Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Divya KadamYour feedback matters!
An in-vitro fertilisation procedure carried out to counter the problem of male infertility is Intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Male infertility factors include poor quality of sperm, low sperm counts, poor sperm movement or the disability to penetrate an egg. Azoospermia is one such rare condition wherein there is no sperm in the semen. Through this injection, a single sperm can be injected into the egg directly. The fertilised egg is placed into the woman s uterus or the fallopian tubes. The first successful birth using this procedure was on January 1992 after the conception took place in April 1991.
Sperm can be collected from the male through masturbation. If this procedure somehow fails then sperm can be removed through a surgery. Using a small incision, sperm can be withdrawn from the testicle and is used in the procedure. If the ejaculation of sperm is prevented due to a blockage or if the problem arises in the development of the sperm, surgery method is used.
Injecting the sperm
This is performed through the following steps. A specialised pipette or a glass tube is used to hold the egg, a single sperm is picked with the help of a sharp and delicate needle, the needle is then inserted carefully into the cytoplasm of the egg through the egg shell, then the sperm gets injected into the cytoplasm and the eggs are checked to see whether they have been adequately fertilized.
After this process is done, eggs which are fertilised successfully are selected and placed into the uterus with the help of a catheter. The number of embryos an individual needs to transfer is determined depending on the age of the person and other health issues. For this purpose, a thorough full body check-up is carried out and the medical history is checked during the preliminary consultations.
Expectations from the treatment
The treatment of fertilisation using an Intracytoplasmic sperm injection can be demanding, both physically and mentally for the woman (mother). An individual has to go through regular shots and monitoring including blood tests. There are moments when the shots can be painful for the woman undergoing the procedure.
The reason behind the procedure
When a male is having severe infertility issues, the method of ICSI is helpful. There are times when very little sperm or no sperm ejaculation, the eggs can be fertilised through this procedure. Testing of an embryo for genetic problems is also accomplished through this procedure. When in vitro fertilisation or IVF does not work even after trying repeatedly, then couples can undergo the treatment using ICSI.
When ICSI is used along with better quality eggs, it is seen to be successful on many occasions. Especially for men who have sperm ejaculation issues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
After tubectomy how much time we have to avoid direct sex. After operation we have to use condom for some days as told by some doctors . Is it correct when both the fallopian tubes cut then how sperms reach .I want to do free sex with my wife. If tubectomy freeze my wifes sex drive. Pl tell me in detail. I am very much worried about this matter because we both want to live a healthy sex life. Please guide.
Hi, my wife had ectopic pregnancy surgery and left fallopian tube ruptured and they removed thru laparoscopy surgery and she now only right fallopian tube and it is healthy. Is it possible to get natural pregnancy in future or can we take IUI procedure in future. Please suggest.
Sir, sex karne ke safe day's kis date ko hote h because female pregnant na ho but female ke period ke safe days kaunsa se hote h ?
I'm 23 years old female not getting pregnancy mine age 23 and husband age 35 married about 1 and half year. My lmp's are 22/1/16, 3/3/16, 11/4/16, 9/5/16, 12/6/16, 13/7/16 and my scanning report Impression: normal abdominal pelvic sonography. And thyroid function test T3-1.33ng/ml T4-8.57 mcg/DL Thyroid stimulating hormone-0.69mciu/ml am taking folic acid tablet and gynovit syrup about 3 months but medicine taken left in last month. My husband semen analysis report Sperm count-68millions/ml, Rapid progressive motility-70%, Slow/sluggish progressive motility-10%, Motility -20% Impression: normozoospermia. Is All reports are normal? These are our reports no period til today 10 days after missed period taking home pregnancy test taken but showing negative, is it agin to take test wn to take tell me Dr. Please? Otherwise wt is problem in me please tell me what to do is vegetarian is good for me and did I stop daily traveling please ans me Dr. Please Dr.
Hi I am 25 years old girl I have a baby girl 7 months old, me and my husband planned a trip for 1 week without our baby girl, still I give breastfeeding my problem is after 1 week trip my milk will stop, how to continue my breastfeeding after that trip pls advice.
There is very little awareness or action to ensure vaginal health for women. There aren't many public discussions to be witnessed and women basically survive on whatever little they know and experience.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your vaginal health, naturally:
1. Drink lots of water - our body is 70% water. And water alone is the cure to a lot of our basic health problems. To have a healthy vagina too, you should drink a lot of water. The science behind this is that mucous vaginal membranes need a lot of water.
2. Go nuts - almonds, flaxseeds, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, and such nuts should be eaten in plenty. The essential minerals in them regulate your monthly cycle and also ensure that you do not face dryness, itchiness, etc.
3. Have garlic - we all know that garlic has anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. Eating them raw helps cure infections. Wrapping a clove of fresh garlic into gauze and making a sort of a tampon, inserting it into your vagina and leaving it overnight would actually cure itchiness, dryness and infections.
4. Try cranberry juice - cranberries (the pure form, and not the bottled ones) are known to be beneficial for the bladder. They also acidify the urine and balance the ph in your vagina.
5. Less sugar is good - sugars, wheat and alcohols should be avoided when trying to heal an infection. It is advisable to consume these products as less as possible. The sweetness from all these foods disbalance the ph level of the vagina. If you want your vagina to be healthy, avoid rich, processed and sugary foods, and eat a balanced diet with a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My girlfriends period ended yesterday and we had sex today. She took an I pill in the evening, will she get pregnant? When can she check her pregnancy status using Prega news?
My husband and I have been in a blissful marriage, and were expecting a healthy baby. When I conceived, like every mother I started planning for my child's future, the school, the clothes, the extra curricular activities and the sports he/she will play. But along with all this, I wanted my child to grow up be to good looking and fair. Me and my husband have always been dark skinned but I wants my child to be fair. The ‘Natural Brite Kit’ came to my rescue and was an immense blessing. All I had to do was follow certain diet instructions and also take some oral supplements during the sixth month of pregnancy. Few months later my daughter was born with smooth and fair skin, making my mother-in-law very happy! All of this was possible thanks to ‘Natural Brite Kit’.
This is just one example of the success of ‘Natural Brite Kit’ among many such cases from the patients who used them. This medication uses bach flower therapy and other forms of herbal treatment within the realm of Ayurveda. It helps in the purification of the body and thus acts as a cleansing agent for the skin. It is administered for a month in the sixth months of pregnancy and results in a fair complexion for the developing baby. The herbs used in this medication have healing powers which go with the general ideology of Ayurveda, which is to heal the body by promoting balance between the natural forces within it. As an ancient science, Ayurveda has an immense knowledge base and expertise in therapeutic and preventive medicines.
We don’t want to portray that fair skin is better than dark skin. However, for a long time, fair skin has held an advantage within our country. One of the manifestations of this is when relatives ask whether a new born baby is fair or not. With our medication, it helps the baby in the present and the future with not being judged and being given more opportunities.
Is this form of treatment safe?
In an extensive trial wherein over 1200 pregnant women participated, a combination of Bach flower therapy and a Naturopathic diet was given in the sixth month of pregnancy. This study spanned over a period of five years and among the 1200 patients, 1169 women gave birth to fair babies. That is a success rate of well over 97 %.
The contents of the ‘Natural Brite Kit’ are
a. Herbal supplements
b. Literature in the form of a booklet
The booklet has detailed information about the panel doctor, the mechanisms and the principles of action according to “Ayurveda and Bach flower therapy” along with the dosage instructions for the oral supplements.
The herbal medications in the package include
a. Apple Grow Pills
b. Shubangakalp Granules
c. Suprabhavati Tablets
How does the treatment work?
The target stage of the start of this treatment is the 6th month of the gestation period. Following a specific and strict diet is a primary protocol of this treatment. Other things to be followed are certain rules regarding dressing (such as the exclusion of dark clothes), avoiding exposure to the sun and the intake of supplements as per the instructions.
The supplements have three separate parts and details on how to use them are mentioned in the booklet.
What would be the expected Results?
