Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am patient of hyperprolactinaemia having cabgolin but breast discharge while touching. My prolactin level is normal. Can I conceive in is condition.
My friend is trying for baby from last 6 months neither she is pregnant nor her periods are coming. She used injections for avoiding around 9 months before. Please help.
I am 32 years of old. I am getting pregnant for 2nd time. My last menstulation cycle is 6th march 2015. Unfortunately I have taken doxycycline and lactic acid bacillus capsule 2 times a day for four days. Is there any problem for the pregnancy.
Are you experiencing irregular and fluctuating heartbeats? Is your heartbeat too fast or too slow? If yes, then it signifies that you are suffering from arrhythmias or abnormal heart rhythms. This is a disorder which affects the heart rate or heart rhythm and the heartbeat becomes irregular.
Causes of abnormal heart rhythms
Arrhythmias occurs due to problems with the electrical conduction system of the heart. In this case, abnormal signals might occur; the electrical signals might get blocked or slowed down, or the electric signals may travel in different paths throughout the heart. Abnormal heartbeats are commonly caused by the following:
- Abnormal potassium levels in the body
- Heart attacks or due to a damaged heart muscle, owing to a previous heart attack
- Inborn heart diseases
- Cases of an enlarged heart and heart failure
- Overreaction of the thyroid gland
- Several other substances or medicines may lead to arrhythmias, such as alcohol, stimulant drugs, caffeine, nicotine, and antidepressant medicines or blood pressure medicines.
Common symptoms of this condition apart from irregular heartbeat patterns include chest pain, fainting, dizziness and light-headedness, trouble in breathing and paleness.
Diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythms
For the diagnosis of arrhythmias, your doctor will use a stethoscope to listen to your heartbeat. Several health monitoring devices are used to detect abnormal heart rhythms. These include the Holter monitor and the event monitor, or a loop recorder.
Other diagnosis tests which are required to be carried out include coronary angiography, ECG or electrocardiogram, and an echocardiogram. A test known as an electrophysiology can be undertaken for getting a closer look at the electrical system of the heart.
Treatment for abnormal heart rhythms
When a case of arrhythmias is severe, urgent treatment is required for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal. The different forms of treatment are as follows:
- Electrical shock therapy such as defibrillation or cardioversion
- Implanting of a heart pacemaker for a short term
- Certain medications which are given through the veins or orally
- A group of medicines known as anti-arrhythmic drugs is used for the prevention of recurrence of the condition and to keep the heart rate from fluctuating continually.
- Cardiac ablation may be carried out for destroying some areas in the heart from where the rhythm problems are caused.
- An implantable cardiac defibrillator is used in people who are at a risk of facing cardiac death.
In case you experience abnormal heart rhythm, you must consult a doctor immediately. You should only start taking medicines and follow a treatment after it has been recommended by a doctor.
I am 33 years old. Mai pregnant hona chahti hu. 1 baby h mera 7+ boy. 2 nd issue k liye tips de k kaise jaldi pregnant ho ne k chances honge. Kya karu weight 70 kg.
Super Fact of the Day: About one in three people experience sneezing when moving from darkness to light!
Have you ever wondered as to why some people sneeze and some do not after a period of darkness and on getting exposed to light? It occurs as a result of the eyes getting excited by light and causing this reflex action of the body. About 25% to 33% of the population are known to sneeze when they are first exposed to light after a dark spell.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
How can I find out that my GF is pregnant or not. I had unprotected sex but ejaculate outside vagina on bed. Should I wait till her Menstruation cycle for confirmation. And how can I prevent birth of child. Pls suggest.
I had I pill 10 days ago. It was I think during my ovulation time. Till now I haven't got any withdrawal bleeding also I haven't experienced any side effects. Does that mean I am pregnant. Please help.
My wife is in doubt of pregnancy. She had not got date since 20 days. And if she does not want to pregnancy what she do?
There are many cosmetic procedures that are accessible to patients who need to surgically reposition the facial tissues that have loosened as one ages. One of them is the Vampire Facelift which uses infusions of the patient's own blood through an element known as Selphyl.
The Vampire Facelift, or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), includes extracting spoons of a patient's blood from their arm and spinning it in a rotator to isolate the plasma - the liquid part - from the red and white platelets.
The concentrated plasma, which is rich in platelets, is then infused into the face. A few experts pump it with dermal fillers to further lift up the loosened zones, for example, under the eye. The procedure is as follows:
Blood from the arm is extracted, which is then spun in a rotator to isolate the platelets.
The platelets are then re-infused into the skin with a fine needle and just infused into the areas that need be lifted or rejuvenated.
These infusions include a little fat as well, to make a smooth, rounder and plumper appearance.
During the Vampire facelift procedure, Hyaluronic corrosive (HA) fillers are utilised which help in lifting the skin from the bone to give your skin a decent shape with a younger look.
Again this HA filler would pursue the wrinkle that is connected with your face and make an alternate shape of the face which might look different from the original one.
Some of the advantages of this facelift are:
Change in skin surface and tone.
Reclamation of facial shape.
Growing new and younger tissues.
Superior option to neurotoxin (Botox) and different infusions.
Infusion of the blood causes no bruising, as it is a thin, watery liquid.
No allergy testing is required as the substance is the individual's blood.
However, there are certain disadvantages as well. These are as follows:
Most plastic surgeons do not believe in the efficacy of this procedure.
Uncertainty whether Selphyl has been FDA approved for facial revival.
There will be some redness in the rejuvenated area.
The Vampire Facelift takes a few weeks to bring about results.
The disadvantage with HA fillers is the way it will make your eyes hurt.
The infusions are not just used to smoothen the wrinkles on the face. It can likewise be utilised on different parts and areas of the body with diminished volume or wrinkles. The technology that is behind the Vampire Facelift is not new. Doctors have been utilising one's own plasma to help other procedures like bone mending after spinal wounds and to recover delicate tissues after plastic surgery for a long time. Like any sort of medicinal technique, it is important to conduct appropriate research to check whether it is ideal and suitable for your body and skin type. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.