Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. DiwanjiYour feedback matters!
Sir, My grandmother suffering from diabetes n high blood pressure from now a day she having problems in joints n its pain a lot she crys sometimes. So tell me what to do.
Mera left hand karib 4 mouths se kalai se upar bahh tak dard kar raha hi jayada kalai se baju ki bich so please kaya ho satata hai darrd ki vahah kafi Dr. ko dikha hua hu koi relief nahi hai.
When joints get inflamed, it is known as arthritis. This causes swelling and pain in the joints of your body such as the hips and the knees. When the cartilage gets damaged at the ends of bones, a type of arthritis called osteoarthritis occurs.
There are two main types of osteoarthritis:
- Primary: This type is more generalized. It affects the knees, fingers, hips, spine and thumb.
- Secondary: This type can occur after injury or joint inflammation, or as a result of any disease that affects the ligament's composition, like hemochromatosis.
How is the hip affected by osteoarthritis?
Patients have difficulties walking if they have hip osteoarthritis. Diagnosing hip osteoarthritis is difficult. It is because the pain appears in varied locations, such as the groin, buttocks, knee or thigh. The pain can be a dull throb or can be sharp and stabbing. The hip is usually stiff.
What are the causes of hip osteoarthritis?
The causes of hip osteoarthritis are unknown. However, the factors that can lead to osteoarthritis are joint injury, excessive weight and rising age.
Along with the abovementioned factors, the following may contribute as well:
- The joints may not have developed accurately
- The cartilage may have inherited the defects
- If the joints are too irritated due to added pressure on them, like excess body weight or stressful activities that include hip movement, osteoarthritis may develop.
What are the symptoms of hip osteoarthritis?
The symptoms of hip osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joints feel stiff when you get out of bed
- Joints feel stiff if you have been sitting for some time
- The joints feel painful, swollen or tender
- You can hear (a "crunching" sound) or feel the bones rubbing against each other.
- You find yourself unable to do certain things, like putting on socks, as it requires your hips to move.
How is hip osteoarthritis treated?
The main objective of treatment is to restore the patient's ability to move around. A part of this objective includes correcting the function of the hip and managing the pain. The treatment can include:
- Joint care and rest
- To take weight off the area affected, a cane is used
- Pain relief that does not involve drugs
- Shedding excess weight
- Alternative and complementary therapies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hi sir. This is mukunda frm hyd I have one problem sir, iam doing the job in marketing by using bike have sir. I have back pain iam not control. Pls give me solution. But my profession can't change talk me sir.
I am a 3 months pregnant woman, I am suffering with stomach, legs paining, when I consult the doctor she told due to weakness your getting this problem, she gave me medicine. I am using those rather than this If any suggestions you will give it's helpful to me And tell me anything y my legs are paining.
In the technologically advanced era one lives in, it is pretty much easy to use up one’s entire day glued to the digital screens; right from checking the social media updates while commuting to sitting before the computer for everyday work. Yet nobody is aware of the fact that apart from creating a social gap, these electronic gadgets can take a toll on their postures too.
- You lean against your desks with your neck leaned forward in an attempt to grasp what is on the computer screen and your hand on your mouse scrunched up on one side. Sadly, human body was never designed to pose in such a consorted way resulting in adverse side effects.
- The head usually weighs 10 to 12 pounds on an average when it is balanced evenly over the shoulders. However, with each extra tilt forward, the weight on your spine might escalate up to 60 pounds and even beyond that. Excessive weight on the spine can lead to its subsequent collapse.
- Too much use of tablets and smart phones for swiping or texting can cause inflamed index fingers, thumb joints and tendons. You tend to suffer from wrist pain, enfeebled grip or popping sound while moving the fingers. Typing with one thumb without giving considerable breaks in between can also exert stress on the fingers.
- Hunched over, shoulders slumped and necks bent down are the ways majority of the people use their electronic gadgets. This can trigger misalignment of the spine aggravating your health. Spine protects the nervous system, coordinating and controlling various functions of the body. Any sort of disruption might render a drastic consequence.
- Poor posture impacts the ligaments and muscles in a negative way giving way to a series of complications such as gastrointestinal problems, back or neck pain or severe curvature of the spine, heightening the risk of arterial or pulmonary problems.