Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DoshiYour feedback matters!
My progesterone level on cd 23 has come as 7.69 .what does this indicate abt ovulation and is the level sufficient to conceive. Shd I go for progesterone supplements. I am trying to conceive. Pls help.
Should I take folic acid tablet everyday or till the result is positive of my pregnancy coz result has not came so kya main tablet le sakti hu agar abhi tak pregnant hu ya nahin result nahi aaya.
Hi I had sex with my girlfriend for a few times then I used I pill tablet for her for three times in successive months now she is facing problem of having menstrual cycle for two times in a month and in this month she didn't even got menstrual cycle. please help
Respected sir/ma'am I m 23 yrs I miss my period over 10 days so I got the -ne result for pragnancy test so I was confused pregnant or not.
I had sex for the first time with a condom but that delayed my periods. Am I pregnant? Please advice me what to do.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
During sex with my husband . I had abdominal pain. We do daily 1 day 1 time then the 2nd time I have pain so I stopped. He get disappointed . What can I do for this. Any problem occur in abdomen .
This is for my friend. She is 24 and married for the last 3 months. She was telling me that she is not interested in having an intercouse with her husband as she is feeling tired and exhausted all the time. She says she does not have a sexual feeling at all. Please help her.
Limit carbohydrates; high insulin levels appear to inhibit ovulation in place of bad carbs like cookies cakes white bread and white rice include good carbs which contain fiber like fruit vegetables beans and whole grains.
Bean diet; plant protein comes with healthy fats and is relatively low in calories and can be helpful for weight loss
Go leafy; leafy greens like spinach romaine arugula broccoli and other dark leafy greens are high in folate, a b vitamins that improve ovulation
Whole milk; consume one or two servings a day of whole milk or other full-fat dairy foods such as yogurt as less non and low-fat dairy
No trans fat; avoid trans fats (found primarily in baked and snack foods animal products french fries and margarine) which increase insulin resistance
I am 26 female. Facing problem with my vagina. chole type se nisan ban gaye aur kahi kahi skin kat bhi gayi. At the time of urin bahut jaldi hai. And normally bahut itching ho rahi hai. please bataiye mai kya karu 2 3 din se ho raha h. I used patanjali neem soap at the time of bath. please sir give me a solution. I am very much disturb due to this problem.
I have been planing for my 2nd baby since 4-5 months. Nw we r planing to go on pilgrimage by d end of ths mnth. Cn I have tablets to postpone or prepare my periods. Is it save. Wat if I conceive ths mnth?
Does having sex regularly hamper the mensuration cycle time? I have checked with prega news, and it has been negative. And at the same time, my periods are 10days late, as of now. Is there something to worry? I have been using condoms every time too.
Hello doctor I am 8 month pregnant from last 4 5 days I am feeling pain in my stomach abdominal and back pain with water discharge also. Doctor prescribed medicine of 2 days and said if you will not get relief you have to admit in hospital for 2 3 days. I am stressed what if the baby will deliver in 8 month is it safe or not? Pls suggest me something.
Hi I am 26 years old female. My last period came on 19 april 2015. What are the days when my chances of being pregnant is higher. Also let me know how chances of getting pregnant can be increased.
Cancer that originates in the uterus is termed as Endometrial Cancers. The cancer is known to originate in the endometrium i.e. lining as well as the cells of the uterus. Abnormal vaginal bleeding causes the cancer to be detected early and a consultation with the doctor should be done immediately. When other cancers originating from the uterus are considered, endometrial cancer is found to be the most common.
Causes: The exact cause for endometrial cancer is not known clearly. The cells in the endometrium tend to become abnormal due to the occurrence of a genetic mutation, which causes rapid multiplication of cells that ultimately lead to the formation of a tumour like mass. They begin to spread to other parts and proceed to affect the tissues in the surrounding areas.
The typical symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Irregular bleeding in between periods
- 2. A watery discharge from the vagina
- 3. Bleeding from the vagina postmenopausal
- 4. Pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Risk factors that might increase the chances of being affected by endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Aging increases the chances of this disease, especially post menopause.
- 2. Obesity can cause hormonal imbalance.
- 3. Certain drugs used in hormone therapy
- 4. Early onset of menstruation, especially before 12 years of age
Treatment for Endometrial Cancer Includes:
- Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations, such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy (external machine is used to direct radiation on the cancer cells) and internal radiation therapy (radioactive substance enclosed within small and consumable items is placed near to or directly at the spot of cancer).
- Hormone therapy: Medications are administered to eliminate imbalances in hormone levels and prohibit the growth of cancer cells in the body. This remedy is preferred if the cancer progresses to an advanced stage.
- Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is curbed, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
- Surgery: In this surgery, the areas affected by cancer are surgically removed; i.e. the uterus in this case. The surgical procedures that might be used include total hysterectomy (total removal of uterus), radical hysterectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and part of the vagina) and Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes)