Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Desai Kalpen JayantYour feedback matters!
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 52 years old and run between 8 to 9 kms six days a week. I often get muscle pull in calf and muscle below calf. What vitamin do I lack that I often get muscle pull which takes a long time to cure. I eat vegetables everyday and eggs sometimes. Kindly advice what I should do.
I want dislocation specialist doctor My left shoulder recurrent dislocation so at present I'm doing physiotherapy exercise actually operation should be done but operation causes I miss some moments permanently of my left hand so how can I proceed? Please give reply..
Whenever I get up in the morning or after any simple walk or some work my left heel starts paining badly. What is the solution for this heel ache?
I have fever from several six days. Heavy back and joint pain also. Please consult me how my fever will reduce.
I had stressed 2 months back and there was back pain ,stiffness in the shoulder. Although the problem is imaginative one rather than actual and 90 p.c. Not going to happen and I am also not afraid of now but tha backpain and stiffness is still persisting. Is there any solution.
I am a 17 years male, i'm having a back ache for last year and still it pains severely, I consulted a doctor, he gave some medicines of calcium (gemcol). Have relief but not much please help me for some suggestions on my posture?
My right hand not lift weight of 1+ kg & my right hand very weak he has not worked properly. So what should I do?
I am 19 years old male. I have been doing regular workouts for more than 2 years now. And my workouts includes lot of cardio. I more than 4000 skipping s with jump rope. I am used to it and I don't feel any difficulty. But I recently felt something on back of my leg behind my knees above the calf muscles. It feels like a string or vein or nerve is pulled and tightens and feels like it will tear with a sharp pain only when I straighten my leg. But still I could jump without any pain for more than ever. But after taking rest it starts again. But for your information there is no swelling or pain around the area. But sharp pain do occurs when I try to straighten my leg as if the string will tear? I don't know what it is. Please help me.
Hello, I m turning age of 28, since 10 years I m suffering from low back pain. Once in a year, I suffered from this low back pain for 1- 3 months. But this time it hurts very badly. I do always yoga and exercises related to pain. But I want permanent solutions, should I have take any medicines or calcium tablets or any other things. Please guide me.
Hot packs are very effective as they dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow, delivering needed nutrients and oxygen to cells in the area being heated, aiding the removal of cell waste and promoting healing.