Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DivyaYour feedback matters!
Every person faces ups and downs in life, the difference lies in how we deal with the low points of our life. Losing someone you love is probably the saddest experience anyone can go through. Our natural reaction to such a loss is grief. The more significant the loss; the more intense your grief will be. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and everyone grieves in a different way.
However, here are a few healthy ways you can cope with your loss to move on with your life.
1. Build a support system: When you are grieving, you may feel that nobody understands how you feel and would want to isolate yourself. Do not allow yourself to withdraw into a shell and instead build a support system of friends and family who you trust. You could also visit a counselor who is trained to deal with such situations. Joining a support group can also help.
2. Face your grief: Not allowing yourself to grieve can do more harm than good. You can suppress your grief for a short time but you cannot avoid it forever. The longer you avoid facing it, the more difficult it will be. Suppressing grief can also lead to a number of health problems such as depression, substance abuse and anxiety.
3. Look after your health: When grieving for the loss of a loved one, you may not feel hungry and may want to simply lie in bed all day. But you must instead get out, eat right and exercise regularly. When the body is healthy, you not only feel better physically but also emotionally. Avoid turning to alcohol and drugs to lift your mood.
4. Express yourself: Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea. However, sometimes talking about how you feel can be difficult. In such situations, look for alternate means of expressing yourself. For examples, you could try painting or start a scrapbook.
5. Look out for grief triggers: What makes coping with the loss of a loved one difficult is the fact that you share a number of life events with them. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and festive occasions can bring back memories of the person and overwhelm you. To successfully heal, you must plan ahead for events like this that will trigger grief. Do not allow yourself to be alone at such times.
6. Seek professional help: Sometimes, when you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, you find yourself sinking into depression or find it difficult to resume your normal lifestyle. It is a good idea to consult a mental health practitioner or counselor.
I have started consuming Apple cider vinegar for weight loss from today (in the diluted form). I feel little burning sensation in my body for few minutes. Does it have any side effects? Shall I continue or stop?
My Wife is 7months pregnant, the reason is blood is not going (flowing) to the baby through ampliclecod what will be the problem as well as we are relatives we have same blood group but baby is fine please tell about this.
I had unprotected sex on the 4th day of my periods. He didn't ejaculate inside. Will I be pregnant? Pls help.
Hi, my wife is taking vitamin-D3 and folic acid powder for conceive. Now she is feeling mouth and tongue roughness. And can't eat any spicy food. Is there any problem?
I have marks due to pimples not pores too so I just want to get rid of it. And sometimes I got heat boil in my vagina.
Pain is a feeling of distress that is caused by intense damaging stimuli. It is one of the most common reasons that compels the patient to consult a physician and take painkillers. In the long run, painkillers have adverse effects on our body. While most of the times, the cause of the pain is diagnosed, there are cases in which the cause remains undiagnosed. Homeopathy is a system of medicine that is based on symptoms and has no side effects and thus, it is most effective in the treatment of both muscle and joint pains.
Here we give you a list of common homeopathic pain medications that are prescribed to give relief to patients and the circumstances under which they can be used.
- Bryonia- It is given when there is a hot swollen joint, pain from overuse of body part or injury. The slightest movement aggravates the pain and is relieved of the pressure on the affected part.
- Causticum - It is recommended for muscle spasm, stiff neck and pain. The character of the pain is sharp and tearing and is caused by cold dry weather. The patient is relieved by the warmth.
- Arnica Montana - Arnica is suggested when a patient has sore, bruised feeling all over the body. The patient is very sensitive to the pain and everything on which he rests seems very hard. Arnica is a top remedy in case of injury from falling, sprain and bruise.
- Rhus Toxicodendron- A first choice of remedy in case of rheumatism and back pain. The right side of the body is especially affected. The patient experiences stiffness and aching pain that aggravates during the rainy season, in the morning, on exposure to cold and also by rest. Pain is relieved by moving the affected parts and by warmth.
- Cuprum Metallicum- It is given in cases of muscle twitching or severe muscle spasm. The patient feels better when the painful area is massaged.
- Magnesia Phosphorica - This is the best medicine for all types of pain, especially when the pain is in the right side of the body. The pain is aggravated by cold and movement and is relieved by heat and rest in the general. This is suggested to relieved lower abdomen pain during menstruation.
