Find numerous Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Divya PrabhatYour feedback matters!
I have problem of tonsillitis it swollen up very often leading to severe pain in tonsils please suggest some permanent solutions except for operation of tonsils.
I am 48 years old and suffering from sinus since last two months at times I am having on my left sid of for head left eye and left jaw. Please guide us the remedies ?
Im 18 years old I have block nose problem since 1 month im using Sinuforce nasal spray will it cure block nose permanently.
Having throat infection, consulted with many ENT doctors, they suggested me to do not take cooling foods and don't expose itself in winter like that, but its very difficult, throat pain will starts when cold starts. What should be correct treatment.
Since one month am suffering with throat infection. When I use tablets throat pail is less if I stop using tablets again am getting pain.
My 5 years old son is having frequent nose bleed for last one month. Though the amount of blood is quite less but the onset can be as frequent as twice a day. We consulted ENT doctor about 15 days back and he suggested its anterior and suggested paraffin drops along with Saline. This reduced the frequency but not entirely cured the problem. For last few days the frequency has again increased. We stay in Pune and the weather has been dry but changing now. He is taking Oleptal DT 150 twice a day for childhood epilepsy. Please suggest if we should revisit a specialist.
Sir I have tonsils from past 8 months. Regularly I am using pain killer tablets for this. I am very scared about operation. Except operation what should I do?
I was diagnostic on november with TSH-22.14. I am taking thyroid medicine regularly from november month. I have limbs form on/off in my throat around 7/8 years. I was diagnostic today with Tiny colloid cyst in both lobes of thyroid and Hyperechoic lesion in right lobe of thyroid. That mild cyst will go automatically or what I should do?
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants