Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilip A. Kirpalani
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip A. KirpalaniYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old I am suffering by IgA nephropathy (Minimal Change disease) for last five years. I was advised to take defza 40 mg alternate days tablet previously by the nephrology doctor at trivendram. Now I am unable to consult him and find another one at nagercoil and taken tests found that my albumin level in urine is 24 hrs urinal protein is 1500 mg/l. Now I am advised to take less tablet and vitamin protein tablet. Which shall I follow other tahn albumin imy kidney function are normal.(creatine and all are normal)
Hello sir/madam, Im suffering from a pain in pennis when I am urinating And causing a pus (purulence) from the pennis From last two days Is this a infection due to heat Or due to sperms? Please reply me with a solution and medicine Thank you.
Doctor saheb, mere father ko left side Bali kidney ki taraf cyst hai kya ye jaanleba ho Sakta hai ya iska operation karbana padega, ya phir medicine se thik ho Sakta hai. Kripya karke meri sahayta kren.
Last few days I have a tendency to vomit and after urine pass tendency to pass again. Yesterday I have small stomach pain also. Is there any problem?
Dear Doctor, Please help with your advise. My wife is aged 46 years, since last three years she is getting UTI repeatedly. Erythrocystoscopy was performed - result is normal. Extreme Hygiene she keeps. There is burning and she has to sit for almost 5 mins to pass out the urine completely. She takes ample water almost 4-5 lts. Each cycle of antibiotics which is changed as per urine culture report lasts for almost 3 months. Then after a gap of 2-3 months it comes again. Drops of urine comes with deep cough. Please suggest treatment. Thanks.
How to use "POTRATE -SF "syrup? Once I use it but forget how to use. I have urinal problem for a few days. Can I use it if so how to consume?
I am suffering from kidney stones. Rk have 4 mm stone, Lk 3 mm. Stone (lower poles 4-5 mm). Scanning gave Impression: *LEFT renal calculi WITH MILD HYDRONEPHROSIS. *SMALL RIGHT RENAL CALCULUS. Now what I want to do sir. What are the foods to be taken? And not to eat? Now I am taking CYSTONE TABLETS. Some relatives said use CALCURY tablets. Is CALCURY good for me?
Hello Madam, Last week me and my husband did out first intercourse using condom. After that I am facing problem of frequent urination. What should I do?
I have problem that I have to go for urination continuously approx after 10 to 15 minutes when I drink some big amount of water like 1 litre. So it is the symptom of diabetes or any other thing it is?
Sir l am a patient of urinary bladder infection. My urine passes with blood .l am 76 years old. So l want to homoeopathy treatment.
" The theme of world kidney day 2017 is “kidney disease and obesity. Healthy lifestyle for healthy kidneys”"
They're not just your body's cleanup crew. Without them we’d be swimming in our own waste.
We’re born with a pair, yet we can manage with just one. That’s why you can donate a kidney and remain alive and well.
1. The kidneys have a higher blood flow than even the brain, liver or heart.
2. The kidneys reabsorb and redistribute 99% of the blood volume and only 0.1% of the blood filtered becomes urine.
3. Healthy kidneys work 24hrs a day/7 days a week to clean the blood.
4. Kidneys will continue performing until they have lost 75-80% of their function.
5. Kidneys represent only 0.5% of total body’s weight
6. The kidneys of a newborn baby are about 3x larger in proportion to body weight as in the adult.
7. Kidney stones are an accumulation of mineral salts and mostly combined with calcium which can lodge anywhere along the course of the urinary tract.
8. Refined carbohydrates and sugar will stimulate the pancreas to release insulin. This causes extra calcium to be excreted in the urine. Alas, kidney stones.
9. Kidney beans (rajma), true to their name are kidney shaped. They provide nutrients that are helpful to the human kidneys.
10. Each kidney contains 1 million individual filters. They filter an average of around 1.3 liters (2.2 pints) of blood per minute, and expel up to 1.4 liters (2.5 pints) a day of urine.
Take good care of such a vital organ.