Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dipti ShahYour feedback matters!
Bad breath is a dental problem which could also emanate due to poor digestion. It can also be experienced as a side effect of other ailments as well as medications. Smoking and bad diet may lead to this and it usually becomes a matter of low self-esteem as time goes by. Homeopathy is one of the most natural forms of medication, treatment and wellness when it comes to such problems that affect the lifestyle of the patient. These medicines usually combine very small doses of naturally found elements so as to cure an ailment or condition. Yet, it is important to remember that one must get a prescription for these medicines from a professional medical practitioner.
Read on to know more about the types of homeopathic remedies available for bad breath.
- Merc Sol: If your bad breath problem also comes with symptoms like a moist mouth or constant dribbling, then this medicine may be prescribed. This usually happens when the salivary glands become too active and produce more moisture than what the mouth can handle on a normal basis.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is usually prescribed if the patient complains of a dry mouth along with a bad breath problem. This helps in treating related symptoms like the lack of proper hydration due to the lack of thirst. Not drinking enough water can also lead to the problem of dry mouth and thereafter, a bad odour from the mouth.
- Kreosote: This medicine is considered as a very effective medication for bad breath, especially if the bad breath takes place due to caries in the teeth. This medicine can also help patients who are experiencing bleeding gums along with caries and bad breath.
- Hepar Sulphur and Carbo Veg: The combination of these two medicines is known as one of the best when it comes to treating bad breath. The other symptoms that call for the prescription of these medicines include Gingivitis or gum infection related problems and symptoms. When there is bleeding and pus in the gums due to the infection, then this medicine is usually prescribed. Excessive salivation is also another symptom that is treated by this medicine combination. Hepar Sulphur can be used if there is a throat-related infection or ailment that can lead to the problem of bad breath.
- Carbolic Acid: A homeopathic doctor will usually prescribe this medicine if the problem of bad breath is accompanied by intense and perpetual pain in the abdomen. The patient will also complain of gas in stomach due to the ailment that affects the stomach in such cases. This gives rise to many symptoms including bad breath. Loss of appetite is also treated by this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I have lost two major teeth due to tooth decay how normal biting can be established and dental implant are safe or not.
Please suggest lowest price for dental breezes in Hyderabad Hospitals (specially in old city). Thanking you, Sanjay Kulkarni.
Hey im 24 years old im having itching sensation on roof of mouth and ears when cold air passes through my nose im having this problem since I was kid, I nver really thought it was a problem before but it starts worrying me now so I want to know what is the cause and how to get rid of it.
I am 20 years old girl. I have black stains on my upper nd lower teeth. Someone told me that potassium permanganate will clearly remove the stains. Is that true. Can I use that salt for cleaning the stains. please help me.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers they are too painful I drink coconut water everyday but can not see any improvements.
How I protect my hair from being whiting and how I overcome from problem of hair fall? How I protect my teeth from decay?
I am 68 years old male, 59 kgs, 5'7" I feel bitter taste in my mouth most of the time. It is specially severe when I get up in the morning. Motions are more or less normal. Shall be grateful for advise.
Sir, I suffered from mouth ulcer. It frequently happens to me in interval of 10-15 days. What's the solution?
I have got sore mouth from last 2 days. I am using bikasaul capsules with folic acid tablet, but no improvement.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.