Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Dina ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 20 old I have eye problem I was consulting doctor for last 10 months they given medicines but not getting normal there are its an allergy.
How to overcome darkcircles . i am very much tensed from this. please give me some solution to overcome from this problem
Sir, my eye power is very less and I am professional athetlete so I can't wear specks while playing because of that my ppwer on both eye is _2.75 what should I do to prevent my eye or is there any type of specks which can be worn while playing.
Hi doctor, how to reduce eye stress? I work on for 7 hours in a day. Please suggest some foods also that can be helpful for eyesight. Thanks
My left eye vision is 6/60 & right is 6/6& AR is for left is +0.75/-1.25 (8) & right is +0.00/-0.00 please tell which kind of effect is? & how can I cure this.
Feeling like Itching in eyes always at both the side of the eyes in the corner near nose and also throughout the day eye booger get accumulated near corner of my eyes. What is thr reason? Which eye drop should I take?
I am 45 year old unmarried male desperate to marry but can not marry due to circumstances like no job. I feel my body heated up my eyes burning, even feet burns, I get night falls in between for the last 10-15 years could be more. I am using Himalaya ophthacare eye drops which gives me little relief from burning eyes. I request you to let me know a homeopathic medicine for the issue I am facing. Regards, Monty. 45 years male from Nashik asked I am 45 year old unmarried male desperate to marry but can not marry due to circumstances like no job. I feel my body heated up my eyes burning, even feet burns, I get night falls in between for the last 10-15 years could be more. I am using Himalaya ophthacare eye drops which gives me little relief from burning eyes. I request you to let me know a homeopathic medicine for the issue.
My father is suffering fro leg pain he can't walk so far and also my father eyes also he can't see properly the white layer had came in black boll in eyes can you please say wats the solution.
I have head ache due to eye sight. My eye sight had been increased from -1 to -2, but i'm still having my old -1 skeptical. Is the head ache due to the old skeptical.
I use computer daily almost 4 to 5 hours a day. What precautions I need to take to protect my eyes? Because sometimes I feel redness of eyes.
My eyes are burn when I saw lights or screens frequently and also dry what will I do to reduce this?
How can I cure ptosis. This us from nt born. I got in middle. Few months back. Pls suggest me. My eye lid is dropped little bit. How can I cure?
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"