावट और संक्रमण के शिकार लोगों को 20 मिलिलीटर की मात्रा में एक गिलास पानी में मिला लें और इसका एक चम्मच ईसबगोल के बीज साथ में सेवन करें. ऐसा करने से आपको अपनी समस्या से छुटकारा मिलेगा.
4. तमाम लाभकारी गुणों से युक्त इसबगोल इसके अलावा आपको शरीर में पानी की कमी, मोटापा व डायबिटीज आदि में भी आपको भरपूर फायदा देता है. इन रोगों में इसबगोल के इस्तेमाल से आप छुटकारा पा सकते हैं.
5. मोटापे की समस्या से ग्रसित लोग भी इसबगोल के उपयोग से वजन घटा सकते हैं. इसके लिए आपको दिन में 3 बार खाने से आधा घंटा पहले लेना इसबगोल का सेवन करना चाहिए.
6. यदि आप दमा से पीड़ित हैं तो इसमें भी इसबगोल आपको फायदा पहुंचता है. इसके लिए बस आपको सुबह-शाम दो-दो चम्मच ईसबगोल की भूसी गर्म पानी के साथ लेते रहना होगा. ऐसा करने से आपकी यह शिकायत दूर हो जाएगी.
इसबगोल के नुकसान भी हैं
1. इसबगोल का नुकसान इसकी अधिक मात्रा है. इसबगोल का अधिक मात्रा में सेवन आपको भूख न लगने का कारण बन सकता है. इसलिए इसकी अधिक मात्रा में सेवन करने से बचें.
2. कैप्स्यूल या बारीक पिसा हुआ पाउडर के रूप में इसबगोल का सेवन आपको परेशानी में डाल सकता है. इसलिए इसबगोल के इन रूपों के इस्तेमाल से जितना हो सके बचने का प्रयास करें.
3. इसबगोल का उपयोग कम पानी या अन्य तरल पदार्थों के साथ सेवन छाती में दर्द, सांस लेने में परेशानी, उल्टी या फिर कुछ निगलने में समस्या आदि परेशानियों में हमें फंसा कर उलझा सकता है.
4. इसबगोल 2 साल या इससे कम उम्र के बच्चे को तो बिलकुल ही न दें. इससे ज्यादा उम्र वाले बच्चों को बहुत कम मात्रा में दे सकते हैं. बच्चों को जब भी इसबगोल देना हो तो इसमें या तो किसी विशेषज्ञ से सलाह लें या फिर बहुत कम मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करें. हलांकि डॉक्टर से सलाह लेना ज्यादा उचित रहेगा.
5. हलांकि इसबगोल से एलर्जी की समस्या नहीं के बराबर होती है. लेकिन फिर भी किसी-किसी को खुजली, चहरे पर सुजन या त्वचा पर चकते आदि लक्षण दिखाई पड़ सकते हैं. यदि आपको साइलियम से एलर्जी है तो इसबगोल का सेवन भूलकर भी न करें.
6. इसबगोल का नुकसान गर्भवती महिलाओं को तो और ज्यादा होता है. इसलिए गर्भावस्था के दौरान इसबगोल से उन्हें दूर ही रखना चाहिए. गर्भवती महिलाएं ऐसा करके इसके दुष्प्रभाव से बच सकती हैं.
I am suffering from cough from last 5 days also before I have cold that was finished .i have taken azee250 mg, borosol cough syrup. Also I am pregnant with 6 month ending.
I want to kwn tht. Nipples has itching from 2, 3 days and today on left nipples it was having little bit pain whn I pressed the nipple slightly. I can not understand why it's happening like this.
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
- Excessive abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal pain
- Missed / irregular periods
- Painful periods
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Headaches/back pain
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 25 year old. I already have 2 miscarriage. Last time I was having thyroid and I did not get the baby heart in 10 week after I got bleeding and go for dnc. This I am pregnant and having 5 week but with low hcg 403. What to do I am afraid.
A question of balance
The only issues would be if one partner doesn't want to have as much sex as the other, in which case the frequency needs to be negotiated. Most couples have to navigate this area at some point. The other issue is if your focus is so much on sex that you have no other way to relate to each other. Sex shouldn't be the only activity you enjoy together.
If you're single, daily sex isn't necessarily harmful, but it does indicate a rather one-dimensional approach to life. And the more sex you have with multiple partners, the more you increase your risk of unsafe sex. There are a few signs that could indicate your daily sex isn't healthy and may border on a sex or love addiction. If you find yourself thinking about, planning or pursuing sex for the majority of the day or night, so that your focus is not on your responsibilities, this is a problem.
Libido naturally fluctuates across the lifespan, and as a reflection of what's going on in your life and relationship. The amount of sex you're having must feel as though it's in balance with the rest of your life. The moment you feel it is unbalanced, take some time to get it back. Your life as a couple will be better for it.