Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh JainYour feedback matters!
Sir im 17 year old male i'm suffering from acne/ pimple from last 1 and half year. Please prescribe me face wash and proper treatment.
I am having many acne on my face and they al are getting bigger day by day please suggest me ,how to get rid of these acne ,this is all happening to me from past 6 months ,when some got healed then new ones will appear on my face, pls suggest me something what should I do.
There is pain in my nose. Puss and a pimples has been formed on the tip of nose. Swelling all over the left cheek and on the upper part of nose. Feeling restless since last nite. Terrible pain on washing face aur at the time of sleeping. Had seropen-DP and Rabesec-D. Any other pills would you like to suggest. Please do the needful and suggest what to do. So much in pain.
I'm getting blackheads on my nose and whiteheads around lips and chin area please help me how to get ride of this.
What is Acne?
Acne is a chronic inflammatory disease of the pilo sebaceous follicles (i.e. Hair with oil producing glands attached to hair) characterized by comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), papules, pustules, nodules and ultimately leading to scars.
Who gets Acne?
Close to 100% of people between the ages of twelve and seventeen have at least an occasional whitehead, blackhead or pimple regardless of race or ethnicity. Acne starts between the ages of ten and fifteen years of age and usually lasts till twenty years of age; however, acne can persist into the late twenties or thirties or even beyond. Some people get acne for the first time as adults and this is known as adult acne.
What are the causes of Acne?
- Bacteria: Bacteria that normally lives on the skin plays a role in acne development. The bacteria are known as propionibacterium acnes (p. acnes). The bacteria content can increase in people whose faces are not clean.
- Hormones: During the teen years increased levels of sex hormones causes the oil glands of the skin to produce increased amount of oil. These excess skin oils tend to bind with cellular debris causing a blockage and producing a fertile environment for the bacteria to grow.
The bacteria causes inflammation, pus, swelling and redness. In adult acne, excessive hormones produced due to polycystic ovaries and other hormonal imbalances causing excess oil production and inflammation, which leads to acne.
What are the factors that precipitate or aggravate acne?
- Stress- Stress is frequently implicated in aggravation of acne while acne itself induces stress.
- Sweat- Sweating in a hot and humid environment causes deterioration in 15% of acne patients.
- Menstruation- Pre menstrual flare of acne occurs in 70% of female acne patients.
- Friction and pressure- Friction and pressure from helmets, backpacks and tight collars can induce blackheads and papules. Pressure from face massages or facials can aggravate acne.
- Pregnancy- Pregnancy has an unpredictable effect on acne. Pre-existing acne may aggravate or remit during pregnancy.
- Diet- High glycemic load foods (sugar loaded and starchy foods), oily foods may aggravate acne.
- Drugs- Oral contraceptives, anti tuberculosis medication, oral steroids, anti depressants may aggravate acne.
It is advisable to visit a board certified dermatologist for treatment of acne instead of over the counter treatment as the dermatologist treats the root cause of acne.