A glowing, healthy and fair complexion for your child
I had my last periods on 5th of Jan 2015. I am a thyroid patient since last 4 to 5 months. Currently on Thyronorm 50 mcg. Last 3 to 4 mentural / period cycles were 21 days . current test of my thyroid is TSH - 3.17 micro IU/ ml, Free T3 - 3.98 pg/mL, Free T4 - 9.77 pg/mL, TEST DONE ON 24.01.2015 I had my pregnancy test done on 24.01,2015 which was negative. But till date i have not got my periods. Can i still have some chance that i have conceived. I was planning to conceive for the last 6 months. Requesting your advice
I am 22 year old female I had sex with my boyfriend on 24 th feb at night and I took I pill on 27th feb in the morning my period date is 12th and we had an unprotected sex but he did not ejaculate while having sex I am worried of pregnancy I am feeling sore breasts and bloating in tummy.
Hi I recently delivered a baby it's been 2months now I have put on weight very badly n people at home say not to diet coz of feeding n I'm not suppose to go out until baby is 5-6 months.. I'm a vegetarian please suggest me how to reduce weight? Actually my eating capacity is included now may b coz of feeding the baby. I used to jog 5kms before marriage (1.5 years back) now I'm really not sure if I can jog so much. Coz I feel very weak I had a normal delivery only. When visited doc she told me to lose weight. So please suggest me if there is any way of reducing weight. Thanks in advance doctor..
Dr. im a married woman its been 5 months and my periods date was on 5th september but I got my periods on 22nd october im having hormone imbalance so im taking the medicines mentioned for my periods to come correctly for tht im having veg. So I would like to know is it tht im pregnant or becoz of any other cause.
I am Married, having hypothyroidism since 2004, we are trying for baby for past six months , my recent tsh level was 8.3microIU/ml, and dosage 50 mcg, In order to conceive should I need any extra dosage? And is there is any optimum level of tsh for conceiving? Why I am not able to conceive? Kindly help me out with your suggestions.
I am 28 years I have bilateral polycystic ovaries, s. Prolactin 17.83np/dl ut: 6.0x3.0x3.5 nd Et: 7 mm prescribed conceive f and benforce m for 6 months. Please tell how is my health can I become pregnant. What precautions I should take? My period got now by taking susten 100mg for 7 days twice and period was only 2 days. Please help me.
Hello doctor, I'm 24 year old having pcod and trying to conceive. I'm using stri rasayan vati, falghrit, chsndraprabha vati is it really helpful to me? Can I conceive with this medicines?
There was a couple ( X & Y) who had come to me for alleviation, from their sexual dysfunction. They were extremely distressed and were not having sex since a long duration, their communication had eroded and they were just existing for the kids sake. However the lady finally took the step and decided to seek help that is when she searched for a lady doctor who is into sexual medicine, approached her spouse and convinced him.
- When I examined their case in my chamber I found them to have a lot of sadness and bitterness. The husband complained that his wife was completely non responsive sexually hence he did not want to have sex with a cold corpse. out of anger & to teach the wife a lesson stopped having sex with her. He confided that he didn't have any affairs due to his conservative upbringing plus he loved his kids too much to get involved anywhere as he saw his office colleagues suffer as an aftermath of an affair.
- The wife said to me she did care for her husband but she was NoT sexually satisfied by her him in any case so she was glad that they don't have sex at all but off late it has been pricking her her mind that the gap was increasing between them drastically hence she wanted to repair it.
- I put the couple on sex Therapy which teaches a couple to unlearn and relearn about the art of sensuality. Touching is a very significant part of sexuality and sensuality, opening all our five senses while touching sensually, whispering sweet nothings, giving and taking feedback of what feels good and preserving intercourse for the last part of the treatment modality. Also they began to slowly communicate via SMS and emails about needs, wants & fantasies. Complimenting each other, rediscovering their physical pleasure. The Couple was compliant and followed their doctors advice.
- With the above case as example I would like to stress on the fact that women want a communicative partner who is kind and passionate rather than only an orgasm. Women look for wanting be desirable in their partners eyes, they want a hard erection rather than a long penis. Women's sexual wants are rather simple but inability to communicate makes it look complex. Please don't hesitate seeking medical advice when in need, a stitch in time saves nine! So now that some mysteries are open guys please take the hint and see your sexual lives bloom.