- Pulsatilla- This is an excellent remedy for rheumatic pains that shifts from one joint to another. Homeopathic medicine is suggested after a thorough understanding of patient symptoms and the medication differs from patient to patient. So it is better to consult a homeopathic physician to select a suitable medicine to get relieved from pain.
Making love brings an intimacy between the couple that connects them in all ways, not just physical. Couples who do not have a great love life usually do not have a very fulfilling relationship. Though not openly admitted to, sexual problems are very common. Given the private nature of the issue, not many frankly talk about it though. However, sexual problems are quite common and can be attributed to a combination of physical and emotional reasons.
Sexual problems can be threatening to the health of the relationship and can break relationships too. Read on to know some of the most common sexual problems in men and women and simple but sure ways to deal with them.
Common Sexual Problems in Men
Impotence: This is defined as the inability to attain and/or sustain an erection long enough for a satisfying intercourse. Quite a common problem, it can be due to relationship issues, hormonal problems, or performance anxiety. A frank talk with the partner and if required a counseling session can help identify the cause, and the problem seems to disappear.
Loss of Libido: This is a loss of arousal or reduced sex drive. This again has a strong physical and psychological component to it. Hypertension, diabetes, stress, hormonal issues, performance anxiety, and relationship issues are some of the reasons for loss of drive.
Ejaculation Disorders: Premature ejaculation is the early release of sperm. Retrograde ejaculation is when the sperms are released in the reverse direction back into the bladder. Delayed ejaculation is where there is delayed the release of sperms. There is often an underlying physical reason for this, which if corrected, helps in correcting the issue.
Treatment: For most sexual problems, acknowledging is the first step towards effective treatment. There are medications and hormonal supplements which are quite effective. Sex education, frank communication with the partner, and if required counselling is quite effective. Other therapies include hormone replacements, vacuum devices and penile implants.
Common Sexual Problems In Women:
Decreased Libido: Reduced sexual drive is more common in women than men. This could be due to hormonal issues (menopausal), strained relationships, vaginal and gynecologic infections, pelvic pain, painful sex, uterine disorders, etc.
Dyspareunia: Painful sexual intercourse is very common in females, and as much as 75% of women have experienced this during their sex life. Very commonly caused by vaginal dryness, vaginal infections, uterine disorders, UTIs and menopause. This again contributes to reduced libido. Lubricants, topical antibiotics and hormonal supplements can be used in addition to treating the underlying condition.
Treatment: For most sexual problems, as noted already, acknowledging and admitting is the first step. Treatment involves addressing underlying physical issues like hormonal imbalance, antibiotics, topical lubricants, etc. Counselling and involving the partner are most effective.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Here is a list of problems that can arise due to sedentary living.
1) lower back problems - you should always remember to keep your back straight while sitting for long time periods with arms bent at right angles and flat feet. A slouched back can result in herniated lumbar disks and stiff psoas muscles.
2) decreased brain function - sitting at one place for a long time without breaks adversely affects the performance of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (or bdnf), a process which is responsible for the discharge of protective genes and mood-enhancing chemicals by pumping fresh blood and oxygen to the brain. This in turn results in a foggy brain which leads to reduced concentration levels, forgetfulness and confusion.
3) blood clots - it has been proven that sitting at a desk or couch for a long time period can lead to severe deep vein thrombosis (dvt). Obese people are all the more vulnerable to the threatening condition which occurs as a result of reduced blood circulation.
4) chronic organ diseases - a sedentary lifestyle greatly reduces the fat burning capacity of the body and decreases blood flow; heightening the risk of fatty liver disease, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments, digestive problems and clogged arteries.
5) misalignment of the skeleton - when you sit at your desk for long hours, your posture is bound to suffer as you tend to slouch with humped shoulders and a craned neck. This eventually leads to permanent misalignment and repetitive stress injuries.
6) muscular degeneration - the less you use your muscles, the faster they degenerate. Sitting around for too long greatly weakens your abdominal muscles, upper and lower spine, neck and shoulders.
If you have any further questions on how you can lead a healthier lifestyle, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.