Find numerous Bariatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Bariatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhruv Singh
Submit a review for Dr. Dhruv SinghYour feedback matters!
My stomach remains tight without pain. My belt size is 34. I want to reduce my weight. I want an ayurvedic medicine. please consult.
I am 22 yrs. And into IT software since 8 months. I have gained a lot of weight in last few months. I don' t want to increase my weight anymore. Rather decrease a few kgs. What to do ?
Sir please advise me how to reduce double chin and fat from my face. I already reduced 6 kgs in 1 month but face is almost same. I am so depressed I look fat becoz of big face.
Eating healthy and maintaining a happy number on the weighing scale is stuff that dreams are made of - or so you thought! It is never too late to get on to the weight loss bandwagon in case you have a few extra pounds that you are not too proud of. But the concern is how to get rid of the pesky extra kilos in a smooth sailing and effortless manner?
Well, that's easy - take these diet ideas and lose weight effortlessly even as you eat healthy!
- Shop Right: Get nutrition right by first of all shopping right. When you fill your kitchen and pantry with healthy food, remember that good food choices will automatically follow you. So, ditch the packaged food and go for fresh ingredients that can help you cook up a storm even as you get aromatic and rich homemade flavours, right on your table. And remember there is nothing better than the satisfaction of a home cooked meal at the end of the day. Throw in some organic grains, put out the brown bread, and get yourself some fresh tasting ingredients to make a pasta sauce from scratch or prepare a salad dressing in a matter of minutes.
- Smaller Crockery: Are you guilty of overeating? The real culprit might just be your crockery - or rather, its size. Try taking on smaller portions with smaller bowls and plates. This will ensure that you take smaller heapfuls by default, and before you know it, your stomach will be full!
- Smaller Meals, Bigger Effect: You may have heard this being said many times, but it is true. The trick is to pace your metabolism and throw small quantities at it, so that it is easier to break the food down faster. Take at least five to six meals in a day and watch how soon your tummy starts to shape up and lose its flab.
- Mental Hunger: Hungry for a snack and ravenously so? Well, it may be time to tackle that pesky mental hunger. Begin by taking a few glasses of water and then give yourself a few nuts like almonds as well as some raisins. Keep these kinds of snacks handy so that you can pass your time when you are bored or even anxious, without overeating and putting on excessive kilos.
- Vegetables and Fruit: A good dose of fibre can help in tightening your contours because these digestive fibres are well known for flushing toxins out of your system and breaking down the food really fast!
So get on the effective diet bandwagon and banish those fad diets from your menu, today! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
There are many myths surrounding fat and weight loss today. From fad diets to exercises that promise to burn fat in no time at all, the Internet is flooded with material and information that can confuse people. So here is our list of facts and myths regarding fat loss.
- Starving: This one is a big myth! Do not starve as this will only make your body store fat from whatever little you may be ingesting. Also, such habits will chisel away at your bone and muscle strength in the long run.
- Snacking: Avoiding snacks for fat loss is a myth. You need to divide your meals into smaller portions for faster fat loss, which means one or two of those meals could actually be snacks. But a snack which comes in the form of a bag of chips is bad news. So get a salad or almonds for a snack instead.
- Carbs: If you have come to believe that all carbs are bad, then you need a reality check. This one is a major myth. The body requires nourishment above all else, and this includes some amount of carbs. While having a cheese burger is a big no no, having a potato salad minus the heavy cream dressing is actually a good idea and will give your body plenty of energy. Get the drift?
- Calories: While you may have been led to believe that certain kinds of food can burn calories, this is actually a myth. The reality is that there are different kinds of calories and you must choose food that is high in fibre so that the metabolic system gets a boost. Food like oats which come with high dietary fibre can actually help in pushing the food out of your digestive system, faster and more effectively.
- Eating Right and Exercising: Many people believe that eating right and exercising is the best way to banish fat from your life - forever. This is a myth. After a certain age, the metabolism does slow down. Eating right and exercising as a matter of routine helps in avoiding a sudden and massive weight gain. Above all, your diet and exercise should be flexible so that you can accommodate a slowdown without piling on fat.
The fat loss journey is one that is based on a consistent system of eating right and staying within a routine. So avoid myths and get yourself a well nourished, active and well rested body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you planning to lose weight and thinking of the various foods, which you should consume or avoid? Fruits may contain sugar, which is not ideal for weight loss. However, several fruits contain important nutrients, which are essential for your health. Fruits also keep you full while you consume limited calories. Here are some fruits which are beneficial for boosting your weight loss goals:
- Papaya : Papaya is a wonderful diuretic and antioxidant, it possesses a large amount of plant fiber, and very little calories. It also provides a good about of vitamins A, C, and B, calcium, iron and phosphorous. And if that weren't enough, papaya also helps in weight loss and fighting cellulite.
- Berries: Blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are full of nutrients and contain low sugar in comparison to other fruits like bananas and mangoes. Berries are considered to be ideal for burning calories in fast food. They also help in slowing down your digestion process and the absorption of fructose.
- Avocado: Avocados are beneficial in helping you with weight loss. Most people following a limited carbohydrate diet, fail to increase their fat intake content sufficient enough for smooth metabolism and body functioning. An avocado contains around 20 grams of healthy fat, which is quite low for an entire day. Higher fat increases metabolism and boosts testosterone levels, which is a primary hormone associated with weight loss in both men and women.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is also effective in weight loss. It contains high amount of water, which increases your fullness, while only a few calories are contained. Because of this, adding grapefruit to your balanced diet is beneficial in fat loss.
- Watermelon: Watermelon also accounts for being effective in weight loss. It is high in water content and a serving of 100 grams of watermelon contains 30 calories only. They contain amino acids named arginine, which aid in fat burning. Watermelon keeps you hydrated and satiated for a long time. This will prevent unhealthy snacking.
- Guava: Guava is a healthy fruit, which is high in fiber and helps in weight loss. It has a low glycemic index because of which it is excellent for diabetic patients who need to lose weight. Guava also helps in keeping your bowel movements proper. This boosts your overall process of weight loss.
You should add bananas to your diet as it contains 105 calories per piece and is a source of instant energy. It is one of the best post workout fruits. Apples and pears are other fruits which help in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.