Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip S. LokhandeYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have been married for 4 months. These days my menstrual cycle is unscheduled. It gets delayed by 5-6 days every month. Also, I am getting heavy bleeding with pain in back & leg calves & a lot weakness which makes me unable to keep active and get up of bed. I have a problem of vertigo frequently, however I don't know if it's related to this anyhow. Please suggest if all this is normal or any home remedy can help or should I consult in personal. Thanks.
Rare forms of bone oriented tumours are giant cell tumours, which are mostly found in the bones that are long. This tumour is mostly found in young people between the age of 25 to 40 years and is more common in women than in men. The slow progressive growth of this tumour is more like a lesion rather than a mass, and it causes significant pain. It can also lead to bone destruction. Let us find out the various facets of these tumours including causes, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- Causes: The actual cause of this condition is not yet known, although many orthopaedic specialists tend to associate it with Paget disease, which is a chronic bone disorder. The main symptoms of this disease include enlargement and deformity of the bones. Giant cell tumours are not associated with injuries, genetics or environmental factors.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms that can point at the presence of the giant cell tumour. These include pain in the joints surrounding the bone on which the tumour is growing. Also, inflammation and fractures might be caused due to this growth. The surrounding joints may face difficulty as far as movement goes, and fluid retention might also take place.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by an orthopaedic specialist who will conduct an x-Ray to study the area surrounding the bone. This will help in throwing up images of the tissue, bones and other organs in the area. The doctor may also carry out a biopsy during which tissue samples will be procured for further examination under a microscope, so as to determine whether or not the growth is a malignant one. Also, radionuclide bone scans may be conducted to find out if there is any bone change due to other bone diseases and this tumour.
- Treatment: The treatment of this condition will depend largely on the patient's age and medical history where the doctor may take stock of any other ailments and diseases which may or may not interfere with the chosen path of treatment. One of the ways of treating this condition is with surgery that will help in removing the damaged bone. In very severe cases, amputation may also be required. Further, bone reconstruction surgery can also be followed for treatment.
- Prognosis: Local recurrence is a risk as far as giant cell tumours are concerned. A CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvic area should be carried out in a routine manner for at least two years after treatment.
Any persistent inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor to detect any such growth.
Can l take seven seas cod liver oil capsules which are rich source of vitamin D if l am suffering from allergic rhinitis for long. As have heard that vitamin D improves immunity and resistance to disease.
I have been in depression from 4 months. And I can't sleep at night. Sometimes I break down. and cry all the time at night. What should I do doctor? Please help me out.
How to be depression free. Suggest good . Methods in ayurveda to be depression rsn free and to have peace. If possible give me steps to do. .
I am sumit my age is 18. Years because my weight is 90 kg very high then very bad problem of my body why?
Dear madam/sir, I am very stressed and depressed. I am law student and I am in a relationship since 4 years since school time. Now I am in second year law. We are from same town but after 12th grade we moved to different cities to pursue further studies. My relationship is getting worst we fight alot .we abuse each other too. He has abused me several time but now its hurting my self respect. He is a very nice person though when he comes to visit me he take good care of mine. But as soon as he goes back he does not care. Yesterday we fought and he blocked me without caring that I am crying and getting panic so much. Madam I get panic very much and can cry for hours. Its difficult for me to concentrate on my studies I feel very depressed and hopeless my confidence level has also gone done. I am also facing health problem. This relationship is going worst and its harming me emotionally very much. I want to get out of itmadam/sir I am very ambitious person but it feels like I can not do anything. Pls madam/sir advice me. It will b really grateful.
Hello sir, I am 22 years old, suffering from stomach pain and my weight is also less just 41 kg. Please help me.
Sir me jab bhi tongue cleaner se clean karta hu toh tongue se khoon niklne lag jaata hai. Mera tongue cleaner smooth hai toh bhi khoon niklta hai.please help
I am experiencing hair loss from several previous years due to which some portion of my head has lost total hair plus I have dandruff issues.
As a physician, i'm used to my patients asking, what would you do if you were me? when we're discussing treatment options. Over the past few years, though, they started making different inquiries, too, such as: what do you do to stay healthy? how do you find the time to exercise? do you lift weights? do you eat gluten? fat? sugar? how do you get your kids to eat vegetables? and even, do you cook? clearly, they were craving authoritative guidance on living a healthy lifestyle, but they also wanted to know what worked in the real world.
More: 5 healthy eating tips for real-life challenges
They see me as someone who has a similar lifestyle - like many of my patients, I balance a demanding job and family responsibilities - but who also has insider knowledge of what really works and what isn't worth my (or their) time. And from talking to other health-care professionals, I know that my patients weren't the only ones hungry for this information.
That's why I teamed up with the editors of prevention to write what doctors eat. We got health experts from around the country to share their personal eating tips, and as we combed through their tips, we noticed a pattern. Although personal tastes differ, the brain doctor, the cardiologist, the oncologist, the obstetrician, the registered dietitian, and the exercise physiologist all follow the same fundamental eating principles.